PDA

View Full Version : Ed Sherman leads with WSI thread on "All In"

Fenway
05-04-2011, 08:27 AM
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/section/blogs?blogID=business-of-sports&plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&uid=f5555513-c950-4657-a93a-80db16fdf4ad&plckPostId=Blog%3af5555513-c950-4657-a93a-80db16fdf4adPost%3a5191225c-4399-4da4-ab4a-f7d30e592ec2&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

Marqhead
05-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Haha, that's awesome.

I remember seeing it in the thread, but props to whomever came up with "fold".

Fenway
05-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Haha, that's awesome.

I remember seeing it in the thread, but props to whomever came up with "fold".

Well we can be pretty sure the front office will be looking at WSI today

SI1020
05-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Well we can be pretty sure the front office will be looking at WSI today Yes but will anything of value sink in?

doublem23
05-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Yes but will anything of value sink in?

Are you actually suggesting they're going to learn something here they can't figure out themselves?

"Oh, the Sox are doing bad? Thanks for the heads up, internet message board!"

Viva Medias B's
05-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Yes but will anything of value sink in?

Yeah. Will they see the super majorities in the affirmative (so far) for the "Fire KW, Ozzie, and Greg Walker" polls and act? I doubt it.

Procol Harum
05-04-2011, 09:05 AM
They might open a few more churro stands....

ChiSoxGal85
05-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Yeah. Will they see the super majorities in the affirmative (so far) for the "Fire KW, Ozzie, and Greg Walker" polls and act? I doubt it.
I really wish the players would see the "forget this ****, I'm not buying any tickets/cancelling my trip to Chicago" etc. posts. The players' seeming total lack of emotion over this whole fiasco of a season start really gets me. I wish someone would step up, take a bat and break a water cooler, instead of them all tipping their caps. Sheesh.

SI1020
05-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Are you actually suggesting they're going to learn something here they can't figure out themselves?

"Oh, the Sox are doing bad? Thanks for the heads up, internet message board!" They haven't figured out a lot of things and consequently the ship is sinking fast while they dig in their stubborn heels.

kittle42
05-04-2011, 09:34 AM
The players' seeming total lack of emotion over this whole fiasco of a season start really gets me. I wish someone would step up, take a bat and break a water cooler, instead of them all tipping their caps. Sheesh.

Yeah, emotion. That's the problem.

doublem23
05-04-2011, 09:37 AM
They haven't figured out a lot of things and consequently the ship is sinking fast while they dig in their stubborn heels.

What do you expect them to do? Release the entire roster 1 month into the season?

Brian26
05-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Yeah, emotion. That's the problem.

I know what you're saying, but they showed the Sox dugout right after the final out, and Rios was walking over to get his glove and hat with the biggest ****-eating grin on his face I've ever seen. So, it is possible that some of these guys don't take things as seriously as we'd like them to. I dunno.

Brian26
05-04-2011, 09:41 AM
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/section/blogs?blogID=business-of-sports&plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&uid=f5555513-c950-4657-a93a-80db16fdf4ad&plckPostId=Blog%3af5555513-c950-4657-a93a-80db16fdf4adPost%3a5191225c-4399-4da4-ab4a-f7d30e592ec2&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

Nice, he listed mine second. Some consolation for a crappy game. The best one, though, was "the adults can't play."

soxfanatlanta
05-04-2011, 09:42 AM
I really wish the players would see the "forget this ****, I'm not buying any tickets/cancelling my trip to Chicago" etc. posts. The players' seeming total lack of emotion over this whole fiasco of a season start really gets me. I wish someone would step up, take a bat and break a water cooler, instead of them all tipping their caps. Sheesh.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFGcCcjrX7_Xc93Dl7GgZDsLuxNTI_l Ov-Z8mEJdy0se_C5fCZ

Like him?

Sorry, I'd rather have them behave like professionals, not babies.

LongLiveFisk
05-04-2011, 09:43 AM
I know what you're saying, but they showed the Sox dugout right after the final out, and Rios was walking over to get his glove and hat with the biggest ****-eating grin on his face I've ever seen. So, it is possible that some of these guys don't take things as seriously as we'd like them to. I dunno.

Yep, I mentioned it in the game thread. Throwing bats and slamming helmets won't win ballgames but it would at least be nice to know someone even gives a ****. If nobody cares, I don't see an end to this anywhere in sight.

LongLiveFisk
05-04-2011, 09:44 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFGcCcjrX7_Xc93Dl7GgZDsLuxNTI_l Ov-Z8mEJdy0se_C5fCZ

Like him?

Yeah but this behavior should be the exception, not the rule. Isn't he always doing this??

kittle42
05-04-2011, 09:46 AM

He's carrying on in the fine tradition of guys named A. Rios who have played for the Sox.

BringHomeDaBacon
05-04-2011, 09:55 AM

It has become so painfully obvious why: A) Toronto was trying to give Rios and his contract away and B) there was ONE SUCKER willing to take him.

Sure, he was great in the first half of last year but for the amount he's making that should be the norm. Instead, we've gotten complete crap in 2009, mediocre to crap in the second half of last year and complete crap again this year.

He's Alfonso Soriano with knees.

DSpivack
05-04-2011, 10:41 AM
He's carrying on in the fine tradition of guys named A. Rios who have played for the Sox.

There was something in the air those nights, striking out with might, Armando

manders_01
05-04-2011, 10:49 AM

:rolling: Gotta love tying ABBA into baseball! :thumbsup:

ChiSoxGal85
05-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Yep, I mentioned it in the game thread. Throwing bats and slamming helmets won't win ballgames but it would at least be nice to know someone even gives a ****. If nobody cares, I don't see an end to this anywhere in sight.

This. I exaggerated when I said someone should break a water cooler, but at least someone could act like they give a damn.

This is what I was getting at. And I really don't wanna hear the "it's too early to care about these games, don't worry" crap anymore from the players or Ozzie or Kenny. It ain't.

pythons007
05-04-2011, 11:50 AM

Taking a quote from Major League II and modified it a little.

My God! Good news fans, the White Sox are showing signs of life for the first time in weeks. As a matter of fact they appear to be beating the crap out of each other. It looks like Juan Pierre is trying to hit Mark Buehrle, and why not, everyone else in the league does. Pierre swings and misses. I don't know Monte, it looks like Buerhle is carrying his left a little low. This could hurt him in the later rounds.

HaroMaster87
05-04-2011, 01:00 PM

Exactly...I dont wanna see it after every loss. But damn, this is HISTORICALLY bad right now. And none of the guys on the bench seem to care...not even a terse word in an interview.

What they are doing now obviously aint working...

tacosalbarojas
05-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Quentin takes things so seriously, he's sent to a shrink to help his problem...and people crack on him for that. Then we have the other end of the spectrum. I dunno, how should people react to losing? It's up to the individual. I prefer that they be themselves rather than showing false emotion.

As for Rios, did he or did he not get thrown out of the game the other day because he was so pissed off about a strikeout?

JB98
05-04-2011, 01:09 PM
I don't need to see emotion, but I do need to see better at-bats.

Right now, I see guys giving away at-bats and making weak outs. That's not acceptable to me.

They are too quick to give up and "tip their caps."

DSpivack
05-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Quentin takes things so seriously, he's sent to a shrink to help his problem...and people crack on him for that. Then we have the other end of the spectrum. I dunno, how should people react to losing? It's up to the individual. I prefer that they be themselves rather than showing false emotion.

As for Rios, did he or did he not get thrown out of the game the other day because he was so pissed off about a strikeout?

I believe he was thrown out, but that was when he struck out in the bottom of the 9th. Thus, the ejection was rather moot.

kittle42
05-04-2011, 01:27 PM
I believe he was thrown out, but that was when he struck out in the bottom of the 9th. Thus, the ejection was rather moot.

So if he shows emotion in the 9th inning of a loss, does it count less?

skobabe8
05-04-2011, 01:46 PM
So if he shows emotion in the 9th inning of a loss, does it count less?

Depends how Chicago tough he is.

A. Cavatica
05-04-2011, 08:56 PM
We need more marketing slogans. Chicago is listening!

How about "unlovable losers"?

johnny bench
05-04-2011, 10:15 PM
This is lazy ****ing reporting on Sherman's part.

As nice as it is to be recognized, an article on the contents of a WhiteSox forum is not actually newsworthy.

Lip Man 1
05-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Considering many of the posts he used were comedy gold I disagree. It shows Sox fans are so disgusted they aren't sparing anything or anyone in letting the world know how they feel.

I think that is noteworthy. Other teams fans would never think of doing something like that.

Lip

soxnut1018
05-04-2011, 10:28 PM
They might open a few more churro stands....

If they do, I get all the credit.

doublem23
05-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Considering many of the posts he used were comedy gold I disagree. It shows Sox fans are so disgusted they aren't sparing anything or anyone in letting the world know how they feel.

I think that is noteworthy. Other teams fans would never think of doing something like that.

Lip

Abso-****ing-LUTELY. What other team's fans have an internet message board?

All of them (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78887)?

Lip Man 1
05-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Do they have the same sarcastic, biting humor Doub? The kind that makes you laugh but also has the impact of a knife through the heart??

ABSO-****ING-LUTELY NOT.

Lip

CWSpalehoseCWS
05-04-2011, 11:01 PM

Like him?

Zambrano throws fits for no reason what-so-ever, or because his personal stats got affected.

ewokpelts
05-05-2011, 09:29 AM
This is lazy ****ing reporting on Sherman's part.

As nice as it is to be recognized, an article on the contents of a WhiteSox forum is not actually newsworthy.
it's a BLOG entry.

balke
05-05-2011, 10:05 AM
The unfortunate part of this slogan - if the Sox panic and abort it'll make the slogan an even bigger joke.

The great story out of all of this is if they stick it out and somehow get in the playoffs after facing such adversity. Come June offense won't be a problem. Sox need peavy back around that time and Thornton to pull himself together pronto.

Jim Shorts
05-05-2011, 10:17 AM

Thank you for that. Needed something to grin about after watching 17/21 games go straight to the **** house.

skobabe8
05-05-2011, 07:31 PM
The unfortunate part of this slogan - if the Sox panic and abort it'll make the slogan an even bigger joke.

Question #1 - Has this EVER happened?

Question #2 - Has this ever happened in MAY?

Jerko
05-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Twins are unbeaten since pavano took a bat to the water cooler. Granted they only played the Sox...