PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5-3 A Twins batting tee would have no-hit the Sox Postgamer

Pages : 1 [2]

thomas35forever
05-03-2011, 10:07 PM
I bet the hot dogs tasted good, too. That's about the only bright spot for anyone who attended the game.
And the churros! Don't forget about those tasty churros!

slavko
05-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Well it gave me a reason to watch...:whiner:

LOL. Kept me away from the NBA too.:smile:

Let's see:

Get to a point where we could not possibly go any lower...check

Maybe. There were a couple hard hit balls, no great plays, though. What could be lower? Thinking.....Indecent Exposure at 3rd base? Cheapshotting a bat boy? Signing an autograph for a kid "Jock Sniffer?" Hiding a potato in your pocket and using it to deliver an inside pitch? Poison Churros? You finish the list. Laugh and enjoy the rest of the season.

LongLiveFisk
05-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Laughing at the caller on Rongey's show just now saying people need to blame the pitching too. After we get no hit by a suckass pitcher, you have the balls to call and say that? Right now? Are you kidding me? :mg:

WhiteSox56
05-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Thorny was good today. :shrug:

I liked it. I smiled watching him. Just a little bit... Then the Twins were celebrating a no no.

soltrain21
rest of the year? I am more concerned about this team being the worst team in the league for years to come.

Yep. Nothing in the pipeline at all. And even if there was it's obvious this team develops players like I develop friends. Not very well.

WhiteSoxOnly
Laughing at the caller on Rongey's show just now saying people need to blame the pitching too. After we get no hit by a suckass pitcher, you have the balls to call and say that? Right now? Are you kidding me? :mg:

Was it Dunn ?

aloha
05-03-2011, 10:10 PM
there is no need to fire any coaches on the sox. leave everything as it is. it will eventually work out

northsideirish

I really don't know how Rongey does that night after night, especially times like this.

aryzner
xP1-oquwoL8

billyvsox
To all.....thanks for all the comic relief. Gonna watch some Tosh.O reruns for more comic relief so I can sleep comfortably.

Sadly thoug, i will be back for more pain tomorrow...so long for now

Boondock Saint
there is no need to fire any coaches on the sox. leave everything as it is. it will eventually work out

Thanks, Walk.

thomas35forever
How can you say that? Have you been watching the same team?

kaufsox
05-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Well that just sucked, not just the no hitter, but a no hitter to the Twins. *I swear, no matter what they just get the break; Sox can't get a run, Twins just get one; Jackson pitches well, Liriano pitches pretty crappy, but gets a no hitter.*

I don't call for firings. I don't really think managers and coaches are that important, that they win or lose games. I've actually supported Ozzie and I've been quite indifferent about Walker. Hell I don't even want a firing tonight, but tomorrow is the difference. If they come out and put forth a crappy effort, against a team they need to beat to have any, any freaking chance, then I think it's time for a wholesale change; Ozzie, Walker, Cora, Harold, hell even Rongey. If there are so signs of life, then bring in the paddles and shock these ****ers.

Boondock Saint
05-03-2011, 10:11 PM
aryzner, that might the be the funniest and most appropriate thing I've ever seen, considering the situation.

tstrike2000
05-03-2011, 10:13 PM
I really don't think it matters if they fire anyone or not.

aryzner
aryzner, that might the be the funniest and most appropriate thing I've ever seen, considering the situation.
I've been thinking about posting it in a postgame thread for a couple weeks now. And I finally felt that it was truly the right time.

The moaning and crying in the first 20 seconds are PERFECT.

JB98

It is Jackson's fault, too. He knows damn well a shutout is required to win with this offense. Shame on him for giving up one run over eight innings.

GoGoCrede
05-03-2011, 10:14 PM

It would give us something to talk about besides losing, I guess.

WhiteSoxOnly

How'd this Twins fan get in ?

A. Cavatica

Hmmm, your spelling and grammar are too good for you to be Ozzie.

Harold, is that you?

WhiteSox56
05-03-2011, 10:15 PM
xP1-oquwoL8

Exactly.

aloha
05-03-2011, 10:16 PM
the loss is really on the pitchers. as a great manager once said, "sometimes you gotta throw shutouts to win"

GoGoCrede
05-03-2011, 10:17 PM
the loss is really on the pitchers. as a great manager once said, "sometimes you gotta throw shutouts to win"

I'm going with implied teal.

thomas35forever
Yeah. I think it's our manager.

Soxman219
Seriously, I can't ****in' believe this ****! Liriano was so bad coming in and he gets a no-hitter!:angry::mad:

tstrike2000
05-03-2011, 10:18 PM
It would give us something to talk about besides losing, I guess.

And listening to people in the Sox organization tipping their whatever while they get bent over by every other team.

Rikirk
Boycott all remaining games. Let em play in front of a ghost town.
Maybe hitting them in the wallet will shock em a little.

ChiSoxGal85
Only 10 months until pitchers & catchers report to Glendale !
:roflmao: I was wondering when this would show up...
To all.....thanks for all the comic relief. Gonna watch some Tosh.O reruns for more comic relief so I can sleep comfortably.

Sadly thoug, i will be back for more pain tomorrow...so long for now
I was thinking I would take a break too; I'm tired of getting my heart broken....but how much you wanna bet, I'll be back watching tomorrow again. I keep hoping to see that turnaround point of the season. Call me a sucker. :o:

LongLiveFisk
05-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Seriously, I can't ****in' believe this ****! Liriano was so bad coming in and he gets a no-hitter!:angry::mad:

We're well past the shock portion of this thread. We're now firmly entrenched in the cheap jokes and one-liners segment. :thumbsup:

GoGoCrede
05-03-2011, 10:20 PM
I was thinking I would take a break too; I'm tired of getting my heart broken....but how much you wanna bet, I'll be back watching tomorrow again. I keep hoping to see that turnaround point of the season. Call me a sucker. :o:

This was the first game I'd turned on in a week. My bad, everyone.

manders_01
Not when the guy has an era over 9.

That was, to me, the frustrating part. Had his record been better and ERA been lower it wouldn't sting quite as much. And if he wasn't on the Twins.

Going off that "Why do you love WSI?" thread in the parking lot, I'd say it's for moments like these.

LMAO And CAPSLOCKOFRAGE??? Holy **** that's hilarious! :roflmao: You are rocking the comedy gems tonight girl!

Yeah, this is great. :rolleyes:

Seriously??? It's ****ing baseball! God knows it all makes us happy when we're on top and like this when we're not. But can out honestly say that you have seen nothing on this board at times like this that haven't put a smile on your face? C'mon Gavin, even though it's hard, silver lining.

Thorny was good today. :shrug:

Agreed. And I will admit I was nervous that he was coming in. It was nice to see my nerves were for nothing and hopefully he's come around.

---

billyvsox, shame for you to cancel your trip to Chicago. In and of itself it's well worth a vacation. And IMO, when you can't see the Sox as regularly as someone who lives there, even at their crapiest it would be worth a trip to the ballpark. I know when they're here in late June, no matter their record, I will be at every game of the series. I may just be wearing more Rockies gear than Sox gear! :tongue:

Nelfox02

ultimately l think you are right, I mean this group is what it is. I keep saying to my friends "the sox may not be good, but they are not this bad"......problem is I ve said that for about 2 weeks now.....maybe they are this bad?

point being no one is going to come to this team as a hitting coach or manager and work miracles....would we get that week or so bump of better baseball? maybe

all that said I would love to see Ozzie and his staff, and KW gone. Not to salvage this season, but for the future. At this point that is my main focus....how to fix this organization as quickly as possible, I know it will likely take years.....but who can come in here with a fresh approach and start us on the right path?

thomas35forever
:roflmao: I was wondering when this would show up...

That settles it. The Betty Ford Clinic needs to open a wing that helps people kick their White Sox viewing habits.

tstrike2000
05-03-2011, 10:21 PM
It's our customary loss to the Twins to get them on a winning streak.

WhiteSox56
Well I usually don't drink much more than 3 beers at a game, but I am going to drink much more this year. How else am I going to get through the games? And I bought more tickets today......

Viva Medias B's
Heads need to roll at the Cell the same way bowling balls do at the bowling alley.

KMcMahon817
05-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Pretty embarrassing...but I am not going to make some stupid comment like the season is over. They've played 31 games and things couldn't possibly go worse...and even with that, the Twins are ahead of us by 1 game and the Tigers by 2.5. And you heard it here first, the Royals and Indians aren't finishing over .500. The SOX are nowhere near done. But, good lord they need to learn how to hit. It's just pathetic.

Liriano sure did his best Edwin Jackson impersonation tonight though.

GoGoCrede
05-03-2011, 10:23 PM
We're well past the shock portion of this thread. We're now firmly entrenched in the cheap jokes and one-liners segment. :thumbsup:

I keep searching for the Like button for your posts on here. :smile:

SoxSpeed22
05-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Well I usually don't drink much more than 3 beers at a game, but I am going to drink much more this year. How else am I going to get through the games? And I bought more tickets today......A flask is your friend. As long as you don't have to drive home, fill it with Rumplemintz, it's definitely cheaper than 5 beers at the ball park.

mantis1212
xP1-oquwoL8

That helped relieve the frustation for sure.

vinny
Did Elisabeth Kubler-Ross write a baseball companion to On Death and Dying?

Noneck
The worst record in MLB.

Bright spot is, It cant get any worse.

LongLiveFisk
05-03-2011, 10:25 PM
I keep searching for the Like button for your posts on here. :smile:

Hey, I just call 'em like I see 'em. :wink:

manders_01
05-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Boycott all remaining games. Let em play in front of a ghost town.
Maybe hitting them in the wallet will shock em a little.

The players won't see any decline in their paychecks but it will certainly hurt our future teams. I know it's gotta be hard for those in the area to spend their money on something that's less than totally enjoyable but I don't think not spending money on this team now will do anything positive to this team now.

soltrain21
05-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Pretty embarrassing...but I am not going to make some stupid comment like the season is over. They've played 31 games and things couldn't possibly go worse...and even with that, the Twins are ahead of us by 1 game and the Tigers by 2.5. And you heard it here first, the Royals and Indians aren't finishing over .500. The SOX are nowhere near done. But, good lord they need to learn how to hit. It's just pathetic.

Who cares what other teams are doing. We ****ing blow.

WhiteSox56
05-03-2011, 10:26 PM
The worst record in MLB.

Worse? It can get worse.

DSpivack
05-03-2011, 10:27 PM
The players won't see any decline in their paychecks but it will certainly hurt our future teams. I know it's gotta be hard for those in the area to spend their money on something that's less than totally enjoyable but I don't think not spending money on this team now will do anything positive to this team now.

The combination of the worst Sox team I've ever seen with my being completely broke might just mean I make it to zero Sox games this season.

LongLiveFisk
The worst record in MLB.

I admire your optimism.

soxnut1018
The worst record in MLB.

http://wwww.vizze.net/dd10chan.vizze.net/src/129940838462.jpg

CWSpalehoseCWS
xP1-oquwoL8

I've never felt so good after a Sox loss. Thank you.

thomas35forever
05-03-2011, 10:28 PM
The worst record in MLB.

Sure it can. We could have one less win than the Twins right now.

Noneck
05-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Worse? It can get worse.

Nothing is lower than last.

ZombieRob
05-03-2011, 10:29 PM
I don't watch until someone gets fired. **** these bums.
I'm with you. I just mentioned that on FB. This is the worst managed Ozzie and Company team ever. I have been on the fence about Ozzie and company, but I think it's time to move on, and I'll always be thankful for bringing this franchise back.

KMcMahon817
05-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Who cares what other teams are doing. We ****ing blow.

I do. It's 31 games into the season and the two teams were going to competing with in August and September should we turn it around are the Tigers and Twins. Newsflash: they ****ing blow right now too.

DSpivack

True, but I can see them getting no hit several times this summer if they're playing liket his.

WhiteSox56

Record wise it can't get worse. But trust me, other things can get worse.

manders_01
The combination of the worst Sox team I've ever seen with my being completely broke might just mean I make it to zero Sox games this season.

Well I hear ya. I wrote that knowing full well that the amount of Rockies games I typically go to in a season has declined due to lack of funds. Hypocritical of me, I suppose. But I love 'em, even when they're playing like this. :gah:

Scottiehaswheels
05-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Trade the Danks boys to Texas, Konerko to L.A., put Rios on the 60 day d.l., dfa Pierre,A.J., send Beckham to AA.

DSpivack
05-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Well I hear ya. I wrote that knowing full well that the amount of Rockies games I typically go to in a season has declined due to lack of funds. Hypocritical of me, I suppose. But I love 'em, even when they're playing like this. :gah:

Hey, maybe I can convince my mom to take a family trip to see my sister this summer and I'll see more Rockies games than Sox. :tongue:

WhiteSox56
This team has time to turn it around. But heads better role now rather than later.

DSpivack
Trade the Danks boys to Texas, Konerko to L.A., put Rios on the 60 day d.l., dfa Pierre,A.J., send Beckham to AA.

You forgot Buehrle to the Cardinals.

Gavin
05-03-2011, 10:33 PM

Hey Pierre had 3 walks today! That counts for something in fantasy baseball leagues that count walks! If the sucker that drafted him hadn't yet dropped him yet!

manders_01
05-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Hey, maybe I can convince my mom to take a family trip to see my sister this summer and I'll see more Rockies games than Sox. :tongue:

They do have the third best record in MLB! And if you come, I promise I'll buy you a beer. :D:

AnkleSox
05-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Well at least I know I will be saving money this summer.

Or spending a lot more on booze when whatever bar I'm at decides to turn on the White Sox game.

For the love of God please fire somebody.

cheezheadsoxfan
05-03-2011, 10:36 PM

I think you made me feel better.:(:

MetroPD
05-03-2011, 10:37 PM
well at least Rios was only 0-3 today, if Liriano allowed any one else on, Rios would've been 0-4.

cheezheadsoxfan
05-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Did Elisabeth Kubler-Ross write a baseball companion to On Death and Dying?
:lol:

Dub25
05-03-2011, 10:39 PM
If I were Rongey, I'd cancel the postgame show.

Might as well... he will only cut off callers like he was on my way home from this 2nd no hitter i've witnessed in person. I also saw Buehrle's perfecto in person.

ChiSoxGal85
05-03-2011, 10:39 PM
xP1-oquwoL8
OMG. Thank you for that...I LOL'd...I feel much better now!
This was the first game I'd turned on in a week. My bad, everyone.
Not your fault, GoGo, unless you put lead all the bats in the Sox dugout while no one was looking. :D:
That settles it. The Betty Ford Clinic needs to open a wing that helps people kick their White Sox viewing habits.

:rolling: I'm All In...rehab.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v46plhmxXU4)

aloha
05-03-2011, 10:40 PM
sometimes you run into guys who have cy young type nights. that is what happened tonight. unfortunately it's also happened 10-15 times this year. however, it can't continue to happen, at some point these pitchers won't get so lucky and have "cy young" type performances.

Gavin
05-03-2011, 10:41 PM
sometimes you run into guys who have cy young type nights. that is what happened tonight. unfortunately it's also happened 10-15 times this year. however, it can't continue to happen, at some point these pitchers won't get so lucky and have "cy young" type performances.

lol, I like it. keep it up.

thomas35forever
05-03-2011, 10:42 PM
The more you post, the more I think you're on the coaching staff somehow. You've got their quotes down pat.

LongLiveFisk
05-03-2011, 10:42 PM
:hawk

"Sit back, relax, and strap yourself into a strait jacket!"

Dub25
05-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Walker has nothing to do with this, these are professional athletes, He can't make them hit, he can only fix their flaws in their swings. We need to fire Ozzie, I will not be satisfied with this team until this happens.

Hmm... hitting has basically sucked every year under his watch except for 1st half of 2006.

SoxSpeed22
05-03-2011, 10:43 PM
That settles it. The Betty Ford Clinic needs to open a wing that helps people kick their White Sox viewing habits.Antecedent/ Behavior/ Consequences
Identify the time, place and things that happen that lead you to watch this team, then identify consequences that feel rewarding or take away something bad because you watched this team.

Dub25
05-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Walker needs to go and Guillen has to be getting close. No excuse for this lineup to be this pitiful night after night with the bats they have. They won't be able to unload some of those contracts so someone has to be the fall guy.

You mention contracts so I think KW should join them to the unemployment line.

gogosox675
05-03-2011, 10:50 PM

"Sit back, relax, and strap yourself into a strait jacket!"
I bet he was so giddy about the Twins organization getting a no-hitter that you couldn't pull a greased out of his behind with a pair of pliers.

Dub25
05-03-2011, 10:51 PM
B.S.

Any kind of approach a new hitting coach would bring in has to be better than the one they have now. The same approach for 6 years obviously doesn't work.

Don't tell Rongey this inside information...

Blueprint1
05-03-2011, 10:52 PM
We now have the least amount of runs scored in baseball. How many did we score in the first two games?

Lip Man 1
05-03-2011, 10:52 PM
A guy with an ERA of NINE...and he no-hits the Sox.

I'm "all in" for any type of change...players, manager, G.M. coaches...I honestly don't care.

JUST DO SOMETHING!

Lip

Dub25
05-03-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm taking a group of 10 of our best students on a field trip to tomorrow's game...I'm wondering if that's a good or bad thing.

Have them pull out math books and teach stats... thats my only suggestion.

shingo10
I am starting to sway over to the contingent of people who say the Sox need to change whatever it is they are doing in Spring Training. They always have a horrendous record and they say it doesn't matter..blah blah. Granted they are right the record doesn't matter but it seems like the feeling of complacency seeps over into the start of the season time and time again.

Slow starts just kill everything. The fans get disinterested as do the players. Ugh.

The only slight positive in any of this is the crappy division we are in this year. If Cleveland stays good all year more power to them.

soltrain21
We now have the least amount of runs scored in baseball. How many did we score in the first two games?

Now even Walker's stupid ****ing reason as to why were okay (runs per game) doesn't work.

What now, clown?

cleanwsox
05-03-2011, 10:55 PM
White Sox hitting streak snapped at 30 games. Andre Ethier is at 29 right now.

manders_01
05-03-2011, 10:55 PM
You know, it kinda hurts to be listening to the Rockies game right now since they keep announcing the first no-hitter of the year. :whiner:

GlassSox
05-03-2011, 10:56 PM

I'm "all in" for any type of change...players, manager, G.M. coaches...I honestly don't care.

JUST DO SOMETHING!

Lip

Agree, sometimes it is just time for a change. Start with Walker and then anything else is gravy. But just do something!

manders_01
05-03-2011, 10:56 PM
White Sox hitting streak snapped at 30 games. Andre Ethier is at 29 right now.

Ouch! That's some painful perspective.

tstrike2000
05-03-2011, 10:57 PM

JUST DO SOMETHING!

Lip

Lip, that would be nice. We all (well most of us) want something to change, but the fact is, it never happens with this organization.

BringHomeDaBacon
05-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Hey Pierre had 3 walks today! That counts for something in fantasy baseball leagues that count walks! If the sucker that drafted him hadn't yet dropped him yet!

Since I was fortunate to have missed the game, I will go ahead and assume that means he was caught stealing three times.

thomas35forever
05-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Since I was fortunate to have missed the game, I will go ahead and assume that means he was caught stealing three times.
Actually, he did steal a base tonight, but wasn't caught.

Dub25
05-03-2011, 11:00 PM
If this were a team full of players like Beckham and Morel your logic would make since, your logic doesn't make since at this point. This team is full of veterans being paid millions, if they need a coach to tell them how to hit instead of finding holes in their swings they should not be in the majors. The majority of the hitters on this team do not have holes in their swings, they just aren't hitting, nothing walker can do unless he takes their at bats.

But every year this team is full of veterans and the results are the same...

Dub25
05-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Like I had said in the gamethread, the Sox were nearly no hit in Detroit. The way the have been hitting, this was inevitable. They are not hitting, they have no chemistry. They are a joke, and something has to be done. This all falls squarely on the Sox, the Twins get no cap-tip from me tonight.

Speaking of no chemistry and not to hi-jack the thread but my buddy told me about Mitch Williams demanding a split screen on Monday night of Paulie's 2nd HR dugout reaction vs some Dodger that hit a big triple Dodger reaction. I guess the Sox dugout was dead except A.J. clapping a few times and the Dodgers dugout was going nuts.

CHISOXFAN13
05-03-2011, 11:09 PM
Let's see:

Give Liriano his first shutout...check
Give Liriano his first complete game...check
Give Liriano a no-hitter...check
Revive Liriano's career...check
Revive the Twins' season...check
Get to a point where we could not possibly go any lower...check

I'm embarrassed to be a fan of this team right now.:anon:

The Sox suck, but let's not go out claiming this will revive the Twins season. Minny's offense is nearly as bad as ours, and it ain't getting better because Liriano fired a no-no.

PalehosePlanet
05-03-2011, 11:11 PM

Not even close. We have 119 after tonight and the Twins have 86. We were 18th overall coming into tonight.

NLaloosh
05-03-2011, 11:11 PM

Is that you Mr. Hand ? Do you really think the Sox will squeak by ? Is there a team like this every year....that you know...completely blows balls and finishes in last place?

Blueprint1
05-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Not even close. We have 119 after tonight and the Twins have 86. We were 18th overall coming into tonight.

You are right. I was looking at the Twins thinking it was us. I guess Walker can still look at that number and they we are alright.

balke
05-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Pretty sure someone will have already said this. - but can we just officially change the 2012 slogan to "all out"?

Nelfox02
05-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Pretty sure someone will have already said this. - but can we just officially change the 2012 slogan to "all out"?

2012......yikes.....that slogan I dont even want to think about....the idea of what the 2012 team is going to likely look like makes me want to hide under the bed in terror....

Blueprint1
05-03-2011, 11:18 PM
2012......yikes.....that slogan I dont even want to think about....the idea of what the 2012 team is going to likely look like makes me want to hide under the bed in terror....

How can the 2012 team be worse?

Lip Man 1
05-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Given the size of the payroll and the apparent disgust by the fan base (I think Sox fans here at WSI are a pretty good indicator of how the fan base in general is feeling) this has the earmarks of a disastrous season and one that could bring about changes that wouldn't even be considered in some fantasy-land two months ago.

By the Numbers:

Sox have lost 16 of 20 (since the "tipping point" blown game to Oakland)
Sox now have the worst record in baseball
Sox are 4-9 in games decided by 1 or 2 runs
Sox have lost 5 games when holding opponent to 3 runs or less
Sox have been shut out 4 times.

It's the revenge of "corpse-ball."

Me thinks I'm going to pull out and watch a tape from 83 tomorrow night.

Lip

Soxfest
05-03-2011, 11:23 PM
>Just when you thought the White Sox couldn't get any worse -- they do
>No hit by a pitcher with a 9+ ERA at gametime
>No hit by a pitcher who had given up 27 hits in 22 innings before tonight
>No hit by a pitcher who had never thrown a complete game
>Oh yes, let's not forget yet another loss to the Twins -- Ozzie's favorite team
>This is the most uninspired White Sox team I have seen in many, many years
>The only thing the White Sox lead MLB in is excuses -- am sure there will be another boatload of them tomorrow:angry:

HaroMaster87
Difference between the twins offense and ours is they have a legit excuse...most of their best hitters are hurt/not playing...

Whats our excuse???

WOW...This is absolutely unexplainable...

And the worst part is there is nothing you can do with this roster...for YEARS...

Dub25
"You rotten bums! You overpaid weenies! I *detest* you! You're all garbage! All of ya! Back up the truck! Back it up!"

This season has felt like Major League 2.

TheOldRoman
05-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Walker has nothing to do with this, these are professional athletes, He can't make them hit, he can only fix their flaws in their swings. We need to fire Ozzie, I will not be satisfied with this team until this happens.:?:
So, Walker isn't responsible for the team hitting, even though it is literally the only thing he is paid to do? Okay, I guess. He isn't responsible for this crap, but Ozzie deserves to be fired for the team not hitting?

Totally agreed!! Firing Walker would merely be a symbolic scapegoat gesture. Lots of nonsense in this post, but I will address this. Not at all. He would be fired because he is at-absolute-best a poor hitting coach. Konerko is the only hitter who is still here from Walker's first team (with him and AJ being the only hitters left from 2005). We don't have only slow sluggers. We have power hitters, athletic guys, talented young hitters, guys who take walks, etc. And while there has been so much turnover in talent and types of talent, the constant has been Walker, and the performances have been constant.

Like clockwork, the entire team goes into month-long slumps in April and August. They can't hit lefties, they can't hit guys they haven't faced before, they can't hit anyone who throws slow. They continually fail to adjust to what the pitchers are doing. Liriano wasn't good today. Jackson was far better than him, and that is a shame. Liriano couldn't locate and didn't even really have a lot of movement on his pitches. Even though he was so off, our hitters went up there looking to swing at the first pitch and hit it 500 feet. They didn't adjust. This performance against pretty much any other team has Liriano leaving in the fifth inning.

So you can choose to believe that Kenny happened to put together teams over the past 6 years with a myriad of good hitters, bad hitters, veterans, rookies, sluggers, speedsters, patient hitters and aggressive hitters who just so happened to not be able to adjust to the opponents, hit in cold weather, hit lefties and were prone to month-long slumps. Or you could think maybe the variety of hitters coming through the team points to a failed hitting philosophy that comes down from the hitting coach. Your choice.

CubsfansareDRUNK
xP1-oquwoL8

Nicolas Rage

Nelfox02
How can the 2012 team be worse?

you will likely have a mix of unproductive vets and really, really, bad young players.....likely still managed by Guillen. I think we are in for years of bad sox baseball......

SoxSpeed22
05-03-2011, 11:29 PM
This season has felt like Major League 2. All we need is for Hawk to get drunk during the games, our players to get into a team brawl with each other and bring in some outfielder from Japan.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QTA4z9i9CAQ/S7qGw0bxytI/AAAAAAAABiI/Yc8CEP40vuU/s320/major_league_2+Marbles.jpg
Marbles! You have no marbles!

Boondock Saint
05-03-2011, 11:30 PM
All we need is for Hawk to get drunk during the games, our players to get into a team brawl with each other and bring in some outfielder from Japan.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QTA4z9i9CAQ/S7qGw0bxytI/AAAAAAAABiI/Yc8CEP40vuU/s320/major_league_2+Marbles.jpg
Marbles! You have no marbles!

Hey, joke if you must, but I'd watch the hell out of that. I'd pay to see it, too.

Dub25
05-03-2011, 11:32 PM
I had a feeling he would get the no-hitter after 3. That's how bad it was.

Your team is garbage, Jerry.

True since they have not scored in the 1st 3 in how long???

Gordon Shumway
05-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Any jerk can luck into a non hit game, let's not flip out here.

thomas35forever
05-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Hey, joke if you must, but I'd watch the hell out of that. I'd pay to see it, too.
"My God! Good news, fans! The Sox are showing signs of life for the first time in weeks! As a matter of fact, they appear to be beating the crap out of each other! It looks like Juan Pierre is trying to hit Will Ohman. And why not? Everyone else in the league does!"

Dub25
05-03-2011, 11:37 PM
I am starting to sway over to the contingent of people who say the Sox need to change whatever it is they are doing in Spring Training. They always have a horrendous record and they say it doesn't matter..blah blah. Granted they are right the record doesn't matter but it seems like the feeling of complacency seeps over into the start of the season time and time again.

Slow starts just kill everything. The fans get disinterested as do the players. Ugh.

The only slight positive in any of this is the crappy division we are in this year. If Cleveland stays good all year more power to them.

Check out the bold... Not you but this is why I hate when people say April games don't matter or matter as much. This team went... going into tonight 11-19. To reach 90 wins they would've needed to go 79-53. That is a 26 over clip...

Dub25
05-03-2011, 11:40 PM
Given the size of the payroll and the apparent disgust by the fan base (I think Sox fans here at WSI are a pretty good indicator of how the fan base in general is feeling) this has the earmarks of a disastrous season and one that could bring about changes that wouldn't even be considered in some fantasy-land two months ago.

By the Numbers:

Sox have lost 16 of 20 (since the "tipping point" blown game to Oakland)
Sox now have the worst record in baseball
Sox are 4-9 in games decided by 1 or 2 runs
Sox have lost 5 games when holding opponent to 3 runs or less
Sox have been shut out 4 times.

It's the revenge of "corpse-ball."

Me thinks I'm going to pull out and watch a tape from 83 tomorrow night.

Lip

Lip

I kind of remember the 83 season even though I was 7. You think you can make a copy so I can show my 3 year old what White Sox baseball looks like?

Dub25
05-03-2011, 11:42 PM

True, but the Sox didnt go thru a hurricane like the Astros did and had a home game moved to Miller Park...

samurai_sox
05-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Don't know what to say about tonight, we just plain suck. I just can't believe this team has sunk so low but at the same time I'm not surprised.

Last year I believed in the Sox when they went on that incredible run that started in interleague, but then the team went back to their old ways in crunch time.

If they go on another tear again this year, I'm not gonna fall for that false sense of hope again.

Boondock Saint
05-03-2011, 11:52 PM

You're kidding right? Or maybe you haven't watched the last month of White Sox baseball? Look, I'd agree with your sentiment if the Sox had a winning record, or were at least scoring with regularity, or not giving up near no-hitters way too often to think that this won't continue, but they have the worst record in baseball, and are consistently getting butchered by every kind of pitcher under the sun. It's not one game that's got everybody blowing up (although you can't really blame anyone for this one), it's this entire season, which bears a striking resemblance to many of the seasons directly preceding it, and the fact that seemingly everybody with the power to do something about it wants to tell us that everything's hunky dory.

Gordon Shumway
05-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Get a grip pally. It's a game. One game

HaroMaster87
05-04-2011, 12:06 AM
im just amazed we havent gotten reports or seen someone break something or bust up something in the locker room...i mean, show some passion...geez

Boondock Saint
05-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Get a grip pally. It's a game. One game

Yeah, it's one game. It's one of the 20 we've lost this season, most of any team in the majors. It's one of 4 times we've been shut out. It's one of 14 times we've scored 2 or less runs. It's one of 9 games we've lost to teams with a .500 or worse record. Those games were all one game, too.

WhiteSox5187
05-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Just a couple of thoughts. First, I don't think that Walker should be fired tonight. I think he should be fired at the end of the week. If this team is still playing like crap, Ozzie should go at the end of the month. Kenny should go at the end of the year. This team is looking more and more like a 90+ loss team.

soxnut1018
05-04-2011, 12:15 AM
Maybe this will have the inverse effect of the last two no-hitters we've thrown.

Gordon Shumway
05-04-2011, 12:24 AM
Yeah, it's one game. It's one of the 20 we've lost this season, most of any team in the majors. It's one of 4 times we've been shut out. It's one of 14 times we've scored 2 or less runs. It's one of 9 games we've lost to teams with a .500 or worse record. Those games were all one game, too.

Well no ****, it's one of many reasons to want to clean house. But it's still one game. I wanted to clean house before this game, as I assume you did. Flip the outcome and I still do. It's one meaningless game in a season that will go down as a seachange in the White Sox history where we hopefully get new management in the clubhouse and the skybox. At least the clubhouse.

slavko
05-04-2011, 12:34 AM
When everyone but Rios was hitting the snot out of the ball the first week of the season, who was the hitting coach?

JB98
05-04-2011, 12:48 AM
If they aren't going to fire anybody, they should at least shake up the lineup a little bit. Send Morel or Beckham down. Take your pick. I don't care which one. Bring up Viciedo. Put him in RF. Move Quentin to LF. Bench Pierre. Put Grandpa Omar in there in place of whichever young infielder you send down.

Do something, anything. Just don't feed me the same **** day after day and tell me everything is going to be OK.

JB98
05-04-2011, 12:53 AM
“Yeah, he was good,” Gordon Beckham said. “And he threw a lot of off-speed stuff. He kept us off-balance. It’s tough, but you got to tip your hat. We swung at some bad pitches. I know I swung at a couple bad ones. We didn’t help ourselves much, but he was very good.”

I think I've finally figured out what the Sox do all spring training. They practice giving credit to opposing pitchers.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
05-04-2011, 12:58 AM
Went to see "Fast Five" to try to get this cruddy no-hit taste out of my mouth.

Wouldn't you know it, seeing Vin Diesel drive fast cars for the 3rd time in 3 years was infinitely more entertaining than watching another session of "Corpse-Ball". I even REACTED to the movie at times! Something I haven't done to a Sox game since the second week of the season! Imagine that...entertainment that's actually entertaining?

The Sox need to grasp that, because their games are like watching a movie of a janitor scrubbing a floor, while people keep walking it in and messing it up on purpose. Instead of getting pissed and going on a psychotic rampage on these disrespectful blowhards, the janitor just tips his hat and says "pleasant day, guv'na" and continues scrubbing as the people keep spitting on the floor and tracking mud in...after a while, you realize that this is all the movie is going to consist of, and you walk out, disgusted.

Now, the world knows it...the Sox are a bad baseball team. Obviously the pep talk I had in the game thread just completely backfired in the most humiliating fashion possible. If national humiliation doesn't fire you up for tomorrow and make you want to hang 20 on these pricks, then...I got nothing else.

yazz32
05-04-2011, 12:59 AM
This team lost me in last Friday and Sats game! We are the laughing stock of MLB right now and this dead ass team could not give a **** they are either!!! Fire someone Send Bacon or Sale down!!! Do ****in something!!! Talent my ass! The time of excuses has expired and it time for action or heads to roll! The fans have passion for this team to suceed its time they show us they give a ****!!

Foulke You
05-04-2011, 01:05 AM
This nonsense was posted from a Twins fan on MLB Network's Facebook feed and made me laugh out loud:

"This was a Nolan Ryan-esque no-hitter....a lot of walks!!! So what!!!....a no no is a no-no!!! Ryan had 7 no-hitters, noticed how he never threw a perfect game?? Because Nolan would walk 7 or 8 batters in a game no problem!! He's also the career leader in walks as well as K's.....walks can also be strategic, it's not always a bad thing."

2 strikeouts for Liriano tonight! Nolan Ryan-esque indeed!!! :roflmao:

I needed a good laugh.

guillensdisciple
05-04-2011, 01:11 AM
http://www.mspmag.com/images/features/features/bestoftheburbs2006/asset_upload_file219_35589.jpg

"How the hell does my 9+ ERA pitcher no-hit the Sox. They must really suck!"

http://ihatethewhitesox.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/harrelson.jpg

"You know it's 'cuz you're the best in the biz Gardy. Let me buy you a beer and massage your feet."

I'm really pissed right now! Mainly because watching the end of the game made me start uncontrollably urinating on my television.

LOL!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH that was great comedy right there.

guillensdisciple
05-04-2011, 01:16 AM
As for this team.

I'm done. I have not watched a Sox game in full since the Oakland series, because I knew what was coming. Granted I was away for a bit and had to miss games because of that, but the text feeds told me what I already knew. When I came back, I just did not turn them on. Love them to death, but this year has been my final straw. I have seen this gutless baseball for 6 years now, and I have seen this story repeat itself, but I can't take watching and caring about this any longer.

My TV stays off until changes are made, and they can give me their yearly fluke run but I will never say another optimistic thing about this team until they make the playoffs. I have been the optimist for this sack of **** franchise for far too long, and now I realize that I have fallen into the trap created by 2005.

I am embarrassed, I am gassed, and I have nothing left. Sorry White Sox team and White Sox co. You kicked me out of the stadium earlier this year, and since then the Team has imploded. I am not a believer in Karma, but I have a sick sense of retribution so far, and I know I won't be coming back for a while. Not to see this **** product.

Sucks too, Basketball is coming to a close, and so is English soccer. This summer will be full of studying.

PS:

Bright spot is we're 1-1 in the last 2.

Foulke You
05-04-2011, 01:19 AM
Good article that sums up the underwhelming Liriano no hitter. It should be noted that the Sox are one of the worst offenses in the AL but they are also one of the most unlucky.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AiGmv3RtdUmzDzD1_LUQkOo5nYcB?slug=jp-liriano_twins_no-hitter_050311

Big Hurt so good
05-04-2011, 01:25 AM
Just to put this team into some perspective:

It's May 3, and they've already played themselves out of any chance of winning the wild card barring one of the greatest stretches of baseball over 131 games that the league has ever seen...

If we "assume" it will take 90 wins to win the AL Central, they have to go 79-52 the rest of the way... that's asking a team currently 9 games under to play 36 over the rest of the way...

adjust a few wins either way of the 90 for what the division will really end at and it's just mind blowing...

i really, really, really don't want to believe that we're about to witness over 100 games of meaningless baseball in 2011, but it's going to take nothing short of a total miracle to play postseason ball this year

Crooked Number
05-04-2011, 01:45 AM

It's May 3, and they've already played themselves out of any chance of winning the wild card barring one of the greatest stretches of baseball over 131 games that the league has ever seen...

If we "assume" it will take 90 wins to win the AL Central, they have to go 79-52 the rest of the way... that's asking a team currently 9 games under to play 36 over the rest of the way...

adjust a few wins either way of the 90 for what the division will really end at and it's just mind blowing...

i really, really, really don't want to believe that we're about to witness over 100 games of meaningless baseball in 2011, but it's going to take nothing short of a total miracle to play postseason ball this year

A realistic, non pessimistic view of the situation. It's also a sobering reality. I'm pretty sure the Sox already used their "once every 70 years" 25-5 stretch last season, and even that didn't get them in the playoffs.

"It's a huge **** sandwich, and we're all gonna have to take a bite"

daveeym
05-04-2011, 02:05 AM
Good article that sums up the underwhelming Liriano no hitter. It should be noted that the Sox are one of the worst offenses in the AL but they are also one of the most unlucky.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AiGmv3RtdUmzDzD1_LUQkOo5nYcB?slug=jp-liriano_twins_no-hitter_050311

Crap article that sums up Passan's usual bull****.

TDog
05-04-2011, 02:12 AM
I'm more disappointed with the loss than I am with the Sox being no-hit. It was a winnable game the way Jackson pitched. Liriano had trouble getting the ball over the plate. I thought the no-hit bid might have worked to the Sox advantage with Gardenhire leaving Liriano in the game too long, especially with no one warming up in the ninth when a hit could have led to a letdown.

I saw the last three innings on MLB TV. What Liriano did have going for him was a better change-up than I've seen from him in the past. Earlier this season he seemed to be telegraphing it and getting hit hard with it. Tonight he was changing speeds very effectively with a consistent motion and arm angle. His no-hitter wasn't Nolan Ryan-esque. It was Mark Buehrle-esque or Brad Radke-esque, although Radke never pitched a no-hitter.

Liriano got some help, having only to retire 24 hitters. The three double plays hurt the Sox. The last, with Beckham clearly beating the play at first, especially hurt. A ninth beginning with Pierre (baseball etiquette would have prevented him from bunting, but he ended up getting on for the third time in the ninth anyway) would have been tougher for Liriano to get through. I saw only one great defensive play. Quentin was robbed and didn't have the speed up the line to do anything about it. Maybe it was a good sign that Dunn in making the last out hit the ball harder than he has against a left-hander since coming to the American League, although, unfortunately it was right at the shortstop. If that gets through, Liriano has to suck it up and get out Konerko for the fourth time with the winning run on base.

But Liriano pitched a great game. You don't pitch a nine-inning no-hit shutout without pitching a great game.

Long before Liriano showed he had a no-hitter in him, when I saw Pierre walk in the first, I would have liked to have seen Ramirez put pressure on the defense by bunting. With first base open and a runner in scoring position against Dunn, there's probably a whole different pitching pattern. It might have changed the complexion of the game. Of course, in the first inning, you don't know that Jackson and the bullpen are only going to hold the Twins to a solo home run.

Taliesinrk
05-04-2011, 02:15 AM
“Yeah, he was good,” Gordon Beckham said. “And he threw a lot of off-speed stuff. He kept us off-balance. It’s tough, but you got to tip your hat. We swung at some bad pitches. I know I swung at a couple bad ones. We didn’t help ourselves much, but he was very good.”

I think I've finally figured out what the Sox do all spring training. They practice giving credit to opposing pitchers.

Honestly, I haven't been part of the flip-out crowd yet, but this quote pisses me off. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE WHITE SOX AND BLACKHAWKS (maybe a disappointing season, but definitely have some winners on that team) IS THIS: The Sox players "tip their caps". Hell, the organization (especially the players) would probably tip their cap to the beer guy, if they could get his attention. IN COMPARISON, go back and watch the post-game interview (if you can find it) given after the Hawks fell down 3 games to none against the best (regular season record wise) team in the entire conference, and arguably league - Canucks this season in the playoffs. I couldn't find the video, but this quote sticks out, "‘They didn’t earn that win, they didn’t earn those three [goals] — we gave it to them. We only have ourselves to blame and ourselves to be disappointed in...’’ Think you'd ever hear that from a current Sox player? Say what you want about the kind of person Carl Everett is, but that's the type of attitude he brought, that the Sox haven't had since. That's how winners think, and the type of mentality your captain should have.

BainesHOF
05-04-2011, 02:26 AM
How about making Cooper our hitting coach and Walker the pitching coach? Cooper knows about generating offense and Walker knows about shutting down hitters.

DSpivack
05-04-2011, 02:32 AM
Honestly, I haven't been part of the flip-out crowd yet, but this quote pisses me off. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE WHITE SOX AND BLACKHAWKS (maybe a disappointing season, but definitely have some winners on that team) IS THIS: The Sox players "tip their caps". Hell, the organization (especially the players) would probably tip their cap to the beer guy, if they could get his attention. IN COMPARISON, go back and watch the post-game interview (if you can find it) given after the Hawks fell down 3 games to none against the best (regular season record wise) team in the entire conference, and arguably league - Canucks this season in the playoffs. I couldn't find the video, but this quote sticks out, "‘They didn’t earn that win, they didn’t earn those three [goals] — we gave it to them. We only have ourselves to blame and ourselves to be disappointed in...’’ Think you'd ever hear that from a current Sox player? Say what you want about the kind of person Carl Everett is, but that's the type of attitude he brought, that the Sox haven't had since. That's how winners think, and the type of mentality your captain should have.

I get your point, but I wouldn't exactly cite this year's Blackhawks team for a lesson in sports psyche and motivation.

doublem23
05-04-2011, 04:22 AM
Ha, Ms. Doub was watching some crappy Disney movie last night, so I didn't even watch the game, didn't check any scores, and I had a head ache, so I lied down at like 8:30 and just passed out...

Opened up whitesox.com just now... Just shrugged. You're 2011 White Sox... So bad, they're fun.

doublem23
05-04-2011, 04:26 AM
When everyone but Rios was hitting the snot out of the ball the first week of the season, who was the hitting coach?

The same guy whose been the hitting coach while this team has been underwhelming offensively since mid-2006.

One nice week in a 5-year sea of ineptitude? KEEP THAT GUY!!!

wassagstdu
05-04-2011, 05:55 AM
It is KW who needs to go. I am surprised that the architect of this monstrosity mostly gets a pass here, but then so many of "us" agreed with him that he was building a juggernaut.

SOXSINCE'70
05-04-2011, 07:01 AM
So it's root,root, root for the Phillies.:gulp:

Glad I have an N.L. team to root for.The A.L. sucks this year
(at least so far).:(:

dwitt76
05-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Leave it to the white sox to make the twins feel good about themselves

VenturaFan23
05-04-2011, 07:23 AM
Where's that Billy Maze post a few weeks ago? We need to add Liriano as another success story!

soxfanreggie
05-04-2011, 07:49 AM
PS:
Bright spot is we're 1-1 in the last 2.

If you look at our pitching, it has been pretty good too besides Sale's tough outing out of the pen. Our starting pitching has looked good. Unfortunately the way this season is going, I see the starters swooning once the offense decides to come out and play.

ChiSoxGirl
05-04-2011, 07:55 AM
Holy ****ing hell. Ozzie just "tipped his hat" to Liriano.

This is like a bad nightmare.

Melton just "tipped his hat", as well.

First he needs to fire or demote any ******* who says their going to tip their cap.

:mg: :gah: :angry:

I'm really pissed right now! Mainly because watching the end of the game made me start uncontrollably urinating on my television.

That's too bad... you have a really nice TV!

:gah: :angry:

They also practice the art of tipping their cap.

I was absolutely seething when I went to bed last night and, understandably, had a hard time falling asleep. When I woke up, I was hoping it'd all just been a nightmare; not so much.

There really are no words for how much this team sucks. It's an embarrassment to be a Sox fan right now... so much so that I haven't worn a Sox shirt since the last game I attended (April 17). I've witnessed some bad some teams in my life - those of the mid-late '90s, 2001, 2007 - but I could never say I hated them. I hate the 2011 team.

Cangelosi CF
05-04-2011, 08:08 AM
It is KW who needs to go. I am surprised that the architect of this monstrosity mostly gets a pass here, but then so many of "us" agreed with him that he was building a juggernaut. the way he's decimated the farm system, I agree.

as I have been saying for years, FIRE GREG WALKER :angry:

Procol Harum
05-04-2011, 08:35 AM
How about making Cooper our hitting coach and Walker the pitching coach? Cooper knows about generating offense and Walker knows about shutting down hitters.

WhiffleBall
05-04-2011, 08:41 AM
xP1-oquwoL8

Funny article about Cage losing it at a restaurant in New Orleans:

http://www.gq.com/magazine/toc/201105/jim-nelson-may-2011 (http://www.gq.com/magazine/toc/201105/jim-nelson-may-2011)

g0g0
05-04-2011, 08:54 AM
The worst thing to see is a no-hitter from a 9+ ERA pitcher as the White Sox are better than this. Ozzie needs to light a fire under these guys ASAP or get out of town. I didn't think it was bad the first few weeks of the season to see this, but now it's starting to get out of control.

TheOldRoman
05-04-2011, 09:07 AM
It is KW who needs to go. I am surprised that the architect of this monstrosity mostly gets a pass here, but then so many of "us" agreed with him that he was building a juggernaut.Bull. First off, plenty of people are blaming Kenny and Ozzie. You must not be reading all the posts. Earlier someone claimed that Walker wasn't at fault for the offensive performance yet Ozzie needed to be fired for it. Kenny is responsible for (yet again) the entire offense going into a month long slump, even though every hitter accept AJ and Konerko has been replaced since 2005? Kenny is responsible for the hitters failing to adjust and failing to shorten up their swing? We have tried hitters of all varieties in our lineup, yet they all quickly enroll in Walker Univesity and are Walkerballing in no time. If Kenny were to be fired at the end of the season, so be it. He hasn't done well with the farm system and the Sox haven't dominated the division like they should have the last 5 years. Much of that is because of Kenny's failure to fire Walker and not his failures in acquiring talent. Again this year, Kenny put a good team on the field but gave them the same bad coaching. It would be like a football team running up a $200 million payroll in an uncapped year but hiring Dave Wannstedt to coach the team. It doesn't make sense.

Still, Kenny put a good team out there. People pissing their pants that this is "the worst White Sox team I have ever seen" are ridiculous. No, it isn't. This is just another White Sox team who forgets how to hit, goes into a massive slump, has no effective coaching to help them get out of the slump, and then pouts for a month. We have seen it every year since 2005, the only difference is this is a new low. But whether or not we get a run like last year's team, the Sox will still finish with a winning record and be in a position to blow it to the Twins again. As bad as the crap the Sox are putting on the field is, it takes someone who is either incredibly shortsighted or hasn't followed baseball that much to declare this is the worst team ever.

russ99
05-04-2011, 09:11 AM
This is how I feel. I'm officially on board for firing Ozzie. I'm sick and tired of defending him. Someone needs to take responsibility and it might as well be him. Once he's gone, move some players for anything. Kiss Danks goodbye, because the Sox already stand an outside shot at signing him anyways. They might as well get something for him now. Beckham needs to go to Charlotte, as does Morel. They looks lost at the plate. Call up the bums they have down there, like McPherson and let him play out the rest of the season. There is no optimism left.

I'm pretty close to that myself, but firing anyone, such as the underperforming hitting coach who's job has been in danger the last 4 years with the same results this time of the year and demoting a few players to send a message that nobody's job is secure may salvage things without firing the manager and dealing away all the players at their lowest value leaving us with a last-place crappy Royals-like (without prospects, like the Royals have) club, a Bevington-like mid-season managerial replacement and 4000 people in the stands for the next 3-4 years.

That's the thread I'm hanging on. What we have here is pretty awful, but the other option is far worse.

miker
05-04-2011, 09:17 AM
That's the thread I'm hanging on. What we have here is pretty awful, but the other option is far worse.

I have to agree with that.

Maybe I should swap my depression over this team's lackluster performance with some extreme sarcasm.

MarySwiss
05-04-2011, 09:34 AM
No-hit by the team I hate more than any other. Great. :angry:

A couple of weeks ago, I was about to drop some large dollars on tickets to the Sox/D'Backs series out here in June. Now? I wouldn't walk across the street to watch this team play if THEY paid ME!

Nice to know the season's over after one month. Don't stop now, boyz. :angry::angry:

daveeym
05-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Bull. First off, plenty of people are blaming Kenny and Ozzie. You must not be reading all the posts. Earlier someone claimed that Walker wasn't at fault for the offensive performance yet Ozzie needed to be fired for it. Kenny is responsible for (yet again) the entire offense going into a month long slump, even though every hitter accept AJ and Konerko has been replaced since 2005? Kenny is responsible for the hitters failing to adjust and failing to shorten up their swing? We have tried hitters of all varieties in our lineup, yet they all quickly enroll in Walker Univesity and are Walkerballing in no time. If Kenny were to be fired at the end of the season, so be it. He hasn't done well with the farm system and the Sox haven't dominated the division like they should have the last 5 years. Much of that is because of Kenny's failure to fire Walker and not his failures in acquiring talent. Again this year, Kenny put a good team on the field but gave them the same bad coaching. It would be like a football team running up a $200 million payroll in an uncapped year but hiring Dave Wannstedt to coach the team. It doesn't make sense.

Still, Kenny put a good team out there. People pissing their pants that this is "the worst White Sox team I have ever seen" are ridiculous. No, it isn't. This is just another White Sox team who forgets how to hit, goes into a massive slump, has no effective coaching to help them get out of the slump, and then pouts for a month. We have seen it every year since 2005, the only difference is this is a new low. But whether or not we get a run like last year's team, the Sox will still finish with a winning record and be in a position to blow it to the Twins again. As bad as the crap the Sox are putting on the field is, it takes someone who is either incredibly shortsighted or hasn't followed baseball that much to declare this is the worst team ever.I want Walker fired and all but Ozzie is the cancer. There's no doubt in my mind. His personality rubs against the konerko and buerhles and basically everyone else. I said it about 2 weeks ago and I stand by it. If ozzie is fired by the 15th we win this division. No player respects that guy and the young guys are scared of him.

kittle42
05-04-2011, 09:38 AM

Gold.

The Immigrant
05-04-2011, 10:31 AM
I want Walker fired and all but Ozzie is the cancer. There's no doubt in my mind. His personality rubs against the konerko and buerhles and basically everyone else. I said it about 2 weeks ago and I stand by it. If ozzie is fired by the 15th we win this division. No player respects that guy and the young guys are scared of him.

I don't know about winning the division, but I agree with everything else you said. It became obvious to me after Ozzie's ridiculous little rant following the day game against Oakland, which is when the tailspin started. It was like someone let the air out of the balloon. That doesn't absolve the players by any means, but if there's any hope of righting this ship Ozzie needs to go. Like, right now. If anyone from the front office is reading this, you won't get another ****ing cent from me until some changes are made. My season tickets are a sunk cost but that doesn't mean I actually have to show up to watch this garbage.

DSpivack
05-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Bull. First off, plenty of people are blaming Kenny and Ozzie. You must not be reading all the posts. Earlier someone claimed that Walker wasn't at fault for the offensive performance yet Ozzie needed to be fired for it. Kenny is responsible for (yet again) the entire offense going into a month long slump, even though every hitter accept AJ and Konerko has been replaced since 2005? Kenny is responsible for the hitters failing to adjust and failing to shorten up their swing? We have tried hitters of all varieties in our lineup, yet they all quickly enroll in Walker Univesity and are Walkerballing in no time. If Kenny were to be fired at the end of the season, so be it. He hasn't done well with the farm system and the Sox haven't dominated the division like they should have the last 5 years. Much of that is because of Kenny's failure to fire Walker and not his failures in acquiring talent. Again this year, Kenny put a good team on the field but gave them the same bad coaching. It would be like a football team running up a $200 million payroll in an uncapped year but hiring Dave Wannstedt to coach the team. It doesn't make sense.

Still, Kenny put a good team out there. People pissing their pants that this is "the worst White Sox team I have ever seen" are ridiculous. No, it isn't. This is just another White Sox team who forgets how to hit, goes into a massive slump, has no effective coaching to help them get out of the slump, and then pouts for a month. We have seen it every year since 2005, the only difference is this is a new low. But whether or not we get a run like last year's team, the Sox will still finish with a winning record and be in a position to blow it to the Twins again. As bad as the crap the Sox are putting on the field is, it takes someone who is either incredibly shortsighted or hasn't followed baseball that much to declare this is the worst team ever.

I was born in 1984, I've been following the Sox since I was little. Yes, so far this is the worst Sox team I've ever seen. Even the bad teams of the late 90s weren't really all that bad, just mediocre; I have seen the White Sox finish 10+ games under .500 just twice, in 1999 and in 2007. This team looks worse than those two.

JoeyCora28
05-04-2011, 10:49 AM

Thank you for posting this. I was just thinking about these exact numbers.

Just a couple of corrections:

79-52 the rest of the way... that's asking a team currently 9 games under to play 36 over the rest of the way...

They "only" need to play 27 over .500 the rest of the way to get to 90 wins.

It's actually going to be 130 games of meaningless baseball in 2011.

This season is OVAAAH!

daveeym
05-04-2011, 10:51 AM
I don't know about winning the division, but I agree with everything else you said. It became obvious to me after Ozzie's ridiculous little rant following the day game against Oakland, which is when the tailspin started. It was like someone let the air out of the balloon. That doesn't absolve the players by any means, but if there's any hope of righting this ship Ozzie needs to go. Like, right now. If anyone from the front office is reading this, you won't get another ****ing cent from me until some changes are made. My season tickets are a sunk cost but that doesn't mean I actually have to show up to watch this garbage.

I mean it's gotten worse since I first said it, unbelievably worse, but this it the type of team that makes a new managers career. Honestly I think they can throw anyone out there but ozzie and this team will make a run.

hi im skot
05-04-2011, 10:55 AM
I want Walker fired and all but Ozzie is the cancer. There's no doubt in my mind. His personality rubs against the konerko and buerhles and basically everyone else. I said it about 2 weeks ago and I stand by it. If ozzie is fired by the 15th we win this division. No player respects that guy and the young guys are scared of him.

Do you really think that Konerko would have re-signed this past winter if he had any real issues with Ozzie?

I ask this honestly, and not as an Ozzie apologist or anything.

daveeym
05-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Do you really think that Konerko would have re-signed this past winter if he had any real issues with Ozzie?

I ask this honestly, and not as an Ozzie apologist or anything.

Yes, he's the ultimate team player and loyalty guy. He can rationalize and cliche his way through anything. Also, he's no dummy, knowing Reinsy's loyalty he's lining up post playing days options. I wouldn't be surprised to see him replace Hawk.

Marqhead
05-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Yes, he's the ultimate team player and loyalty guy. He can rationalize and cliche his way through anything. Also, he's no dummy, knowing Reinsy's loyalty he's lining up post playing days options. I wouldn't be surprised to see him replace Hawk.

What about Konerko's personality and quiet demeanor makes you think he'll want to be a broadcaster?

Nellie_Fox
05-04-2011, 11:19 AM
What about Konerko's personality and quiet demeanor makes you think he'll want to be a broadcaster?Or would be remotely any good at it? An entire audience sound asleep.

05-04-2011, 11:23 AM
How badly does Liriano suck? He walked Juan Pierre 3 times.

Gonna have to put an asterisk by this one

daveeym
05-04-2011, 11:23 AM
What about Konerko's personality and quiet demeanor makes you think he'll want to be a broadcaster?

Really? From the team that Darrin Jackson has been broadcasting for nearly or over a decade for? Konerko has charisma up the wazoo compared to DJ. I actually like his demeanor and tone in general. Granted he's all cliche and vanilla as a player but I think he'd make a great broadcaster. Pair him up with Stone and it's gold Jerry, gold.

kittle42
05-04-2011, 11:26 AM

The same thing that makes people think the gruff demeanor of Fisk and Thomas would make them good coaches.

The Immigrant
05-04-2011, 11:29 AM

I think Konerko had $36,000,000 reasons to look past any issues he has with Ozzie. I don't recall anyone else offering him that kind of cabbage.

For what it's worth, I don't think Konerko has any issues with Ozzie. He strikes me as the type that would perform the same way regardless of who's managing the club.

daveeym
05-04-2011, 11:31 AM
I think Konerko had $36,000,000 reasons to look past any issues he has with Ozzie. I don't recall anyone else offering him that kind of cabbage.

For what it's worth, I don't think Konerko has any issues with Ozzie. He strikes me as the type that would perform the same way regardless of who's managing the club.

I actually agree with this. Still think he tunes Oz out, but yeah Konerko's a true 9 to 5'er. He just goes about his business.

southside rocks
05-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Or would be remotely any good at it? An entire audience sound asleep.

I would have appreciated that during last night's game.

rcescato
05-04-2011, 12:08 PM
one word for this season DEPRESSING. I am never gonna get excited about another season again. We are like the indians in the movie Major League. They are still ****ty

SoxSpeed22
05-04-2011, 12:13 PM
I think Konerko would do well as a pregame/ postgame guy in the studio ala Bill Melton. They are pretty similar guys.

JB98
05-04-2011, 12:25 PM
I actually agree with this. Still think he tunes Oz out, but yeah Konerko's a true 9 to 5'er. He just goes about his business.

Agreed. Paul is the one guy on this club who is going to be the same way every day. I don't think he cares who the manager or the hitting coach are. He knows what he has to do.

He's second in the league in RBIs and what few games we've won lately have been the result of his hits.

He's been around here so long that he's immune to all the bull**** that is flying around. There are some other guys on this club, however, who can't relax and play ball because of the atmosphere that has been created by this organization.

It's time for a change.

russ99
05-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Agreed. Paul is the one guy on this club who is going to be the same way every day. I don't think he cares who the manager or the hitting coach are. He knows what he has to do.

He's second in the league in RBIs and what few games we've won lately have been the result of his hits.

He's been around here so long that he's immune to all the bull**** that is flying around. There are some other guys on this club, however, who can't relax and play ball because of the atmosphere that has been created by this organization.

It's time for a change.

Letting the players "relax" and doing the same lackadasical and careless things the players are doing in this streak is the worst thing we could do right now. Do the players look like they're tense and shaken up by the coaching staff? Sure doesn't look that way to me.

Ozzie's not the real problem here, it's the cushyness of the clubhouse and no fight among any of the players. The only guy who could change that IMO is Peavy, that guy really hates to lose and would light up his teammates.

soltrain21
05-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Letting the players "relax" and doing the same lackadasical and careless things the players are doing in this streak is the worst thing we could do right now. Do the players look like they're tense and shaken up by the coaching staff? Sure doesn't look that way to me.

Ozzie's not the real problem here, it's the cushyness of the clubhouse and no fight among any of the players. The only guy who could change that IMO is Peavy, that guy really hates to lose and would light up his teammates.

Shouldn't Ozzie be setting the clubhouse tone? So if it's too cushy than...it's his fault.

Lip Man 1
05-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Russ:

I recall a direct quote from Ozzie (perhaps someone can find it) where he was asked about clubhouse leaders and said something along the lines of, "I'm the clubhouse leader..." Which leads me to think the reason the Sox don't have any vocal leaders anymore in that locker room since guys like Everett, Rowand, Hernandez, Cabrera played is by design.

Lip

JB98
05-04-2011, 01:13 PM

Yes. They go into full panic mode and collapse at the first sign of adversity. Then, they dig themselves a deeper and deeper hole. That's the environment this organization has created. It's disgusting.

Nellie_Fox
05-04-2011, 01:26 PM
...it's the cushyness of the clubhouse and no fight among any of the players.Spend a lot of time in the Sox clubhouse do ya?

fox23
05-04-2011, 01:27 PM

Except that he'd probably break his hand punching something or tear a muscle in his chest yelling.

slavko
05-04-2011, 01:33 PM

Could Ozzie have been trying to light a fire last week when he got himself kicked out and suspended? That does count, right?

SI1020
05-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Spend a lot of time in the Sox clubhouse do ya? I don't know anything about the clubhouse but at the plate, in the dugout and on the field they look and act lifeless, the embodiment of corpseball.

Big Hurt so good
05-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Russ:

I recall a direct quote from Ozzie (perhaps someone can find it) where he was asked about clubhouse leaders and said something along the lines of, "I'm the clubhouse leader..." Which leads me to think the reason the Sox don't have any vocal leaders anymore in that locker room since guys like Everett, Rowand, Hernandez, Cabrera played is by design.

Lip

Come on Lip, that's some pretty heavy conspiracy theory stuff... Everett and Hernandez were old and hurt in 2005 and there was no reason for bringing them back even if they were the greatest clubhouse guys ever... back then you couldn't have seen the clubhouse going to crap if they weren't in it...

Rowand was part of a trade any GM would make if he could convince the opposing one to make it... and we know from published stories that nobody (manager or players) wanted Cabrera around anymore... and that isn't only true for the white sox, it's true for every team the guy has been on since 2004 basically... 1-year shelf life everywhere except for Anaheim

Marqhead
05-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Sung to the tune of: "Talkin' Softball"

Well Mr. Liriano had done it,
The Minnesota Twins had won it,
With the White Sox bats sucking all the while,
Adam Dunn's attempts at offense made us smile,
While Sox fans lay unconscious on the barroom tile...

We're talkin' corpesball...
At 35th and Shields.
Talkin' corpseball...
Pierre and Carlos Quentin.
Beckham's grotesquely broken swing.
Rios, who couldn't hit a thing
Why can't we fire... Ozzie and the Walk?

We're talkin' corpseball...
It's happenin' at the Cell
Talkin' corpseball...
Castro and Morel.
Lillibridge came in to pinch run in the 8th.
But of course AJ grounded into a double play

Soxman219
05-04-2011, 03:40 PM
this team sucks

Lip Man 1
05-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Big Hurt:

No conspiracy needed it could be a subconscious thing. All I know is that I and others have been saying for years this team needs vocal, aggressive leaders in the clubhouse.

Ozzie made his comment, I don't know if the two are connected. Not saying they are, just that it's possible Ozzie wants the clubhouse a certain way and has communicated that to Kenny.

Lip

MtGrnwdSoxFan
05-04-2011, 04:40 PM

At 35th and Shields.
Talkin' corpseball...

Talkin' corpseball...
Castro and Morel.

Love it.

thomas35forever
05-04-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm surprised no one's brought up how Morneau admitted he missed the tag in the eighth inning last night. Or has anyone brought it up?

Marqhead
05-04-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm surprised no one's brought up how Morneau admitted he missed the tag in the eighth inning last night. Or has anyone brought it up?

It's not that big of a deal because it wouldn't have been a hit. Yes it would have made Liriano throw more pitches but the ultimate result would have been a no-hitter with more stranded runners.

Dub25
05-04-2011, 11:04 PM
one word for this season DEPRESSING. I am never gonna get excited about another season again. We are like the indians in the movie Major League. They are still ****ty

Ha, awesome, we were talking about the Sox this morning and those guys from that movie came to mind.

VenturaFan23
05-05-2011, 07:39 AM

At 35th and Shields.
Talkin' corpseball...

Talkin' corpseball...
Castro and Morel.

Awesome. Too bad we don't the video highlights of each verse to go along with it but it's not that hard to picture it.

soxinem1
05-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Revive their season? The way Buerhle's did wonders for the Sox in '09?

Or the no-no in 2007....

UPDATED 2011 SLOGAN:

ALL IN(COMPETENT)

SI1020
05-05-2011, 05:55 PM

At 35th and Shields.
Talkin' corpseball...

Talkin' corpseball...
Castro and Morel.
Why can't we fire... Ozzie and the Walk? Just noticed this one. The hits just keep on coming. I'd say I tip my cap to you, but I don't know how you'd take that. :D: