PDA

View Full Version : New White Sox store officially announced

salty99
05-02-2011, 03:29 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20110502&content_id=18530710&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

doublem23
05-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Nice, I was thinking what we need to add next to the incredibly overpriced bar/grill was some incredibly overpriced team apparel.

Marqhead
05-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Until the prices come down, the only apparel from the Sox that I'll buy is nacho helmets.

kittle42
05-02-2011, 03:45 PM
If a clothing rack falls in a store that no one ever goes to, does it make a sound?

thomas35forever
05-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Can't wait to check it out.

tstrike2000
05-02-2011, 03:51 PM
I was always wondering where I could pay $300 for a replica jersey.

ewokpelts
05-02-2011, 03:51 PM
the ball mall

ewokpelts
05-02-2011, 03:52 PM
I was always wondering where I could pay $300 for a replica jersey.
it'll be the same prices as inside.

soxlady8
05-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Grandstand has to LOVE this idea :(

I like Grandstand ...
I don't see myself going to that store as I would rather go to Grandstand.

Red Barchetta
05-02-2011, 03:57 PM
New restaurant? New team store? Not a good time to be one of the worst baseball teams in the league...

kittle42
05-02-2011, 04:00 PM
New restaurant? New team store? Not a good time to be one of the worst baseball teams in the league...

To be fair, being in the restaurant or store prevents you from having to be exposed to the actual game. So that's a plus.

BeeBeeRichard
05-02-2011, 04:10 PM
"Excuse me, I'd like to return this $300 Adam Dunn jersey that I picked up here. Since I put it on, it's made me sick -- I was hospitalized, actually. It also leaves me feeling lethargic. At least that's what other people tell me."

MeteorsSox4367
05-02-2011, 04:15 PM
And I'm sure they won't have much for the big and tall Sox fans.

"Um, yeah. We have this Beckham shirt in a medium?"

ewokpelts
05-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Grandstand has to LOVE this idea :(

I like Grandstand ...
I don't see myself going to that store as I would rather go to Grandstand.there's 15 cubs stores within ablock of wrigley field. yet i always see people buying cubs crap inside wrigley. at a higher markup. this isnt new.

the sox gift shop always has sales during games, and grandstand is still just down the street.

QueerGirrl
05-02-2011, 04:33 PM
If a clothing rack falls in a store that no one ever goes to, does it make a sound?

:rolling:

chisoxfanatic
05-02-2011, 04:43 PM
It says it will have other Chicago sports apparel, as well as college attire. I doubt it will do poorly in sales.

The photo rendering looks great...Sounds like the gift shop at Busch Stadium.

soltrain21
05-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Nice, I was thinking what we need to add next to the incredibly overpriced bar/grill was some incredibly overpriced team apparel.

I thought the food was priced alright at Bacardi at the Park when I was there on Saturday. My dad got the Gibson's burger and I had the pulled pork.

Chez
05-02-2011, 04:52 PM
I thought the food was priced alright at Bacardi at the Park when I was there on Saturday. My dad got the Gibson's burger and I had the pulled pork.

Sox are 10 games out. Everyone is mad about everything -- including what appears to be a very nice addition to the ballpark. Sheesh.

Red Barchetta
05-02-2011, 07:23 PM
"Excuse me, I'd like to return this $300 Adam Dunn jersey that I picked up here. Since I put it on, it's made me sick -- I was hospitalized, actually. It also leaves me feeling lethargic. At least that's what other people tell me."

..."and for some reason whenever I wear it, I look at perfectly good fast balls down the middle of the plate and tend to swing and miss at hard breaking curve balls!"

Hitmen77
05-02-2011, 07:42 PM

I bet they'll be selling "All In!" t-shirts at clearance prices.

Brian26
05-02-2011, 07:52 PM
I was hoping the Sox might, sooner rather than later, move in a different direction with food concessions, getting away from Sportservice...maybe getting Levy involved on all levels or do something out of the box with Portillo's.

I didn't realize Sportservice is involved with the retail concessions in the park also, and now they're entrenched across the street with this building. So, it looks like they're here to stay.

chisoxfanatic
05-02-2011, 08:13 PM
I was hoping the Sox might, sooner rather than later, move in a different direction with food concessions, getting away from Sportservice...maybe getting Levy involved on all levels or do something out of the box with Portillo's.

I didn't realize Sportservice is involved with the retail concessions in the park also, and now they're entrenched across the street with this building. So, it looks like they're here to stay.
Since Chicago is known to be a very ethnically-diverse city with great ethnic food, it would be great if the Sox drew from that and had different stands from different neighborhoods of the city...Have a Greek stand and maybe call it "Greektown." Have some Polish food and perhaps call it "Love From Archer Heights." An Italian food stand could be called "Taylor Street Sox." And so on...And make each stand visually look like it's from that neighborhood.

Red Barchetta
05-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Since Chicago is known to be a very ethnically-diverse city with great ethnic food, it would be great if the Sox drew from that and had different stands from different neighborhoods of the city...Have a Greek stand and maybe call it "Greektown." Have some Polish food and perhaps call it "Love From Archer Heights." An Italian food stand could be called "Taylor Street Sox." And so on...And make each stand visually look like it's from that neighborhood.

I agree. Chicago has such great ethnic foods and restaurants. It's a shame that the ballpark food has to be so generic. I would love to see a "Taste of Chicago" type environment.

I understand mass produced food is more challenging than individual dining, however come on, they can do better!

Viva Medias B's
05-02-2011, 08:18 PM
I'll continue to patornize Grandstand. If something is $30 at Grandstand, I bet it would be $38 at this new Sox store. Better pricepoints is why Grandstand is so successful now. Remember when the Sox had official stores at Oakbrook Center and Orland Square? Both of them went out of buisness because they both used the ballpark's pricepoints on merchandise, IIRC.

chisoxfanatic
05-02-2011, 08:24 PM
I agree. Chicago has such great ethnic foods and restaurants. It's a shame that the ballpark food has to be so generic. I would love to see a "Taste of Chicago" type environment.

I understand mass produced food is more challenging than individual dining, however come on, they can do better!
If the Sox could partner up with restaurants from neighborhoods around the city, it would be a win-win situation. The Sox could let the restaurants run their stand. The restaurants could get a profit from their sales. The Sox could get sponsorship money from the restaurants.

LongLiveFisk
05-02-2011, 08:42 PM

Precisely why I am not overly excited. I am sure the store itself will be nice but you already know the prices won't.

soxlady8
05-02-2011, 09:44 PM

that would be an awesome awesome idea ChiSoxF

grv1974
05-02-2011, 09:44 PM
It says it will have other Chicago sports apparel, as well as college attire. I doubt it will do poorly in sales.

The photo rendering looks great...Sounds like the gift shop at Busch Stadium.

What photo rendering?

doublem23
05-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Sox are 10 games out. Everyone is mad about everything -- including what appears to be a very nice addition to the ballpark. Sheesh.

I didn't say it wasn't nice, it really is, it's just kind of expensive. Food was OK priced, but booze was really up there.

chisoxfanatic
05-02-2011, 10:16 PM
What photo rendering?
I assumed it was the same link as provided on Facebook...I guess it wasn't. They provided a nice photo on Facebook.

SoxFan1979
05-03-2011, 12:42 AM
to be fair, being in the restaurant or store prevents you from having to be exposed to the actual game. So that's a plus.

lmao!!!!

ewokpelts
05-03-2011, 02:50 AM

I didn't realize Sportservice is involved with the retail concessions in the park also, and now they're entrenched across the street with this building. So, it looks like they're here to stay.sportservice has been with the sox for 50 plus years. i doubt they're leaving unless levy made an offer jerry couldnt refuse

ewokpelts
05-03-2011, 02:51 AM

If the Sox could partner up with restaurants from neighborhoods around the city, it would be a win-win situation. The Sox could let the restaurants run their stand. The restaurants could get a profit from their sales. The Sox could get sponsorship money from the restaurants.they are doing more of that now. moreso in teh levy controlled areas, but still...

ewokpelts
05-03-2011, 02:52 AM
I'll continue to patornize Grandstand. If something is $30 at Grandstand, I bet it would be $38 at this new Sox store. Better pricepoints is why Grandstand is so successful now. Remember when the Sox had official stores at Oakbrook Center and Orland Square? Both of them went out of buisness because they both used the ballpark's pricepoints on merchandise, IIRC.grandstand is basically retail price. there ar enot that many steals and deals there.

i use the sox gift shops and grandstand to do market research. i typically buy my items online.

ewokpelts
05-03-2011, 02:53 AM
I didn't say it wasn't nice, it really is, it's just kind of expensive. Food was OK priced, but booze was really up there.they also served a much better variety than in the bullpen bar or traditional concession stands.

macallen 25 year old is not a cheap scotch at any bar.

dickallen15
05-03-2011, 05:39 AM
I'll continue to patornize Grandstand. If something is $30 at Grandstand, I bet it would be $38 at this new Sox store. Better pricepoints is why Grandstand is so successful now. Remember when the Sox had official stores at Oakbrook Center and Orland Square? Both of them went out of buisness because they both used the ballpark's pricepoints on merchandise, IIRC.

If something is $30 at Grandstand, its probably $20 somewhere online with free shipping. Grandstand, while not ballpark prices, is a cuff.

ewokpelts
05-03-2011, 06:26 AM
If something is $30 at Grandstand, its probably $20 somewhere online with free shipping. Grandstand, while not ballpark prices, is a cuff.

www.mlb.com/shop (http://www.mlb.com/shop) is your friend.

doublem23
05-03-2011, 08:11 AM

Yeah but I hate ordering stuff online, so I'm cool with Grandstand.

beasly213
05-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Most of if not all of the time prices at the Sox shop include tax so sometimes it ends up being the same price is grandstand. Usually if grandstand has say a hat for $28 plus tax the Sox will have it for $30 with tax so it ends up being about the same.

ewokpelts
05-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Yeah but I hate ordering stuff online, so I'm cool with Grandstand.
i try the stuff on at teh sox store or grandstand, then order online.