PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Futures Game

Chisox_cali
07-07-2002, 05:12 PM
Is on right now is case you didn't know.

LTP has already had 1 AB and Stuck Out, Almonte hasn't pitched in the game yet.

Jerry_Manuel
07-07-2002, 05:16 PM
Did he look lost up there? Or what?

Chisox_cali
07-07-2002, 05:30 PM
Man he just gunned down a runner trying to go from first to third, that was sweet. :smile:

jklm
07-07-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Did he look lost up there? Or what?

He still cannot make enough contact. He may not be ready next season but KW and his guys are going to bring him up...

Jerry_Manuel
07-07-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Man he just gunned down a runner trying to go from first to third, that was sweet. :smile:

That was sweet, now watch the Sox stick him in left.

Originally posted by jklm
He still cannot make enough contact. He may not be ready next season but KW and his guys are going to bring him up...

Only time will tell. He has 1/2 a season of minor league ball and who knows about next year. If the owners don't back down this could last into next season.

Jerry_Manuel
07-07-2002, 05:35 PM
I just wanted to say that this game is the best thing baseball has come up with in a long time.

jklm
07-07-2002, 05:46 PM

Only time will tell. He has 1/2 a season of minor league ball and who knows about next year. If the owners don't back down this could last into next season.

Yep, he is the no. 4 prospect in minor league in BA's revised ranking.

http://www.baseballamerica.com:81/today/columnists/askba.html

I considered all players who haven't exceeded the rookie limits of 130 at-bats and 50 innings and aren't on active big league rosters right now. I didn't look at unsigned picks from the 2002 draft.

1. Hank Blalock, 3b, Rangers
Back on track in Triple-A, should get another look soon

2. Mark Teixeira, 3b, Rangers
Two best prospects play same position in same organization

3. Joe Mauer, c, Twins
Showing advanced hitting ability, power will come

4. Joe Borchard, of, White Sox
Only a broken foot has been able to slow him down

5. Brandon Phillips, ss, Indians
Cleveland couldn't have gotten better prospects for Bartolo Colon

Spiff
07-07-2002, 05:52 PM
I just wanted to say that this game is the best thing baseball has come up with in a long time.

I agree, one of the only things they've done right.

Better than the old farts running around and quitting after two innings.

Jerry_Manuel
07-07-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Spiff
I agree, one of the only things they've done right.

Or the celeb softball or whatever the hell that crap was.

Joe 0-for-2 with 2K'S.

jklm
07-07-2002, 05:58 PM
:KW on TV

Spiff
07-07-2002, 06:08 PM

Or the celeb softball or whatever the hell that crap was.

No that comes tomorrow I think.

DrCrawdad
07-07-2002, 06:25 PM
What about She Slop Choi, what's he done?

Chisox_cali
07-07-2002, 06:28 PM
Jeez, Almonte faced 2 batters and got one out, that sucks, everyone else got an inning of work. I guess they didn't want and Almonte vs. Borchard match-up.

Jerry_Manuel
07-07-2002, 06:58 PM
Ouch. 3 trips to the plate, 3 K'S.

Did make a hell of a throw from right though.

I'd like to hear what our minor league experts thought about his play today.

Randar68
07-07-2002, 07:46 PM
Ouch. 3 trips to the plate, 3 K'S.

Did make a hell of a throw from right though.

I'd like to hear what our minor league experts thought about his play today.

He's been in a slump for the past 3 weeks and it showed. He was swinging at everything and looked pretty overmatched against Beltran in his 3rd(I think) AB. Not a big deal, IMO, something he will have to work himself out of. A lot of times the coaches are working with these guys on certain swing dynamics and they go through slumps like this from time-to-time while adjusting.

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2002, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
He's been in a slump for the past 3 weeks and it showed. He was swinging at everything and looked pretty overmatched against Beltran in his 3rd(I think) AB. Not a big deal, IMO, something he will have to work himself out of. A lot of times the coaches are working with these guys on certain swing dynamics and they go through slumps like this from time-to-time while adjusting.

I feel better knowing that.

Yeah, that last ab wasn't pretty. He swings at two high fastballs, lays off the third one, then was caught looking.

harwar
07-08-2002, 09:01 AM
Harold Reynolds form baseball tonight interviewed kew williams during the game and williams said he was just out there looking for talent to make the big league club better.Seems to me,he would have been better at a scouting job because at least then someone could veto his stupid ideas.I think Borchard will be something special tho.Looked to me that he was trying to impress to hard.I hope hes' the starting CF next spring.(i mean if we even have baseball next spring)

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by harwar
Seems to me,he would have been better at a scouting job because at least then someone could veto his stupid ideas.

He had a scouting job before being named GM. I think he was director of player personal, but I might be mistaken on his title.

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by harwar
Harold Reynolds form baseball tonight interviewed kew williams during the game and williams said he was just out there looking for talent to make the big league club better.Seems to me,he would have been better at a scouting job because at least then someone could veto his stupid ideas.I think Borchard will be something special tho.Looked to me that he was trying to impress to hard.I hope hes' the starting CF next spring.(i mean if we even have baseball next spring) he is always saying that............. and to tell you the truth, what gm wouldn't say that?