PDA

View Full Version : Only players you're not mad at?

Big Hurt so good
04-30-2011, 10:40 PM
We're spending lots of time blaming coaches, the manager, the GM, etc. but we all know it really boils down to the players being bad...

Who are the only guys on this team that get a pass?

I've got 4: Sergio Santos, Brent Lillibridge, Paul Konerko, Phil Humber... and the fact that Lilli and Humber are on this list speaks volumes

thomas35forever
04-30-2011, 11:14 PM
TCQ has done fine too.

TDog
05-01-2011, 12:05 AM
I am not at all mad at the manager or coaches. I think they only take heat because fans have more emotional attachment to players.

I am disappointed in the play of a few players, not Dunn so much because I didn't expect that much from him in April. I'm happy with Quentin and Konerko. Teahen has played pretty well although he plays irregularly. Ramirez is doing better than i expected because he generally doesn't hit much in April. He doesn't stand out as getting off to a good start because the team hasn't played well. I've been happy with Lillibridge off the bench.

Santos has done well out of the bullpen. Ohman has been OK since the first weekend in Cleveland. Humber has been the most consistent starting pitcher, but there doesn't seem to be a starter that has been consistently bad, but none have been as consistently strong as Humber, which is part of the problem.

SoxSpeed22
05-01-2011, 12:08 AM
I think I'll add Floyd to that list. He came into camp in much better shape and hasn't had the usual bad stuff in April.

GoGoCrede
05-01-2011, 12:09 AM
I can't imagine myself ever getting angry with Gavin.

konerko 14
05-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Santos, Humber, Lillibridge, Konerko, and Quentin

harwar
05-01-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm not as much angry at Floyd as i am disappointed .. i really did think that he was going to be a consistent 18 game winner .. there is no one that i'm actually mad at .. it's just seems that everything that could go wrong has, with the entire club .. if they weren't working hard to get through this, i would be furious .. i feel sorry for these guys who are trying as hard as they can, only to fail over and over .. when i look at Matt Thornton's face i just feel sad ..

kufram
05-01-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm not as much angry at Floyd as i am disappointed .. i really did think that he was going to be a consistent 18 game winner .. there is no one that i'm actually mad at .. it's just seems that everything that could go wrong has, with the entire club .. if they weren't working hard to get through this, i would be furious .. i feel sorry for these guys who are trying as hard as they can, only to fail over and over .. when i look at Matt Thornton's face i just feel sad ..

I'll echo this. Mad is not the right word. I can't be mad because I don't know what is going on outside of gametime. If I found out the players weren't practicing or preparing that might be a cause for some anger. I'm disappointed but that is because I feel better when the White Sox win. But I've only been disappointed for 2 weeks (I don't carry previous seasons around with me) so I have hope to be less disappointed soon.

The look on the faces do say it all... no one is enjoying this, players especially.

SI1020
05-01-2011, 01:27 PM
I am not at all mad at the manager or coaches. I think they only take heat because fans have more emotional attachment to players.

I am disappointed in the play of a few players, not Dunn so much because I didn't expect that much from him in April. I'm happy with Quentin and Konerko. Teahen has played pretty well although he plays irregularly. Ramirez is doing better than i expected because he generally doesn't hit much in April. He doesn't stand out as getting off to a good start because the team hasn't played well. I've been happy with Lillibridge off the bench.

Santos has done well out of the bullpen. Ohman has been OK since the first weekend in Cleveland. Humber has been the most consistent starting pitcher, but there doesn't seem to be a starter that has been consistently bad, but none have been as consistently strong as Humber, which is part of the problem. When Phil Humber is the ace of your staff then not much else needs to be said.

MetroPD
05-02-2011, 05:47 AM
I say Rios, per his current numbers he is most likley vying for the future General Manager position. I can't get mad at a guy who shows such devotion to the club.

Dan H
05-02-2011, 09:05 AM

I feel the same way about Thornton. When I saw him walk off the mound after blowing up against Baltimore to a round of boos, I felt for the guy. He wasn't even hit hard that inning, but everything conspired against him. Of course, he didn't help much when he didn't keep an eye on a runner on first, that runner easily stole second, and scored on that insane dropped third strike. His head just isn't there and the Sox are in danger of losing him for good.

asindc
05-02-2011, 02:42 PM
I'll echo this. Mad is not the right word. I can't be mad because I don't know what is going on outside of gametime. If I found out the players weren't practicing or preparing that might be a cause for some anger. I'm disappointed but that is because I feel better when the White Sox win. But I've only been disappointed for 2 weeks (I don't carry previous seasons around with me) so I have hope to be less disappointed soon.

The look on the faces do say it all... no one is enjoying this, players especially.

With regard to your first bolded point, this is the only time I boo players, along with lack of effort during games. I do get mad at players for underperforming, though. With that said, here are the guys I think have played reasonably well to this point, given what was expected of them before the season started:

Konerko
Quentin
Lillibridge
Vizquel
Teahen
Santos
Danks
Humber
Crain
Castro

As to your second bolded point, I hope more Sox fans realize that than not.

Danryan
05-02-2011, 02:46 PM
I haven't seen a lack of effort, so how can I be mad at anyone? Although I'm disappointed of the performance of many.

LITTLE NELL
05-02-2011, 03:45 PM
First of all in 60 years of a fan of the Sox I have never and would never boo a Sox player. I'm at not mad at any player, this has been a team meltdown, some have performed better than others but they are all part of this dismal record that we have and that includes the manager and his coaches. Herm gets a pass.

tstrike2000
05-02-2011, 06:36 PM
I can't imagine myself ever getting angry with Gavin.

Except Gavin's mad you didn't make your name GoGoFloyd.

Daver
05-02-2011, 06:41 PM
How many players are mad at you?

Red Barchetta
05-02-2011, 08:25 PM
I would add TCQ and Alexi to the original list. Primarily because Alexi usually starts out slow anyway.

Nellie_Fox
05-03-2011, 12:41 AM
I would add TCQ and Alexi to the original list. Primarily because Alexi usually starts out slow anyway.AlexEi.

RCWHITESOX
05-03-2011, 01:07 AM
Chris Sale is starting to remind me of Mike Macdougal Both have fantastic stuff but have a hard time finding their release points consistently. Fortunately Sale is just a rookie and has plenty of time to right the ship.

kaufsox
05-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Can't say I'm mad at anybody, I'm not losing sleep over anything, but Juan Pierre is really showing some wear. As of last night 13 SB attempts, 8 CS, poor play in the outfield and a low OBP at .308. I think a little break might do some good.

pudge
05-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Is this as low as it gets? I'm not mad, I just don't care anymore. On the heels of a no-hitter against a pitcher coming in with an 8+ ERA, the largest payroll in team history, a manager that can be a national embarrassment when he isn't winning, an offense that season after season seems to start the same way - I think what makes this worse than "The Kids Can Play" or the White Flag trade is that when your team has the #5 payroll in MLB and they play like a last-place team, you just stop caring. You start to dislike the players. Or the coaches. It's one thing to be mad at the owner for not spending money while still rooting for the "kids" to go out there and win, but it's another thing to have dished out all this cash just to watch a team suck.

Lip Man 1
05-04-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm not mad at JR (yet). He laid it on the line for this season. Now I will be mad at him if he continues to allow this to go on the entire season without making some kind of changes.

Lip

fisk4ever
05-04-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm not mad at Paulie, but Paulie should be mad at the guys who are showing no effort.

Bucky F. Dent
05-04-2011, 05:57 PM
...................that's about it.

gogosox675
05-04-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm not mad at Paulie or Danks. There is no reason he should be 0-5 right now.

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Edwin
Danks
PK
TCQ
Santos
Crain