PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 4-30 This crap is for the birds, Sox lose 6-2 Postgamer

Frater Perdurabo
04-30-2011, 08:56 PM
When you load the bags twice and only score one run, and drop two third strikes to allow the hitters to reach base, and play terrible defense, you deserve to lose.

soxinem1
04-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Poor Humber pitches his ass off and his offense and defense (i.e., his team) let him down.:angry: :angry:

April can't end soon enough. You know things are bad when Alex Rios hits his first HR on April 30th.

Let's hope this team is like the 1983 White Sox and comes to life in May.

Bombs away, folks.

LongLiveFisk
04-30-2011, 08:58 PM
:thud:

Frater Perdurabo
Is it possible Rios might be starting to inch his way out of his slump?

Soxfest
Horrid simply horrid!:angry::angry:

soxinem1
You read my mind, Frater. Great title!!

yazz32
This team ****ing sucks big time blow it up !!!

LITTLE NELL
04-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Just when you think it can't get any worse...............

Frater Perdurabo
You read my mind, Frater. Great title!!

Great minds think alike!

BainesHOF
A.J. was an embarrassment behind the plate tonight.

And so it goes...

Foulke You
Is it possible Rios might be starting to inch his way out of his slump?
He has had better ABs lately. A couple hits in the NY series and even the earlier DP with 1st and 2nd nobody out was hit hard but as always lately someone made a great play. Frustrating baseball to watch right now.

harwar
04-30-2011, 09:00 PM
a change is definitely called for .. maybe they should wear silver cowboy boots with spurs and see if that helps ..

billyvsox
Remember the good ol days when we won the first 2 games in Yankee stadium. Seems like a month ago, really got the club going....eh

DrCrawdad
Ugly, ugly, ugly!

Let Bacon sort things out in AAA.

DirtySox
At least Humber will have a guaranteed rotation spot once Danks is traded.

Oh, and Fire Walker. Tillman was god-awful tonight and still managed to dominate this offense. Putridly disgusting.

LongLiveFisk
04-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Chris Rongey is thinking, "Oh ****, here we go again...."

Chicago5oooh
This team won't see a single red cent of my money until something drastic changes. I'm done watching this hore****.

DirtySox

And so it goes...

He was just as bad yesterday with 2 other passed balls. He needs to go away, but alas he will be making $6 million next year.

Brian26
04-30-2011, 09:02 PM

And so it goes...

That was an ugly inning all-around. Dunn, Teahen and Alexei all looked like keystone cops.

Foulke You
04-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Ugly, ugly, ugly!

I'm starting to think this might be the best course of action. The problem is that there is nobody internally to fill the 2B role. Lillibridge is a butcher in the infield and this team struggles enough on defense. They pretty much would have to look outside the organization to get a veteran 2B. Marco Scutaro maybe? :dunno:

billyvsox
04-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Finally, the season that the Twins may suck, we might suck worse

samurai_sox
04-30-2011, 09:03 PM
All in.

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy158/d4rkn35d3vil/nuclear-bomb-explosion.jpg

SlowMotion
04-30-2011, 09:04 PM
He was just as bad yesterday with 2 other passed balls. He needs to go away, but alas he will be making $6 million next year.

But he's never been on the DL! And he's a great leader because he mopes during his AB's to show that he really cares.

Frater Perdurabo
04-30-2011, 09:04 PM
I don't know how to make things better, but I have a few ideas. It starts with trying to put the best fielders on the field.

First, Morel and Beckham are the future of the infield, even if they aren't hitting right now. They also are pretty solid fielders. I think they need to play every day, even if they are hitting 8th and 9th.

Second, while Rios is hitting terribly, I think he needs to continue to start. His contract cannot be moved.

However, Pierre is not playing well and he's getting caught stealing way too much. I think Lillibridge needs to lead off and play left field, just to improve the defense.

Soxman219
04-30-2011, 09:05 PM
I can't stop laughing at this team. Are we the worst team in baseball yet?

SoxSpeed22
04-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Vizquel can play second if they have to send Beckham down. He's more lost than ever.
**** this team.

johnnyg83
04-30-2011, 09:07 PM
How about giving Dunn a day or two at first? Just to break the routine.

vinny
04-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Finally, the season that the Twins may suck, we might suck worse

As bad as this season has been so far, it's still unfathomable to me that Minnesota is worse than us right now. There's the same kind of talk on their boards you see here: heads need to roll, there's no accountability, blow the whole thing up, bats are ice cold, bullpen sucks. It gives me small comfort.

It's going to be an epic battle to the bottom when the Twinkies come to town next week.

billyvsox
04-30-2011, 09:09 PM
I really think a big problem is that KW assembled this disaster and to make changes he would be admitting he was wrong and he is waaayyyyy to stubborn to that.

He will find a way to insist he assembled a good ball club but someone else screwed it up. But he hired Ozzie and Cor and Walker too....so its a vicious cycle

HaroMaster87
04-30-2011, 09:10 PM
All in.

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy158/d4rkn35d3vil/nuclear-bomb-explosion.jpg

Looking at your sig...i bet Peavy cant wait to get back here!

Tragg
04-30-2011, 09:11 PM
It gets uglier every night.

They certainly need to be extremely cognizant of protecting their young assets, more than squeezing what they can out of them. Exhibit A is Sale - get him ready for the rotation for next year, or for July if this team makes a sudden turnaround.
I agree with Frater....get the best defense we can out there.

DrCrawdad
04-30-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm starting to think this might be the best course of action. The problem is that there is nobody internally to fill the 2B role. Lillibridge is a butcher in the infield and this team struggles enough on defense. They pretty much would have to look outside the organization to get a veteran 2B. Marco Scutaro maybe? :dunno:

Vizquel can play second if they have to send Beckham down. He's more lost than ever.
**** this team.

agreed play Omar

ChiSoxGal85
04-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Looking at your sig...i bet Peavy cant wait to get back here!

Hah, I was thinking about that during the game. What must Peavy be thinking, working his ass off to get back to this?

Maybe he'll spark something when he gets back. He is a fiery kind of guy.

SlowMotion
04-30-2011, 09:15 PM
I don't know how to make things better, but I have a few ideas. It starts with trying to put the best fielders on the field.

First, Morel and Beckham are the future of the infield, even if they aren't hitting right now. They also are pretty solid fielders. I think they need to play every day, even if they are hitting 8th and 9th.

Second, while Rios is hitting terribly, I think he needs to continue to start. His contract cannot be moved.

However, Pierre is not playing well and he's getting caught stealing way too much. I think Lillibridge needs to lead off and play left field, just to improve the defense.

Reluctantly agree, mostly. At least, those are the best in-house options we have. Play Rios until he gets out of it, because his history at least allows him that much. Play Morel everyday, too. Mostly because I'd rather watch Mark Kotsay man 3rd base than Teahen or rely on the 43 year old Vizquel to produce offensively on a consistent basis.

Lillibridge isn't patient enough to lead off and he obviously thinks he's much faster than he is. Plus his OF defense is way overrated because of those two plays in NY and because watching Quentin move around in the OF causes anxiety attacks. Lilli is just not that good a baseball player, likeable as he is.

DirtySox
04-30-2011, 09:15 PM
How about giving Dunn a day or two at first? Just to break the routine.

He played 1st tonight.

Not that I can blame you for not noticing.

Viva Medias B's
04-30-2011, 09:17 PM
Tear it down. Build anew.

DirtySox
04-30-2011, 09:17 PM
9 games back of Cleveland after another walk-off win.

Sox, Twins, and Padres duking it out for worst record in baseball.

Frater Perdurabo
04-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Reluctantly agree, mostly. At least, those are the best in-house options we have. Play Rios until he gets out of it, because his history at least allows him that much. Play Morel everyday, too. Mostly because I'd rather watch Mark Kotsay man 3rd base than Teahen or rely on the 43 year old Vizquel to produce offensively on a consistent basis.

Lillibridge isn't patient enough to lead off and he obviously thinks he's much faster than he is. Plus his OF defense is way overrated because of those two plays in NY and because watching Quentin move around in the OF causes anxiety attacks. Lilli is just not that good a baseball player, likeable as he is.

Fair point about Lillibridge. But isn't he an upgrade over Pierre? If not, what about DeAza?

SBSoxFan
04-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Well, they're still "better" than Minnesota, and Thornton's ERA is lower than Nathan's. :shrug:

captain54
04-30-2011, 09:26 PM
I really think a big problem is that KW assembled this disaster and to make changes he would be admitting he was wrong and he is waaayyyyy to stubborn to that.

He will find a way to insist he assembled a good ball club but someone else screwed it up. But he hired Ozzie and Cor and Walker too....so its a vicious cycle

When the seats are empty in June/July/August he may have no choice but to make changes.

Frater Perdurabo
04-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Tear it down. Build anew.

Who do we deal?

The only players worth anything in return are still young and reasonably good.

Despite their hitting woes, I still like Morel and Beckham. I don't want to deal Alexei. Paulie can veto any trade.

Rios and Dunn are untradeable. Quentin might fetch something in return, but he's one of our few productive hitters. I guess I'd be willing to deal him if I knew Viciedo was ready to step in and hit well. What could we get for Pierre?

Vizquel, Teahen, Castro and Lillibridge won't fetch much in return.

Buehrle's and Jackson's deals expire this year, so we can trade Floyd or Danks. No one would take Peavy right now. Humber and Santos probably are more valuable to us than anyone else. Ohman is worthless. We'd be stupid to trade Sale. I guess Thornton and Crain might fetch something at the deadline.

salty99
04-30-2011, 09:28 PM
:waiting::whiteflag::anon::chunks:walkoff:

is this season over yet? :fireozzie:

johnnyg83
He played 1st tonight.

Not that I can blame you for not noticing.

Sorry I was checking score from my phone.

chisoxfanatic
Only scoring 1 when they had bases jammed and nobody out was brutal...That happens to be when I flipped the game on, and I actually thought they would've done something with that inning...Not so!

salty99
04-30-2011, 09:30 PM
Only scoring 1 when they had bases jammed and nobody out was brutal...That happens to be when I flipped the game on, and I actually thought they would've done something with that inning...Not so!

Have you been watching at all this season?

shingo10
04-30-2011, 09:33 PM
The top of the 8th inning was one of the worst innings I have ever seen in my life.

I mean that looked like a little league game. Wow.

A few weeks ago I jumped on some people for talking about what will happen with this team next year because I felt like this season still had so much potential. That feeling is going away more and more with each passing game.

Now all we can do is talk about next year. There is nothing to suggest this will get better but I surely hope that it does soon. As someone said, let's catch fire in May.

Big Hurt so good
04-30-2011, 09:36 PM
I am far more discouraged right now than I was during last year's start...

last year's slow start was all centered around 1 thing: BAD HITTING....

This year it's literally everything... from bad hitting to inconsistent starting pitching to a bad bullpen (except Santos) to AWFUL DEFENSE...

There is so much wrong with this team right now it's hard to even figure out where to begin with improvements...

Lip Man 1
04-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Hurt:

But remember they work on these things in spring training!!!!!!!

Every day you think it'll get better and every day it gets worse. That's the jist of things.

You hope things might change but outside of the law of averages is there any real reason to think that it will?

3-14 since the afternoon 9th inning meltdown vs. the A's (but, but, but...Chris Sale said he could pitch!!!)

14 of past 16 games they've scored three runs or less.

They're "all in" all right...."all in" the toilet.

Lip

Big Hurt so good
04-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Fittingly, I was just listening to Joey Cora postgame sound and blaring in the clubhouse at the time was the song by Neon Trees with the chorus:

What are you waiting for?

Made me smile for the first time in seemingly weeks when talking about this team

MountainCur
04-30-2011, 09:47 PM

No kidding. And I "knew" we wouldn't score right, especially when Dunn struck out.
And really, we got lucky getting Alexei to cross the plate, cause 9 times out of 10 I bet that catcher hangs onto the ball.

DirtySox
04-30-2011, 09:51 PM
No kidding. And I "knew" we wouldn't score right, especially when Dunn struck out.
And really, we got lucky getting Alexei to cross the plate, cause 9 times out of 10 I bet that catcher hangs onto the ball.

Luckily (I guess?), Jake Fox isn't a catcher.

BainesHOF
04-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Things will not change until changes are made.

chaotic8512
04-30-2011, 10:00 PM
It's harder to think of a time I've been more frustrated as a Sox fan. Yes, the White Flag was horrible, but I was just 12 and it's not a fresh wound.

They've got plenty of time to turn it around, but as it stands, this team is a complete and utter joke. :angry: (Not that that's news to anyone, I just feel better saying it.)

KyWhiSoxFan
04-30-2011, 10:10 PM
The Sox need to do what is best for the future, and for Morel and Beckham, and that would be to send them both down for another year. Rushing players to the majors has been a disaster for the Sox. It never works for the vast majority of players.

VenturaFan23
04-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Ugly, ugly, ugly!

Even if he does, Walker will just **** him up again when he gets back.

thomas35forever
04-30-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm just glad the Bulls are chasing a championship right now. Otherwise, sports would be no fun for me at the moment.

Dan H
04-30-2011, 10:46 PM
This wasn't the worst White Sox game I have ever attended, it just felt like it. I cannot say enough bad things about this team.

Corlose 15
04-30-2011, 10:48 PM
If they don't turn this around quick we could be on our way to one of the most disastrous White Sox seasons in the last 30 years.

This team has been playing like crap and it doesn't seem to have a very optimistic future.

They're trying to build around Beckham, Sale, and Morel and they've all been awful.

They're tied into contracts with Rios who has been crap for 80% of his time with the Sox, AJ whose offensive and defensive skills appear to be in serious decline, Peavy who has yet to show he's healthy, and Thornton who has been garbage.

They're stuck with a horrible leadoff hitter who neither hits the ball hard, nor catches it, nor is able to steal at any better than a 50% success rate, and have nobody in the system seemingly capable of replacing him.

That said it is April and they could possibly turn this around at least enough to do their patented September fold, but this whole season has been a train wreck.

tstrike2000
04-30-2011, 10:48 PM
All In - means pitching like crap, then hitting like crap.

DirtySox
04-30-2011, 10:50 PM
The Sox have made history!

18 losses in April is a franchise record! :bandance:

Dan H
04-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Another thing. There was another inning when two hitters tried to bunt. Unlike in New York when two outs were given away, both hitters fouled off their bunts. There should be a rule for the next game: No bunting under any circumstances. I have never seen hitters with so little confidence.

sunofgold
04-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Dayan or Milledge. I didn't look up their stats right now in minors. Doesn't matter. I think both of them can hit. They cannot field, but offense is the biggest problem right now.

Wow, 18 losses in April. And the Twins are worse than us? Maybe the Twins are giving up this year because they always lose in the playoffs.

Indians and Royals at the top of this division? This is crazy. Royals have cooled off and hope that the Indians do as well.

Only positive thing that I can think of..we have ton of games left in our division. And a lot of the divisional games are in a row. Hopefully, we will be playing our best baseball at that time. And we usually beat the crap out of NL in interleague play. But we cannot be playing badly like this.

Maybe we need Peavy back as soon as he can (of course when he is ready). For leadership? Inspiration? ...grasping at straws. lol.

TommyGavinFloyd
04-30-2011, 11:21 PM
Actually went to this one. :whiner:. Only positive: the nacho helmet lived up to the hype.

Foulke You
04-30-2011, 11:41 PM
I am far more discouraged right now than I was during last year's start...

last year's slow start was all centered around 1 thing: BAD HITTING....

This year it's literally everything... from bad hitting to inconsistent starting pitching to a bad bullpen (except Santos) to AWFUL DEFENSE...
I think this year is just fresher in your mind and a bit more frustrating since the expectations were higher this season. 2010's start was almost as much of a train wreck. The team was just as bad at hitting. Konerko and Rios were the only two effective bats for the entire first 6 weeks of the season. Pierre was ice cold, Kotsay was awful at DH, Alexei couldn't hit until it was warm, Peavy couldn't get anyone out, Floyd couldn't get anyone out, etc. Much like now, fans were frustrated and wanted heads to roll. The 2010 squad bottomed out at a whopping 9 games under .500 and a whopping 12 games out of first place. They rebounded to make the Summer exciting and even took over first place by 3.5 games. We can only hope that things play out in a similar way this year to give the team a chance to get back in it.

Nellie_Fox
04-30-2011, 11:55 PM

18 losses in April is a franchise record! :bandance:It's only been relatively recently that they've played so many games in April. In 1990, they only PLAYED 16 games in April. Opening day wasn't until April 9th. It's been a dismal showing, but the fact that it's a club record doesn't mean much.

sunofgold
05-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Now that is surprising. We haven't had a game postponed. That has to be an April record.

Hitmen77
05-01-2011, 12:09 AM
9 games back of Cleveland after another walk-off win.

Sox, Twins, and Padres duking it out for worst record in baseball.

ALL IN! :angry::thud:

This picture sums up the White Sox 2011 season so far:

http://www.thedevilsdemons.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/train_wreck.jpg

Who in Sox management (KW, Ozzie, the coaches) is accountable for this fiasco?

beasly213
05-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Fire Cora

chisoxfanatic
05-01-2011, 12:41 AM
Now that is surprising. We haven't had a game postponed. That has to be an April record.
It's because they haven't had many home games.

BainesHOF
05-01-2011, 12:51 AM
If they don't turn this around quick we could be on our way to one of the most disastrous White Sox seasons in the last 30 years.

One of the worst?

Corlose 15
05-01-2011, 01:15 AM
One of the worst?

Well I'm only 27 so I didn't want to speak with certainty on teams before my time.

WhiteSox5187
05-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Here's what is so unnerving to me, I think that eventually this team will hit, but I have no confidence in the bullpen's ability to hold a lead, or even keep the game close. Last year it was "just" Bobby who struggled, now it's EVERYONE. That to me is much more unnerving than the lack of offense.

ShooterMcGavin
05-01-2011, 01:33 AM
I've been optimistic so far, but this game really made me wonder if these guys will ever put it all together this year.

I wonder what is Guillen's game plan to right this ship.

SlowMotion
05-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Here's what is so unnerving to me, I think that eventually this team will hit, but I have no confidence in the bullpen's ability to hold a lead, or even keep the game close. Last year it was "just" Bobby who struggled, now it's EVERYONE. That to me is much more unnerving than the lack of offense.

I agree with the bullpen sentiments but it's useless to pick on one aspect of this team.

I do think Kenny made some really perplexing moves this offseason, though. The D-Backs gave Putz 2 years 10 million and the Sox paid Thornton two years 12 million and the key to the closing job. Again, essentially a lefty specialist with one pitch and no prior closing experience. I liked the Crain signing and hated the Ohman deal, but we needed another lefty and I had hope he would strike lightning in a bottle.

Bobby was bad and he seemed reluctant follow conditioning orders and despite starting out well, he couldn't hold up and watching him go on the DL for stupid things like a calf strain week after week was tedious. But even though he's excelling in Boston I think it was the right move monetarily speaking to let him walk.

Putz, however, I don't understand. Especially considering we gave AJ all that money just because he's durable, yet can't hit a lick anymore and couldn't throw out Paul Konerko 5 times out of 10. The lack of foresight in a lot of these moves just shows an utter lack of care, and an arrogance that flies in the face of reality and stats, sometimes.

I mean, we couldn't find a better catcher for that money or less? Really?

guillensdisciple
05-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Ahahahahah, you know I've been waiting for my annual blow up with this team but it's just not happening. I have been busy with school, and life in general. What scares me the most is that for the first time since I have watched baseball and the White Sox I literally did not even think about turning on the tv. I had time to watch some of the game today, and just did not turn it on without a thought otherwise too. I have seen this loop play itself so often, and it's so funny and sad.

I went to the gym as the game was closing out and I told my friend that the White Sox would hit a meaningless home run in the ninth to make it 6-2. They did. Earlier in the year I called a sox loss in extras against Kansas City. Maybe I am lucky, but things with this team have become so blatantly obvious, and so blatantly old overworked and strung out it's insane.

I am sick of the act. I am sick of this ****ing franchise, and this stupid ****ing tag they have put on themselves as the saviors of the world in the face of adversity. I am sick of idiots too strung up on their own pride running around telling other teams to **** themselves and us, the people who pay to watch them, to **** ourselves. I am sick of the excuses being made left and right about players and coaches. I am sick of this we are tough, we are grinders, we are fighters when not a single one of you will sack up or ever has in any situation that requires this manliness that you speak of. None of you have since 2005 and a lot of that has to do with Jermaine Dye, Juan Uribe, Orlando Hernandeez, Contreras- people who had balls or maybe players who did not let this ****ing team corrupt them.

125 million dollars, a bunch of excuses, and somehow the guys up there will say that we need to show up. You know what, no, I have better things to do. You want me to spend the money I don't have for your ****- get **** that wins.

EDIT: oh and thanks for the all in slogan. If more people knew about it, we would be a pretty good joke right now. Take that off immediately, those commercials are disgusting. Not as bad as the team, but **** damn they are ugly.

russ99
05-01-2011, 03:44 AM
I've been optimistic so far, but this game really made me wonder if these guys will ever put it all together this year.

I wonder what is Guillen's game plan to right this ship.

And why the heck hasn't Kenny done anything yet?

If Dunn and Rios are hurting, put them on the DL. If pitchers in the pen aren't cutting it, send them to AAA to figure it out. Bring in someone, anyone and tell these bums that if they can't perform at the big league level, someone else might.

What's worse than the performance of this team is management sitting on their hands doing nothing to shake things up and find something that works.

Ozzie can only use the players that are here...

kufram
05-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Count me in the "something has to be done" crowd but I'd start with changing what is on the field rather than who's in the manager's office just because it is more realistic. Who do you put out there...? Anybody. Anyone can lose games like we've been losing games.

If we had a couple of guys playing in contract years I bet they'd be producing.... errr, JD and AJ exempted.

LongLiveFisk
05-01-2011, 08:36 AM

18 losses in April is a franchise record! :bandance:

I guess that answers the question I asked in the game thread yesterday as to whether this was the worst April the "old timers" could ever remember. It's the worst record-wise and apparently also the worst in terms of demoralization.

nsolo
05-01-2011, 08:47 AM

If Dunn and Rios are hurting, put them on the DL. If pitchers in the pen aren't cutting it, send them to AAA to figure it out. Bring in someone, anyone and tell these bums that if they can't perform at the big league level, someone else might.

What's worse than the performance of this team is management sitting on their hands doing nothing to shake things up and find something that works.

The best motivation to experience action from KW would come from JR, his boss. And the best way to accomplish that is in the hands of the fans, to not buy tickets.

Anyone who complains and moans about this team and is still buying tickets is , in my opinion, only contributing to the overall problem. Those of you who bought into the "All In" marketing crap and are season ticket holders, I'm sorry for you.

As a 50 year Sox fan sceptic, I shuddered the first time I heard that buzz phrase, thinking it would bring a pox on the Sox fandom. My fears have been realized.

kittle42
05-01-2011, 12:27 PM

Why is it one or the other? They are both horrid - can Guillen and Williams.

SI1020
05-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Why is it one or the other? They are both horrid - can Guillen and Williams. Maybe it didn't start out that way but at this point neither one is doing well. Does ownership recognize the problem, and if so what if anything will be done?

TaylorStSox
05-01-2011, 01:38 PM
I've never hated a Sox veteran more than AJ. I cringed the day we resigned him. He's bad defensively and he can't really hit anymore. His attitude sucks. He's obnoxious.