PDA

View Full Version : Brook Kieschnik

basilesox
07-07-2002, 02:47 PM
I heard this guy is rockin in AAA. Besides the fact that he is an ex cub, what is stopping us from giving him a shot this year. We definitely could use him somewhere on the staff whether it be in the bullpen or as a starter. I hate the cubs as much as the next guy, but it seems to be that they will at least give some of their young pitchers a shot (Cruz, Zambrano, Prior). We on the other hand seem to leave our staff alone, even though they struggle continually.

basilesox

doublem23
07-07-2002, 02:50 PM
The season's going down the tubes, so there's really no point in rushing someone to the majors. Notice how Cruz and Zambrano SUCK, so why follow the Cubs in terms of how to handle a pitching staff.

:baylor
All I know about pitching is how to avoid oncoming fastballs.

CerberusWG
07-07-2002, 02:50 PM
12 IP 14 SO 2 BB 0 ER

Yay?

LongDistanceFan
07-07-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
12 IP 14 SO 2 BB 0 ER

Yay?

2 questions......... does the minor leaguers play while the strike is on......... either way brooks have to sit b/c of his prior mlb time.

i wonder if jason and brooks experiment will continue when the game starts again.

CerberusWG
07-07-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan

2 questions......... does the minor leaguers play while the strike is on......... either way brooks have to sit b/c of his prior mlb time.

i wonder if jason and brooks experiment will continue when the game starts again.

Minor Leaguers NOT a part of the 40 man roster can still play. Also, Brooks is not a part of the 40 man roster, so he can still picth.

Randar68
07-07-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG

Minor Leaguers NOT a part of the 40 man roster can still play. Also, Brooks is not a part of the 40 man roster, so he can still picth.

Brooks has more than 3 years MLB service time. He is an MLBPA member for life, I believe.

Daver
07-07-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Brooks has more than 3 years MLB service time. He is an MLBPA member for life, I believe.

You would be correct.