PDA

View Full Version : Derek Lowe arrested for DUI and Drag Racing on Peachtree St

Fenway
04-29-2011, 02:58 PM
The Braves are not having a good week

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-blog/2011/04/29/more-troubling-news-with-lowe-arrest-brings-dark-day-for-the-braves/

PalehosePlanet
04-29-2011, 03:20 PM
I know it's been rumored for a long time that Lowe has had issues with alcohol. In fact I remember reading somewhere that that was the main reason the Sawx did not bring him back after 2004.

Oh well, at least he was driving a Porsche Panamera and actually had a chance to win the race!

Fenway
04-29-2011, 03:29 PM
I know it's been rumored for a long time that Lowe has had issues with alcohol. In fact I remember reading somewhere that that was the main reason the Sawx did not bring him back after 2004.

Oh well, at least he was driving a Porsche Panamera and actually had a chance to win the race!

Well - he showed up hungover before a key game at Yankee Stadium in 2004 and the Yankees took batting practice - he almost was left off the playoff roster and in the end was the winning pitcher in all 3 playoff series clinching games.

But the final straw was his parading around the Back Bay with a different woman every night while his wife was pregnant. They made no attempt to keep him.

DSpivack
04-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Friend of mine lives literally around the corner from where he was arrested.

Lowe sounds like a real, uh, low life.

soxfanatlanta
04-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Friend of mine lives literally around the corner from where he was arrested.

Lowe sounds like a real, uh, low life.

The apologists are out in full force down here, but my memory of the fatality from the drag race on Ponce several years ago still burns. He deserves everything he gets from this point.