PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 4-28 Murphy of "Murphy's Law" was an optimist, Yanks spank Sox Postgamer

Frater Perdurabo
04-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Puketastic

soltrain21
04-28-2011, 09:17 PM
This is a less than enjoyable year.

DSpivack
04-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Sox are as dreary as the weather.

Frater Perdurabo
04-28-2011, 09:19 PM
So, how about the NFL draft?

Oh, and some patrician wedding is happening?

WhiteSox5187
04-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Once we didn't score in the first I turned to my dad and said "This game is over," normally he would call me a pessimist. He didn't say anything this time. This was just a horrific showing all the way around. We were horrible in EVERY facet of the game.

Woofer
04-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Cap tipping time. :angry:

JB98
04-28-2011, 09:23 PM
At least they didn't waste a good starting pitching performance this time. :shrug:

That makes three runs or less in 13 of the last 14 games.

Bad and boring.

SoxSpeed22
04-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Cap tipping time. :angry:At least it's Sabathia. We had more than enough chances to get to him. The bad mojo is flowing throughout. Also this team sucks.

tstrike2000
04-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Gutl.....I mean, we're not very good.

A. Cavatica
04-28-2011, 09:28 PM
The team is so bad it's distracting people from the need to fire Ozzie!

ChiSoxGal85
04-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Awful - couldn't even watch past the 3rd inning. I am now no longer angry, I have progressed to apathetic.

kobo
04-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Where have I seen this before? Oh yeah, last year. Pathetic.

JB98
04-28-2011, 09:31 PM

Nonsense! The White Sox were much better last year. They were 11-15 after 26 games.

thomas35forever
04-28-2011, 09:33 PM
I turned the game off after the top of the fifth inning to go do some radio work. Looks like I stopped watching at the right time.

I will also admit I was one of the few defenders of Pena going into tonight, but I am no longer one of them. Can we please DFA him?

KnightSox
04-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Unwatchable.

JB98
04-28-2011, 09:34 PM
I turned the game off after the top of the fifth inning to go do some radio work. Looks like I stopped watching at the right time.

I will also admit I was one of the few defenders of Pena going into tonight, but I am no longer one of them. Can we please DFA him?

May not need to. He left the game with right elbow discomfort. Maybe he'll go to the DL.

Marqhead
04-28-2011, 09:34 PM
1st inning, 2nd and 3rd with nobody out; bet my buddy the Sox wouldn't score.

Man o man am I enjoying that dollar.

thomas35forever
04-28-2011, 09:36 PM
May not need to. He left the game with right elbow discomfort. Maybe he'll go to the DL.
Fine. Put him on the 60-day DL so he can't blow anymore games for us until the division is well out of reach.

doublem23
04-28-2011, 09:43 PM
****ty way to end the series, but we did split a 4-gamer in the Bronx, which, considering how poorly they had played limping into this week, I would have been thrilled with.

:praying:

Hoping for a better performance tomorrow. I'm in Section 115! :bandance:

A. Cavatica
04-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Fine. Put him on the 60-day DL so he can't blow anymore games for us until the division is well out of reach.

Is it time for the tragic number countdown already?

WhiteSox5187
04-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Is it time for the tragic number countdown already?

I am fairly certain this is tongue in cheek (I pray it is) but goodness! With a good week we could be in second place. We have a struggling Baltimore and Minnesota team at home then go onto Seattle. These guys aren't exactly world beaters right now. Let's right the ship at home.

Dan H
04-28-2011, 09:50 PM
****ty way to end the series, but we did split a 4-gamer in the Bronx, which, considering how poorly they had played limping into this week, I would have been thrilled with.

:praying:

Hoping for a better performance tomorrow. I'm in Section 115! :bandance:

I would have been thrilled, too, but this team still isn't hitting. There is really nothing to feel good about this road trip. The White Sox need to show some life and now. Hawkeroo made his usual excuses in the ninth. Shut up, Hawk. Shut up, Stone Poney. Shut up Ozzie.

BainesHOF
04-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Beckham needs to be sent down for everyone's sake. He just gets worse and worse. With that swing, there's no way he's going to be a good hitter. It's sad to hear Ozzie talk that the main thing is that he keeps his head up. Nonsense. It's about performance.

Why are the Sox so reluctant to send Beckham to the minors? There's no law against him going down, learning and returning as a bonafide Major Leaguer.

asindc
04-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Well, at least the Twinkees managed to take last place in the Central away from us, losing to Nieman in the process (his 1st win this season) and allowing Tampa to sweep a day-night DH for the first time in its history. Despite seeing Jackson afraid to throw strikes to a team he was no-hitting to that point:angry:, I'm glad we don't have Minny's rotation.

Brian26
04-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Alex Rios is stealing money from this team right now.

.158 and only two hits in the last ten days. And his work in the field has been brutal.

Nelfox02
04-28-2011, 09:57 PM
well, they one 1 more game this series than I expected....

Brent made some exciting plays to end the second game.....

PK homer to take a late lead in game 2 was shocking and fun......

that is about it for the positives on this wretched road trip. I just dont know what to say about this team anymore........

Gavin
04-28-2011, 09:58 PM
meh. 2-2 @ yankee stadium. hardly unsuccessful.

face it... we all knew it was going to be rough going into that place.

WhiteSox5187
04-28-2011, 10:02 PM
meh. 2-2 @ yankee stadium. hardly unsuccessful.

face it... we all knew it was going to be rough going into that place.

I have no problem with the way we did in this series against the Yankees. But the rest of the road trip was horrendous.

SI1020
04-28-2011, 10:04 PM
May not need to. He left the game with right elbow discomfort. Maybe he'll go to the DL. Maybe he'll just go away.

BainesHOF
04-28-2011, 10:05 PM

.158 and only two hits in the last ten days. And his work in the field has been brutal.

It's sad to see a player who can play so great look so bad. Hitting can be tough in stretches, but I don't understand why Rios is struggling so badly on defense. He was awesome last year and now he's struggling on his jumps and on balls that he used to have in his back pocket. The Sox are paying him big-time money. To me, Rios has been the season's biggest disappointment.

Brian26
04-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Rios is stealing money, but I suppose you could say that about Dunn, Edwin, & Peavy too.

kaufsox
04-28-2011, 10:10 PM

Amen. As odd as it may sound, barring tonight I was pretty happy with pitching v. The Yanks. Also I don't think the Twins are going to suck all year so why should the Sox.

WhiteSox5187
04-28-2011, 10:12 PM
It's sad to see a player who can play so great look so bad. Hitting can be tough in stretches, but I don't understand why Rios is struggling so badly on defense. He was awesome last year and now he's struggling on his jumps and on balls that he used to have in his back pocket. The Sox are paying him big-time money. To me, Rios has been the season's biggest disappointment.

I don't think he's 100% right now. I think his toe maybe hurting more than he's let on.

doublem23
04-28-2011, 10:17 PM
Rios is stealing money, but I suppose you could say that about Dunn, Edwin, & Peavy too.

Peavy's at least got an excuse

BringHomeDaBacon
04-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Peavy's at least got an excuse

What was his excuse for the 4.63 ERA in 17 starts last year?

VMSNS
04-28-2011, 10:22 PM
All In!!!

WhiteSox5187
04-28-2011, 10:22 PM
What was his excuse for the 4.63 ERA in 17 starts last year?

Learning a new league, coming off a terrible ankle injury that he wasn't 100% healed from yet and compensating with a new delivery that wound up leading to a new injury?

Tragg
04-28-2011, 10:24 PM

Indeed.

BringHomeDaBacon
04-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Learning a new league, coming off a terrible ankle injury that he wasn't 100% healed from yet and compensating with a new delivery that wound up leading to a new injury?

Wasn't pitching in Petco against the NL?

WhiteSox5187
04-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Wasn't pitching in Petco against the NL?

Wasn't it what?

russ99
04-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Cmon guys, we need to do a whole heck of a lot better on this homestand.

captain54
04-28-2011, 10:36 PM

I would add Walker to the top of that list, and also throw Pena in there somewhere too

Gavin
04-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Cmon guys, we need to do a whole heck of a lot better on this homestand.

Yikes, only 13 home games in the rest of April-May, including 6 coming up. Here's hoping for 4-2 or 5-1. :gulp:

Lip Man 1
04-28-2011, 10:40 PM
I'll be very interested to see:

1. How many fans show up tomorrow night

2. What the reaction is the first time the Sox screw up.

This team is spinning out of control.

Lip

jshanahanjr
04-28-2011, 10:41 PM
They are killing the Sox!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: Too much money tied up for less than zero production!!!!

tstrike2000
04-28-2011, 10:41 PM
If they keep this up, they could still go on a 26-5 run like last year to make up for it. No problem that that kind of a run has only happened twice in the last 60 years.

LongLiveFisk
04-28-2011, 10:42 PM

Lip

Kenny better hope they buy a whole bunch of nacho helmets.

WhiteSox5187
04-28-2011, 10:46 PM

Lip

Isn't tomorrow night Frank Thomas bobble head night?

Brian26
04-28-2011, 10:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3329890

Rios' Salary Profile:
$5.9 million in 2009 (Sox paid about half).
$9.7 million in 2010
$12 million in 2011 and 2012
$12.5 million in 2013 and 2014
$13.5 million team option for 2015 with a $1 million buyout.

Limited no-trade for remainder of contract in which he can block trades without his consent to six teams.

Lip Man 1
04-28-2011, 10:50 PM
3-12 since Ozzie and the boys blew the game to the A's.

If nothing changes, we'll look back and say "this was the tipping point" much as Jenks' blown game to the Twins that Sunday last year was the one.

Lip

Gavin
04-28-2011, 10:51 PM

Lip

Not really indicitive with the weather continuing to be awful into May... but I guess the Rosendouche will have a good time with it. Yay, attendance.

doublem23
04-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Isn't tomorrow night Frank Thomas bobble head night?

And post-game fireworks

Lip Man 1
04-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Gonzo reporting tonight that in addition to Pena's elbow soreness, Rios may have reinjured that toe when he banged into the wall catching Cano's blast.

When it rains, it pours...

This season is shaping up to be a disaster.

Lip

RCWHITESOX
04-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Is this the 1970 Sox ? It sure looks like it. Can"t hit can't field bullpen shaky at best. Wow White Sox fever. At least the Cubs are just as bad.

jshanahanjr
04-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Good news if Rios is not in the lineup or in the field. Who in the heck gave him that contract? Did Kenny have to talk to Uncle Jerry before he got pants by the Jays in August of 2009?

Hitmen77
04-29-2011, 12:02 AM
I wonder who in Sox management is feeling the heat for this train wreck after they sunk $125 million in payroll for this pathetic level of play? KW? Ozzie? Walker? All of them? None of them?

At least they didn't waste a good starting pitching performance this time. :shrug:

That makes three runs or less in 13 of the last 14 games.

Bad and boring.

Well, thank goodness Greg Walker has no accountability in this fiasco whatsoever!

If nothing changes, we'll look back and say "this was the tipping point" much as Jenks' blown game to the Twins that Sunday last year was the one.

Lip

Yeah, but at least Ozzie was saving Buehrle's arm by pulling him while he was on cruise control during a 2-hit shutout!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3329890

Rios' Salary Profile:
$5.9 million in 2009 (Sox paid about half).
$9.7 million in 2010
$12 million in 2011 and 2012
$12.5 million in 2013 and 2014
$13.5 million team option for 2015 with a $1 million buyout.

Limited no-trade for remainder of contract in which he can block trades without his consent to six teams.

:thud:

Wow. The Sox owe him that much for each of the next FOUR seasons. Incredible that the Jays gave him that contract. They must have been thrilled when the Sox claimed him on waivers.

DirtySox
04-29-2011, 01:11 AM
Wow. The Sox owe him that much for each of the next FOUR seasons. Incredible that the Jays gave him that contract. They must have been thrilled when the Sox claimed him on waivers.

It's still amazing to me that the Jays were able to dump both Rios AND Wells without having to pay much of anything. Hell, they even received value back with the shipping out of Vernon.

ShooterMcGavin
04-29-2011, 01:49 AM
Quentin looked like a ten-year-old kid trying to locate fly balls in right field tonight. Quentin looked terrible on at least two fly balls. Lillibridge misread a hit to LF that should have been an out.

The White Sox have a bad defense which gets overlooked by the team's bad offense.

LITTLE NELL
04-29-2011, 06:00 AM
The team needs some new leadership, you can't fire all the players. OZZIE MUST GO NOW. He is more concerned with Tweets than winning ballgames. He is a clown and 2005 was 6 years ago, JR; loyalty is fine up to a point and that point is now.

tstrike2000
04-29-2011, 07:25 AM
The team needs some new leadership, you can't fire all the players. OZZIE MUST GO NOW. He is more concerned with Tweets than winning ballgames. He is a clown and 2005 was 6 years ago, JR; loyalty is fine up to a point and that point is now.

If Greg Walker is still here, I don't see Ozzie going anywhere either.

LITTLE NELL
04-29-2011, 07:44 AM
If Greg Walker is still here, I don't see Ozzie going anywhere either.

I'd like Ozzie and his whole staff out of here. A drastic change is needed, this team has too much talent to be floundering like this.
The players have to take some blame also, you wonder when the pride factor comes in to play.

ChiSoxGirl
04-29-2011, 07:47 AM
Awful - couldn't even watch past the 3rd inning. I am now no longer angry, I have progressed to apathetic.

Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you that, no matter what, I never turn off Sox game. When things got out of hand and it was on its way to becoming an 8-0 ballgame, I turned off the radio and watched The Office instead.

And the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that.... :angry:

Nelfox02
04-29-2011, 08:06 AM
Good news if Rios is not in the lineup or in the field. Who in the heck gave him that contract? Did Kenny have to talk to Uncle Jerry before he got pants by the Jays in August of 2009?

I wont miss watching his terrible PA's if he has to miss some time, but not having him in thei field could be an issue. I know the guy has not put on a defensive clinic to this point, but our OF defense is bad with him, it would be awful w/o him.......Pierre, Lillibridge, and Quentin out there?

ugh........

tstrike2000
04-29-2011, 08:12 AM
I'd like Ozzie and his whole staff out of here. A drastic change is needed, this team has too much talent to be floundering like this.
The players have to take some blame also, you wonder when the pride factor comes in to play.

I agree in that I've never cared for Ozzie, Walker, Baines, or Cora as coaches and think we need a change of all of those guys. I hate saying that because Walker, Baines, and Cora are guys I really like and seem like class guys. It's just a reunion of former Sox players as coaches and IMO not the best guys for the job. It's Ozzie and Walker that really need to be shown the door. Many here have even mentioned Don Cooper as a someone needing to go. But what are we going to do, bring Nardi Contreras back as pitching coach? "Coop will fix 'em" has been used so much here that people expect miracles from the pitching staff. I didn't see Ozzie question Edwin Jackson after allowing 5 walks last night in the Sox dugout, it was Cooper. And there's a reason why Edwin Jackson has a career 4.66 ERA and is on his fifth team in eight years.

A. Cavatica
04-29-2011, 08:54 AM

Lip

That was the "cap tipping point".

hi im skot
04-29-2011, 09:22 AM

The only thing worse than the White Sox is this "joke."

guillensdisciple
04-29-2011, 10:34 AM
I think the White Sox actually did it right and it is our fault that we did not recognize it.

A slogan like ALL IN actually means they have just as high a chance of losing as winning, it just means they're going to go for everything. Essentially, we have played a really ****ty hand.

Lip Man 1
04-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Interesting comment from Greg Walker after the game:

‘‘We had done some really good things, but when we started losing games, guys started pressing and we got in one of those mental funks."

When you blow four games with a lead in the 8th inning or later in the first two weeks that does happen, now it's compounded and made much worse because this club mentally has checked out...at least for now.

Lip

BringHomeDaBacon
04-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Interesting comment from Greg Walker after the game:

‘‘We had done some really good things, but when we started losing games, guys started pressing and we got in one of those mental funks."

When you blow four games with a lead in the 8th inning or later in the first two weeks that does happen, now it's compounded and made much worse because this club mentally has checked out...at least for now.

Lip

Now I've heard it all. It's the bullpen's fault the Sox can't hit.

slavko
04-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Chances of any dugout guy being fired during this season? None and none. Chances of Ozzie (and most of his staff) walking away in October if this continues? Pretty strong, IMO. He's a proud man and he can read the tea leaves.

As much as I don't like it and have said so in the past, mortgaging your farm system for proven veterans is a viable business model, if it's done right. Apparently, it's not being done right. You pick who's to blame. Then deal with the problem of the farm system failing to produce talent like it should.

They have a bubbling pot of bad to deal with and the owner's and our money is keeping it looking respectable. A change in direction is going to take a while and we're not going to like the on-field product while it's going on.

doublem23
04-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Now I've heard it all. It's the bullpen's fault the Sox can't hit.

Jesus Christ, do I have to defend everyone around here I don't like?

That's literally, not at all, what he said.

Lip Man 1
04-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Slavko:

Well JR admitted that he was seriously considering "going young" after last year when the club won 88 games. If they were to win say 78 this season, there's no question that's what will be coming along.

And there's no question that with a bad farm system in the first place unless the Sox as Daver has so often said, start hiring top people and actually spending money on it, it's probably going to continue to be bad....which makes your point about the on field product "spot-on."

Fans are going to stay away and they may not have to money to rebuild the farm sysytem even if they want to.

This is a situation where the Sox could be boxed in, with no viable way out in the near future, say next five years or so. After that it could be new ownership's problem to deal with.

Lip

Chez
04-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Slavko:

Well JR admitted that he was seriously considering "going young" after last year when the club won 88 games. If they were to win say 78 this season, there's no question that's what will be coming along.

And there's no question that with a bad farm system in the first place unless the Sox as Daver has so often said, start hiring top people and actually spending money on it, it's probably going to continue to be bad....which makes your point about the on field product "spot-on."

Fans are going to stay away and they may not have to money to rebuild the farm sysytem even if they want to.

This is a situation where the Sox could be boxed in, with no viable way out in the near future, say next five years or so. After that it could be new ownership's problem to deal with.

Lip

I don't see too many teams willing to take on the contracts of Rios, Peavy, Konerko, Dunn etc. enabling the Sox to "go young." They are all likely untradable. The Sox are stuck for the forseeable future. We need to win with this group.

Lip Man 1
04-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Chez:

The Sox would have to pay up to move some of the contracts in the next off season if that's the direction they decided to go, but it can be done.

Lip

Crooked Number
04-29-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm almost at the apathy stage. Hovering between apathy and "having a real hard time grasping why this team is playing this badly". Six and three start, with minor bullpen issues and a potent, formidable offense. Within a week, it was critical bullpen issues, horrific errors, forgot how to hit and all the sudden the entire team is in free fall.

Ultimately, those first few games the offense was destroying the ball, which covered up the two main issues. Defense, and bullpen. Now, mix in sup par inconsistent starts from four of the five starters and you have what you have. Can't catch, pitch, or hit. Consequently, when the Sox have done some of those three things well, they aren't during the same game. Starting pitching does great, zero offense. Offense does well (3-6 runs), starters give up 6, bullpen gives up more. More of the same issues fans of this team have seen the past four and half years. So incredibly frustrating.

Now the main talking point has been coming up in threads: Different personnel has been turning the roster over since the 2nd half of '06 (when the problems began), and each crop keeps committing the same issues over and over. It is now a management vs player talent quandary.

Has everyone seen enough to realize that changes need to be made with coaching/mgmt? Or is this simply 4+ years of bad luck with players not being able to execute?

If this continues for the rest of the season, when will enough finally be enough?

:scratch:

Nellie_Fox
04-29-2011, 02:29 PM

The only thing worse than the White Sox is this "joke."Seriously. Nobody can run a "joke" into the ground like WSI posters.

downstairs
04-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Unwatchable.

That's why I don't!

DumpJerry
04-29-2011, 02:32 PM
Seriously. Nobody can run a "joke" into the ground like WSI posters.
Did you hear that while Brooks was on his cell phone at the baggage claim at the Phoenix airport?

kittle42
04-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Did you hear that while Brooks was on his cell phone at the baggage claim at the Phoenix airport?

It was KW. See, it was run into the ground so much that it became too unbearable for your mind to remember!