PDA

View Full Version : Mauer was not ready to start season.

asindc
04-28-2011, 03:45 PM
An article saying Mauer was not ready to start the season:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6443405

I like one of the comments to the article that reads, "Poorly played, Mauer.":cool:

TDog
04-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Odd considering that the Twins had the second-best won-loss record of any American League team this spring training.

DumpJerry
04-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Odd considering that the Twins had the second-best won-loss record of any American League team this spring training.
Meaningless statistic.

Last year, the Rangers had the worst record and the Indians had the best.

TDog
04-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Meaningless statistic.

If you are suggesting that exhibition game results have no correlation with preseason preparation, I agree. I considered my post so outrageous that I believed teal was redundant.

GoSox2K3
04-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Meaningless statistic.

It's just Tdog being Tdog.:rolleyes:

Let's take a discussion about the Twins to make a snide point about what people here think about the Sox lackluster performance.

It's just like every other argument he makes. Let's cherry pick "evidence" to show how right he his about some other topic. Whatever.

TDog
04-29-2011, 01:26 AM
It's just Tdog being Tdog.:rolleyes:

Let's take a discussion about the Twins to make a snide point about what people here think about the Sox lackluster performance.

It's just like every other argument he makes. Let's cherry pick "evidence" to show how right he his about some other topic. Whatever.

I didn't cherry pick any evidence, and I didn't mention the White Sox. There is no correlation between spring exhibition-game records and preparation for the season. Some teams with strong records do well. Some teams with strong records do horribly. The team with the best regular-season record in baseball this April was one game over .500 in spring exhibition games.

Preparation for the season is the subject of the thread, and many people thought the Twins prepared well in spring training. They were wrong.