PDA

View Full Version : Carl Everett in Trouble

Lorenzo Barcelo
04-26-2011, 10:28 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-carleverettarrested

hawkjt
04-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Sad that Carl has to live down to expectations. Always has had anger issues,but aggravated assault with a deadly weapon? What a waste of talent,if these charges are accurate and he is convicted.

Fenway
04-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Never saw a player lose it like he did one Mother's Day at Fenway
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/782/011/everett_display_image.jpg?1299795737

You could hear him in the bleachers as the park just watched in silence.

DumpJerry
04-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Were they arguing over dinosaurs again?

Dick Allen
04-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Carl was at the Sun-times memorabilia show a few weeks ago, had him autograph my World Series ball. Nice as could be. Oh well.

JermaineDye05
04-26-2011, 11:02 AM
What, did someone drop him off at Jurassic Park?

ewokpelts
04-26-2011, 11:16 AM
my sig pic is timely again

Nellie_Fox
04-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Ah, the dinosaur jokes. They never get old.

Rocky Soprano
04-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Carl was at the Sun-times memorabilia show a few weeks ago, had him autograph my World Series ball. Nice as could be. Oh well.

My brother and I met him at Sox Fest, well at the bar, and he was beyond friendly.

johnnyg83
04-26-2011, 12:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6430043

tstrike2000
04-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Man, not good.

Big Hurt so good
04-26-2011, 12:45 PM
sucks for him... i miss that guy... love him or hate him, he brought that nasty/won't take any crap attitude that kept the 2005 squad on edge...

if we had a guy like him this year or last year maybe things are different?

Rocky Soprano
04-26-2011, 12:48 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=127609

Carneyman14
04-26-2011, 01:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6430043

thomas35forever
04-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Sadly, I can't say I'm surprised.

Nellie_Fox
04-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Apparently we're going to spend the day merging Carl Everett threads.

Taliesinrk
04-26-2011, 02:28 PM
It's too bad. I absolutely loved him as a player. In fact (as someone has already mentioned), I think this is the type of leader the Sox are missing. I remember when the Sox let Carl go, he spoke honestly about how he didn't think the Sox would be successful the next year and everyone here viewed him (his remarks) similar to as they have with Bobby Jenks this year (plus way too many dinosaur jokes). But he didn't get personal and (IIRC) was very matter-of-fact in his statements. The Sox missed the playoffs that year.

palehosepub
04-26-2011, 02:51 PM
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-mlb/20110426/Carl.Everett.Arrested/

Arrested for allegedly holding a gun to his wife's head.

Carneyman14
04-26-2011, 03:00 PM
somehow my thread got removed????

ComiskeyBrewer
04-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Search is your friend guys.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=127609

Nellie_Fox
04-26-2011, 04:40 PM
somehow my thread got removed????
No, it got merged into the thread that already existed on the topic, and that had already been merged with yet another thread on the topic.

DickAllen72
04-26-2011, 04:53 PM
sucks for him... i miss that guy... love him or hate him, he brought that nasty/won't take any crap attitude that kept the 2005 squad on edge...

I luv that guy and I miss him too. The Sox have been lacking that type of clubhouse presence/leadership since he's been gone.

fisk4ever
04-26-2011, 04:54 PM
my sig pic is timely again
That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the headline on the web. :smile:

Carneyman14
04-26-2011, 05:03 PM
No, it got merged into the thread that already existed on the topic, and that had already been merged with yet another thread on the topic.

right now I got it

dickallen15
04-26-2011, 05:24 PM
Putting a gun to your wife's head is nothing noble. Carl shows his true colors. Thank God he didn't pull the trigger.

Lip Man 1
04-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Thank God he didn't pull the trigger, very true but this incident has nothing to do with Carl and his time on the Sox in 05.

I appreciated what he brought to the field and the intensity he had in the clubhouse. The Sox could use three of him in the clubhouse today. Maybe these guys wouldn't be "tipping their cap" as much to pitchers.

Lip

soltrain21
04-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Thank God he didn't pull the trigger, very true but this incident has nothing to do with Carl and his time on the Sox in 05.

I appreciated what he brought to the field and the intensity he had in the clubhouse. The Sox could use three of him in the clubhouse today. Maybe these guys wouldn't be "tipping their cap" as much to pitchers.

Lip

They'd just be tipping their gat.

dickallen15
04-26-2011, 09:46 PM

Lip
You're right, but it does show what kind of guy he really is.

Brian26
04-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Putting a gun to your wife's head is nothing noble. Carl shows his true colors. Thank God he didn't pull the trigger.

You're right, but it does show what kind of guy he really is.

By no means am I defending that specific action, but none of us know what the circumstances of the situation were or the exact context of what happened. None of us were there. The truth probably is somewhere in the middle, and most likely there is a fair amount of blame to go around between the wife and Carl. I'll leave it at that.

HomeFish
04-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Carl Everett never caused any trouble on the south side of Chicago. Except maybe for the Houston Astros that one time.

Sadly this seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

dickallen15
04-27-2011, 12:11 AM
By no means am I defending that specific action, but none of us know what the circumstances of the situation were or the exact context of what happened. None of us were there. The truth probably is somewhere in the middle, and most likely there is a fair amount of blame to go around between the wife and Carl. I'll leave it at that.

If his wife did something to "deserve having a gun held to her head" she would be in jail also. No need to defend a moron just because he used to play for the White Sox. He is what he is.

Falstaff
04-27-2011, 12:31 AM

I agree, and in that light it makes sense when Carl said (2006) that the
White Sox would not repeat WS victory now that he was no longer on the team. Crazy Carl may have been the emotional sparkpug.

Taliesinrk
04-27-2011, 02:46 AM

Everything you said is correct, but since no one has claimed that his wife is innocent, or made the claim that there weren't any reasons he felt compelled to take the alleged actions, there's no need to say what you did (IMO, of course). I think it only serves to give the implication that there are circumstances that could potentially warrant holding a gun to the head of your wife of nearly 20 years... which, while there may be a couple, they're so few and far between that I think we can pretty much assume they weren't in play here. I feel very comfortable in saying that what he's accused of doing should never happen, regardless of the context.

EDIT: ... but I'm also confident that there is blame (however minimal it may be) to also be placed on someone besides just Carl Everett.

Soxfest
04-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Everett was a jerk and will always be one.

sox1970
09-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Yikes...

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/090811-Former-Texas-Ranger-Carl-Everett-Arrested-Again

GlassSox
09-08-2011, 11:58 PM
Family violence....bad bad bad Carl

PeteWard
09-09-2011, 03:47 AM
Ah, the dinosaur jokes. They never get old.

When someone takes such a ludicrous position as Everett did on dinosaurs he deserves never to hear the end of it.

PeteWard
09-09-2011, 03:49 AM

Lip

Like the throat slashing gesture towards Phil Garner in the Series? Yeah, what a great presence. :rolleyes:

Madvora
09-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Yikes...

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/090811-Former-Texas-Ranger-Carl-Everett-Arrested-Again
Good thing they mentioned the square footage of his home in that article. That'll probably play a big part in his criminal trial.

Chez
09-09-2011, 10:04 AM

Lip

Maybe his lawyer will use the well-established "vocal leader" defense.

DSpivack
09-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Good thing they mentioned the square footage of his home in that article. That'll probably play a big part in his criminal trial.

Is Hawk a prosecutor now?

Lip Man 1
09-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Pete:

If memory serves the throat slashing gesture was after the Astros threw and hit Crede. he was sticking up for a teammate. Given the number of Sox players getting hit (like last night) without repercussions someone who can defend them is probably needed...it looks like that's beyond Ozzie.

Lip

Nellie_Fox
09-10-2011, 01:49 AM
When someone takes such a ludicrous position as Everett did on dinosaurs he deserves never to hear the end of it.I deserve to hear the end of the "joke," and I doubt Carl is on here to read it.

Falstaff
09-10-2011, 02:31 AM

In 2006 when they did not bring Carl Everett back for another season on white sox he said something like "I guarantee they will not repeat as champions without me on the team..." Everyone here laughed said it was just "Crazy Carl" talking, but eh, more than a shovel full of truth to that statement as well as your observation. Hope he has a lawyer.

thomas35forever
09-10-2011, 02:41 AM
When someone takes such a ludicrous position as Everett did on dinosaurs he deserves never to hear the end of it.
Is that where the "Crazy Carl" nickname came from or was he called that already?

LongLiveFisk
09-10-2011, 08:54 AM

My brother and I met him at Sox Fest, well at the bar, and he was beyond friendly.

I had a very positive experience meeting him too. Evidently he's a great guy as long as you don't piss him off. :tongue:

dickallen15
09-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Carl played for the White Sox therefore he can't be an *******. Pointing guns at his wife's head, beating family members, he didn't do anything wrong, its something that goes on in every single household. And of course, getting rid of him cost the Sox another championship or 3, nevermind he never won again (or previously) and was released in July of 2006 after hitting .227 for Seattle. No one was smart enough to pick him up.

He's just a innocent victim. We don't know the whole story. Its not his fault. It can't be. He was on the White Sox WS team.

Lip Man 1
09-10-2011, 11:30 AM
OK.....

:?:

Lip

TommyJohn
09-10-2011, 11:37 AM
OK.....

Lip

Ahhh...yah. That's exactly what I thought.

Lip Man 1
09-10-2011, 11:56 AM
TJ:

I don't read anything like what Dick was postulating from the responses here.

He seems to be a bad individual...and that's seperate from what he did on the field with the White Sox six years ago.

And some feel that Everett filled a needed void on the club when he was here and that the Sox have lacked that since.

That is a different issue from his off the field actions which I don't see anybody applauding do you?

Lip

TommyJohn
09-10-2011, 01:09 PM
TJ:

I don't read anything like what Dick was postulating from the responses here.

He seems to be a bad individual...and that's seperate from what he did on the field with the White Sox six years ago.

And some feel that Everett filled a needed void on the club when he was here and that the Sox have lacked that since.

That is a different issue from his off the field actions which I don't see anybody applauding do you?

Lip

Actually, when I responded "that's what I thought" I was saying that my reaction to his post was the same as yours. Nothing that I read came even remotely close to what he was saying.

PeteWard
09-10-2011, 01:46 PM
I deserve to hear the end of the "joke," and I doubt Carl is on here to read it.

fair enough.

Brian26
09-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Carl played for the White Sox therefore he can't be an *******. Pointing guns at his wife's head, beating family members, he didn't do anything wrong, its something that goes on in every single household. And of course, getting rid of him cost the Sox another championship or 3, nevermind he never won again (or previously) and was released in July of 2006 after hitting .227 for Seattle. No one was smart enough to pick him up.

He's just a innocent victim. We don't know the whole story. Its not his fault. It can't be. He was on the White Sox WS team.

You got one thing correct in this entire ignorant post.

Now, stop while you're ahead.

DumpJerry
09-10-2011, 02:44 PM

Now you see why people look for teal. I know you're being sarcastic, but I guess some don't.

doublem23
09-10-2011, 03:12 PM

Outstanding

TheVulture
09-12-2011, 02:13 AM
Carl Everett isn't really in trouble. They just print that to test our faith.