PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday game at NYY will be on CSN Plus then moves CSN Plus 2

Fenway
04-25-2011, 05:38 PM
http://www.csnchicago.com/images/155760.jpg

April 26th White Sox at NYY

coverage begins at 6:00 on ComcastSportsNet Plus (CSN+) and Comcast SportsNet Plus2 (CSN+2) with Ken "Hawk" Harrelson and Steve Stone calling all the action from Yankee Stadium.

At 8:30, the game will move exclusively to CSN+2, where Galaxie White Sox Postgame Live can be seen following the final out.

Those with WOW will not see the end of the game....

Otherwise
COMCAST 100 ( if available)
AT&T 691
DirecTV 667
Dish 450
RCN 373
WOW not offered

robertks61
04-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Those with WOW are most lucky!

kevingrt
04-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Does it really matter? I'm sticking with only Bulls and Hawks on my television sets. I don't care what the Sox do, until I see a no-hitter going into the 8th.

SephClone89
04-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Does it really matter? I'm sticking with only Bulls and Hawks on my television sets. I don't care what the Sox do, until I see a no-hitter going into the 8th.

Plenty of people don't give a **** about either the Bulls or Hawks. Of course it damn well matters.

Hitmen77
04-25-2011, 09:09 PM
That probably means no HD broadcast, at least for Comcast customers, when they switch to "Plus 2". Not that we're really missing much with this team.:angry:

Lamp81
04-26-2011, 01:24 PM
The Bulls, Hawks, and Sox are all supposed to be on CSN tonight. They are shipping the Sox to CSN+2. I understand the other 2 teams are in the playoffs.

Why I don't think it is fair though, the Bulls are also being shown on TNT and the Hawks are being shown on Versus. The only place to see the Sox is on CSN+2. How about giving them a little more love and show them on a channel that Directv (and I'm sure other providers) shows in HD.

Why not offer WCIU the deal that WGN does, so the Sox get seen and CSN gets paid?

Also, since the Sox start at 6 and the Hawks start at 9, I am hoping CSN at least shows the Sox game on CSN or CSN+ until the puck actually drops. They could also show the Sox to the completion of their game. If there is any overlap, direct Hawks fans to Versus, which is a sister station to CSN. When the Sox game is over and Hawk fans want to listen to local coverage, they can switch back. You can also tell I'm not a hockey fan, and don't plan on watching the Hawks at all. I do wish them well though.

SephClone89
04-26-2011, 01:30 PM
A handful of threads down...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=127589

http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/three_for_all

doublem23
04-26-2011, 01:31 PM
CSN and Versus aren't really sister stations, CSN's majority owners are the Sox, Bulls, Hawks, and Cubs. Comcast/NBC Universal own a small stake in the channel.

Fenway
04-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Versus is showing Buffalo-Philly Game 7

jdm2662
04-26-2011, 01:35 PM
CSN has the right to show a local broadcast of the respective teams games. They sure as hell are not going to turn down the revenues. This is especially since both teams have been drawing very good numbers.

Lamp81
04-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Versus is showing Buffalo-Philly Game 7

NHL.com is showing the Hawks game as VS game at 10et

sullythered
04-26-2011, 01:43 PM
The Hawks and Bulls are setting ratings records. It would be foolish of them to put the Sox on the main channel.

Lamp81
04-26-2011, 01:47 PM
A handful of threads down...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=127589

http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/three_for_all

Sorry, didn't see the prior thread. If mods want to merge or delete, so be it.

soltrain21
04-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Putting the Sox on a main channel and not giving a local broadcast to the Bulls or Blackhawks would be, arguably, one of the biggest mistakes in Chicago television history.

KenBerryGrab
04-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Out of market, MLB Network will have Sox-Yanks tonight.

Fenway
04-26-2011, 01:54 PM
NHL.com is showing the Hawks game as VS game at 10et

They showing both - Boston-Montreal you need Center Ice tonight

I don't know what Versus will do if Boston-Mont goes to 7 as they also have Pitt-Tampa

Milw
04-26-2011, 02:03 PM
This is why I'm rooting against the Hawks tonight. Nothing against them, but I'm opposed to anything that impedes my ability to watch the Sox.

So, go.... who are they playing? Red Wings? Whatever.

CSN+2 my ass.

DSpivack
04-26-2011, 02:32 PM
This is why I'm rooting against the Hawks tonight. Nothing against them, but I'm opposed to anything that impedes my ability to watch the Sox.

CSN+2 my ass.

Except that Bulls/Hawks ratings will dwarf whatever the Sox would do tonight. Follow the money.

Lamp81
04-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Here is my main point, I want to watch the Sox in HD. Directv doesn't show CSN+2 in HD. And I'm sure most of the other TV providers, don't give CSN+2 an HD channel. The Hawks and Bulls are available on other channels, also in HD, while the Sox are not.:angry:

Why couldn't CSN offer WCIU the same deal that WGN does. CSN produces, and WCIU gets to show a few of their own commercials.

As a Sox fan who cares only a little about the Bulls and much less about the Hawks, I want the Sox to be shown by CSN in HD.:angry:

When the Sox are in the playoffs, they aren't shown on CSN, only on TBS or FOX. Even in 2000 when the Playoffs vs. Mariners was shown on ESPN and WGN, it was just a simulcast of the ESPN announcers, it wasn't Hawk and DJ.

kobo
04-26-2011, 03:19 PM

CSN+2 my ass.
Yes, root against the Hawks for something that has absolutely nothing to do with them. :rolleyes:

Here is my main point, I want to watch the Sox in HD. Directv doesn't show CSN+2 in HD. And I'm sure most of the other TV providers, don't give CSN+2 an HD channel. The Hawks and Bulls are available on other channels, also in HD, while the Sox are not.:angry:

Why couldn't CSN offer WCIU the same deal that WGN does. CSN produces, and WCIU gets to show a few of their own commercials.

As a Sox fan who cares only a little about the Bulls and much less about the Hawks, I want the Sox to be shown by CSN in HD.:angry:

When the Sox are in the playoffs, they aren't shown on CSN, only on TBS or FOX. Even in 2000 when the Playoffs vs. Mariners was shown on ESPN and WGN, it was just a simulcast of the ESPN announcers, it wasn't Hawk and DJ.
That is due to the TV contract MLB has with the networks. NHL and NBA are different; they give the option of watching the national telecast or watching the local telecast. The Sox game is a regular season game in April, Hawks and Bulls are both playoff games with a chance for both teams to win their series tonight. I don't understand how anyone can choose to watch a baseball game over playoff hockey or basketball. Be happy the Sox are even going to be on TV.

doublem23
04-26-2011, 03:23 PM
That is due to the TV contract MLB has with the networks. NHL and NBA are different; they give the option of watching the national telecast or watching the local telecast. The Sox game is a regular season game in April, Hawks and Bulls are both playoff games with a chance for both teams to win their series tonight. I don't understand how anyone can choose to watch a baseball game over playoff hockey or basketball. Be happy the Sox are even going to be on TV.

Seriously, this is straight out of Louis CK's "Everything is Amazing, Nobody's Happy" bit.

YOU MEAN I HAVE TO SCHEDULE MY LIFE AROUND THREE SPORTS GAME TONIGHT, GOD DAMN IT ALL TO HELL

kobo
04-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Seriously, this is straight out of Louis CK's "Everything is Amazing, Nobody's Happy" bit.

YOU MEAN I HAVE TO SCHEDULE MY LIFE AROUND THREE SPORTS GAME TONIGHT, GOD DAMN IT ALL TO HELL
:rolling:

Nice. Very nice.

SephClone89
04-26-2011, 03:39 PM

CSN+2 my ass.

Except that Bulls/Hawks ratings will dwarf whatever the Sox would do tonight. Follow the money.

What does this have to do with his point? Why should he care about how much money CSN makes?

I don't understand how anyone can choose to watch a baseball game over playoff hockey or basketball.

You really don't understand this? Really? It's not that complicated.

Milw
04-26-2011, 03:42 PM
I didn't say I don't understand it. I'm saying I hope the Blackhawks lose tonight so I don't have to deal with it for the next six weeks.

DSpivack
04-26-2011, 03:44 PM
What does this have to do with his point? Why should he care about how much money CSN makes?

I don't really understand why someone should think a baseball game would take precedence over a playoff hockey/basketball game.

I understand the disappointment, sure.

That said, I also don't see why they can't have a scenario worked out where, in a situation like this, the Sox game can't be moved to WCIU.

Also, for those harping on the Sox not being in HD, how about a playoff game not being in HD? When the games overlap, approximately from 9-9:45, one of the two playoff games won't be in HD, either [at least for most of the audience].

DSpivack
04-26-2011, 03:44 PM
I didn't say I don't understand it. I'm saying I hope the Blackhawks lose tonight so I don't have to deal with it for the next six weeks.

Hopefully the Bulls and Hawks schedules don't overlap from here on out.

Milw
04-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Yes, root against the Hawks for something that has absolutely nothing to do with them. :rolleyes:
Like I said, I don't care about the Hawks one way or another. The fact is, the further into the playoffs they go, the more my ability to enjoy White Sox baseball is impeded. So screw 'em.

kobo
04-26-2011, 03:49 PM
No, I understand, I just think it's dumb. To each their own.

SephClone89
04-26-2011, 03:51 PM
No, I understand, I just think it's dumb. To each their own.

How is it dumb for someone to watch (presumably) their favourite sport over something they have absolutely no interest in?

I don't reprimand people for watching regular season baseball over the Champions League final, for example.

DSpivack
04-26-2011, 04:01 PM
How is it dumb for someone to watch (presumably) their favourite sport over something they have absolutely no interest in?

I don't reprimand people for watching regular season baseball over the Champions League final, for example.

Because all of them are in the same market and, with games broadcast on the same station simultaneously, they're in direct competition. When that happens, the playoff game(s) should pretty much always take precedence.

One person watching the Champions League Final on Fox in the morning does not necessarily conflict with a game on Fox later in the day, or a baseball game on a different station altogether.

And favourite? Really?

Milw
04-26-2011, 04:03 PM

:clap:

I'm sure there are people who think we're dumb for watching baseball over American Idol or some such nonsense. That's fine, but if American Idol were what was bumping the Sox to freaking CSN+2, I'd be ranting against it just as much as I'm ranting against the Blackhawks.

SephClone89
04-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Because all of them are in the same market and, with games broadcast on the same station simultaneously, they're in direct competition. When that happens, the playoff game(s) should pretty much always take precedence.

Nobody is arguing about whether or not the playoff games should take precedence. Milw is just arguing that because he doesn't give a damn about those sports, he thinks it's unfortunate for him personally that he doesn't get to watch the Sox.

One person watching the Champions League Final on Fox in the morning does not necessarily conflict with a game on Fox later in the day, or a baseball game on a different station altogether.It was a hypothetical, that wasn't addressing money issues on a TV station. It was just about viewer preference. Nobody is "dumb" for wanting to watch one thing over another, if they're just watching the thing they're interested in. BTW, before last year the CL final was always at 8 GMT on a Wednesday...so it would interfere with day baseball.

And favourite? Really?I've already addressed this a half-dozen times on here and I'm not going through it again.

Lamp81
04-26-2011, 04:29 PM
It's not that the Sox be a priority over an NBA or NHL playoff game. But those NBA and NHL games are available, on HD even, on other networks.

The Sox aren't on a national HD channel tonight, so CSN should give the Sox an HD channel for the complete game! For those that don't like it, turn on Versus or TNT!

Or move the game to WCIU. Is there any reason WCIU wouldn't want to show the Sox game tonight? It is against the Yankees, who should be a higher rating than teams like the Rays or Royals.

soltrain21
04-26-2011, 04:32 PM
It's not that the Sox be a priority over an NBA or NHL playoff game. But those NBA and NHL games are available, on HD even, on other networks.

The Sox aren't on a national HD channel tonight, so CSN should give the Sox an HD channel for the complete game! For those that don't like it, turn on Versus or TNT!

CSN would be ****ing stupid to dedicate a channel to the White Sox tonight. Do you realize how much money CSN is making tonight from advertising?

Seriously, every executive at CSN Chicago would be fired if they didn't show the Hawks or Bulls in favor of an April White Sox game.

chisoxfanatic
04-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Also, since the Sox start at 6 and the Hawks start at 9, I am hoping CSN at least shows the Sox game on CSN or CSN+ until the puck actually drops. They could also show the Sox to the completion of their game. If there is any overlap, direct Hawks fans to Versus, which is a sister station to CSN. When the Sox game is over and Hawk fans want to listen to local coverage, they can switch back. You can also tell I'm not a hockey fan, and don't plan on watching the Hawks at all. I do wish them well though.
Uhhhh, there is a scheduled Blackhawks Pregame Live, so there will be no showing the Sox game until the puck actually drops. Blackhawks Pregame Live starts promptly at 8:30, so if the Sox game is going on past then, it WILL be moved to CSN+2.

CSN+2 my ass.
http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/
You CLEARLY don't understand the broadcasting regulations of the NHL (and perhaps the NBA is the same). In the first round of the NHL playoffs for US markets, the local cable channel carries their games, and the Versus feed is blocked out locally as a result. This isn't just a Chicago thing, but a NATIONAL thing (i.e. Fenway's Bruins will be seen on NESN and Versus will be blacked out in Boston for that game, for another example).

The HD argument is really silly as well. If you REALLY care enough about a team, you will watch it regardless of if it's aired in HD or SD.

soltrain21
04-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Uhhhh, there is a scheduled Blackhawks Pregame Live, so there will be no showing the Sox game until the puck actually drops. Blackhawks Pregame Live starts promptly at 8:30, so if the Sox game is going on past then, it WILL be moved to CSN+2.

http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/

You CLEARLY don't understand the broadcasting regulations of the NHL (and perhaps the NBA is the same). In the first round of the NHL playoffs for US markets, the local cable channel carries their games, and the Versus feed is blocked out locally as a result. This isn't just a Chicago thing, but a NATIONAL thing (i.e. Fenway's Bruins will be seen on NESN and Versus will be blacked out in Boston for that game, for another example).

The HD argument is really silly as well. If you REALLY care enough about a team, you will watch it regardless of if it's aired in HD or SD.

Not really. SD is terrible after seeing anything in HD.

chisoxfanatic
04-26-2011, 05:11 PM
Not really. SD is terrible after seeing anything in HD.
I've seen things in HD, and I still disagree. I don't mind one way or the other. It certainly is not a necessity.

Milw
04-26-2011, 05:32 PM
And I will. I won't enjoy it nearly as much, though.

I dunno, if you REALLY care enough about watching hockey, you will watch it regardless of if it's aired in HD or SD, right?

Whatever, hopefully the Hawks lose tonight and this doesn't become an issue again until next April.

chisoxfanatic
04-26-2011, 05:34 PM
I dunno, if you REALLY care enough about watching hockey, you will watch it regardless of if it's aired in HD or SD, right?
Absolutely, and I do. Being able to just watch the game is all that matters to me.

soltrain21
04-26-2011, 05:34 PM
And I will. I won't enjoy it nearly as much, though.

Whatever, hopefully the Hawks lose tonight and this doesn't become an issue again until next April.

I like your moxie.

GoGoCrede
04-26-2011, 06:01 PM
I understand why they're switching over, even though it may piss off some of the fanbase. Don't care about the playoffs, but I'll switch between the Sox and the Bulls, just because. I'm sure WSI will keep me updated when it comes to the scores.

rookie
04-26-2011, 08:33 PM

Thank you.

This is an awesome Tuesday. I'll even watch the Hawks game even though I'm not a hockey fan. I love the story of them fighting back. You mean I can flip between Sox vs. Yankees in their battle to get their stuff back together against a team that should have continued their losing streak. Bulls needing to take care of business and the whole Rose/ankle story. And the Hawks' rebound. Who cares if one of those games aren't in HD? Shoot, I want ALL of the Chicago teams to win today, even the one I don't care for.

Milw
04-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Yeah, thanks "CSN+2" for cutting the feed in the bottom of the 9th inning of a one-run game. Wow.

Eff the effing Blackhawks. I'm absolutely furious right now. :angry:

EDIT: OK, it came back after about 5 minutes. Still. Awful.

StillMissOzzie
04-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Yeah, thanks "CSN+2" for cutting the feed in the bottom of the 9th inning of a one-run game. Wow.

Eff the effing Blackhawks. I'm absolutely furious right now. :angry:

EDIT: OK, it came back after about 5 minutes. Still. Awful.

I went to CSN+2 and the quality was pathetic. When I got any audio at all, I had to crank the volume up to 40 (normal listening level is 15 or so), and then the picture popped in and out to a black screen. Great job, CSN!

SMO
:gulp:

Lamp81
04-26-2011, 10:13 PM
1st off, let me say sorry for complaining about dual coverage of the Blackhawks. Their Versus feed was blacked out for me. My complaint of the Bulls was valid, as the TNT feed was available in Chicago.

But I thought it was BS to push the Sox for Hockey talk. How about keep the Sox game on until the puck drops. We had to watch one of the most exciting 1/2 innings of Sox baseball, this year, in crappy SD. And the Hawks hadn't even started playing, it was just pre-game.:angry:

DSpivack
04-26-2011, 10:21 PM
1st off, let me say sorry for complaining about dual coverage of the Blackhawks. Their Versus feed was blacked out for me. My complaint of the Bulls was valid, as the TNT feed was available in Chicago.

But I thought it was BS to push the Sox for Hockey talk. How about keep the Sox game on until the puck drops. We had to watch one of the most exciting 1/2 innings of Sox baseball, this year, in crappy SD. And the Hawks hadn't even started playing, it was just pre-game.:angry:

What I really don't understand, is that CSN+2, at least for me on RCN, was an alternate station for the Big Ten Network. I also got that channel in HD, but the HD version was showing some Penn St. programming that surely not one being, human, canine, feline, or otherwise, was watching.

cnw8052
04-26-2011, 11:41 PM
I didn't get to see the last inning at all. Comcast cable here in Rock Falls didn't have a channel for CSN+2. Therefore I missed those catches Lillibridge made. :angry::angry::angry:

cards press box
04-27-2011, 12:34 AM
I went to CSN+2 and the quality was pathetic. When I got any audio at all, I had to crank the volume up to 40 (normal listening level is 15 or so), and then the picture popped in and out to a black screen. Great job, CSN!

SMO
:gulp:

Yeah, CSN+2 was pretty weak -- no audio, no HD and a frozen screen at key moments in the 9th inning. At least they got the picture going by the last two outs, though.

Lamp81
04-27-2011, 10:18 AM
I didn't get to see the last inning at all. Comcast cable here in Rock Falls didn't have a channel for CSN+2. Therefore I missed those catches Lillibridge made. :angry::angry::angry:

But did they carry the channel that kicked the Sox off, so they could TALK about hockey? Did you get CSN+?

kittle42
04-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Can we stop the silly whining about this, already? I mean, I know CSN has had to deal with the angry, torch-wielding mobs outside their doors for the last 24 hours. Maybe you should all go there and join them.

SephClone89
04-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Everyone complaining in this thread has to have some sympathy for us living downstate with cable. Thanks to being down at school tomorrow night's game is the only one of the series I'm able to see. No WCIU or CSN+ down here.

voodoochile
04-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Games over, this thread is dead...