PDA

View Full Version : Trade Lee

Pete Ward
07-07-2002, 01:00 PM
Fla is going to move Floyd. Even tho I like him he has the Sox listed as 1 of 6 teams he can veto a trade to.

So........

Call FLA now and offer C.Lee and whatever its gonna take to get Penny or Dempster for C.Lee.

This would allow Fla to trade Floyd w/o having to get a LF back.

The Sox could put Liefer in LF to platoon with Rowand.

WhiteSoxWinner
07-07-2002, 01:29 PM
This board has been calling for a move of Lee all season. I agree. Send him anywhere and get some of these young guys (Rowand, Liefer, Crede) a spot with the big league club. We have a log jam up here, and we need to turn some of this unused talent into pieces we need.

(Note: I am not saying put Liefer or Crede in LF to replace Lee, I just want them to have a better chance at getting meaningful AB's, and Lee's being gone fom team would help that.)

MattSharp
07-07-2002, 01:35 PM
Hmmm, that isn't a half bad idea. I wouldn't mind getting Brad Penny at all, but I am sure they would want some of our other young pitchers or something. Not just straight up for Lee.

LongDistanceFan
07-07-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner

(Note: I am not saying put Liefer or Crede in LF to replace Lee, I just want them to have a better chance at getting meaningful AB's, and Lee's being gone fom team would help that.) having lee gone, how would that help crede?

Bucktown
07-07-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
This board has been calling for a move of Lee all season. I agree. Send him anywhere and get some of these young guys (Rowand, Liefer, Crede) a spot with the big league club. We have a log jam up here, and we need to turn some of this unused talent into pieces we need.

(Note: I am not saying put Liefer or Crede in LF to replace Lee, I just want them to have a better chance at getting meaningful AB's, and Lee's being gone fom team would help that.)
I may be cranky because of the way the Sox are playing, but I am going to take it out on the post.

HELLO! Carlos Lee IS one of the "young guys." Look at these birthdates:

Carlos Lee: 6/20/76
Joe Crede: 04/26/78
Jeff Leifer: 08/17/74
Aaron Rowand: 08/29/77

Lee is younger than Leifer and less than a year older than Rowand and he is better than both. The same logic behind the "Trade Lee" movement is the logic used to get Todd Ritchie because Kip Wells wasn't developing quick enough. That is the logic that killed this team for 2002 and the foreseaable future.

Lee is the least of our worries. It is the so called veterans that have killed this team. Thomas, Royce "wait until we are out of the race until I start hitting" Clayton, Jose Valentin, Mark Johnson.

Lee is having a disappointing season, but he is still over .250. Which is more than can be said for those others.

Heck, Leifer's career average is less than .250. Lee outslugged him in the minors and he has outslugged him in the majors. What ed logic (other than wishful thinking) beleives he would give the team "more meaningful at-bats?"

pudge
07-07-2002, 04:36 PM
My real problem with Lee is his defense... no arm, how many runners at the plate could a decent arm have gotten so far this season? So, if you can swing Penny or Dempster for Lee and whoever, I say go for it. Hey, do the Pirates need a LF? Maybe we could get this kid named Kip Wells....

Pete Ward
07-07-2002, 05:31 PM
Lee is having a disappointing season, but he is still over .250. Which is more than can be said for those others.

Agreed... Trade all their asses!

Big "Baby" Thomas should move on.

Valentin is not an answer at SS or 3B.

M. Johnson is a spare part

Clayton sux and is gone anyway after the season, so move him now.

Durham can move along also.

Maybe Im cranky but Im sick of this emotionless bunch of underachieving overpaid crybabies. Its time to retool this under achieving bunch. Oh the hell with it, let them strike!

Its just that we are so close to being a dominating team and could control the division for a long time.

GOD! We have a sh*thead for an owner! I hate being a Sox fan!

whew................. that felt better

LongDistanceFan
07-07-2002, 05:32 PM
i for one can't wait until they strike............. but that is me.

Pete Ward
07-07-2002, 05:43 PM
LongDistanceFan i for one can't wait until they strike............. but that is me.

Right with you! Ive been a Sox fan sine 1963. But its about done for me.

If they strike/lock them out......

FIX IT FOR GOOD!

Im mean fix it all and be done with it:

Free agency
Drugs
Arbitration
Drafting world wide
Salary Cap
Revenue sharing
DH or NOT!
Contraction
Juiced balls
Elbow Pads/ Body Armor
What did I leave out

Take a few years if you want.......... but fix it!

Bunch of overpaid underachieving athletes! Bring on the NFL!