Fenway
04-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Props to FOX - this is one funny promo

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150224081243000

cws05champ
04-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Props to FOX - this is one funny promo

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150224081243000

It's funny....but McCarver may actually be more palatable with that voice than his usual drivel. Regardless I boycott Fox Saturday baseball because of the blackouts to the rest of baseball. With so many channels with carriers like Directv and comcast they could broadcast the Fox regional games wherever they want, and get the ad revenue from all the broadcasts.

Down here in south Florida I get the Yankees, Mets or Red Sox EVERY Saturday.:bs:

SI1020
04-21-2011, 02:03 PM
McCarver and Buck drive me to the edge. The mute button is a beautiful thing.

asindc
04-21-2011, 02:06 PM
It's funny....but McCarver may actually be more palatable with that voice than his usual drivel. Regardless I boycott Fox Saturday baseball because of the blackouts to the rest of baseball. With so many channels with carriers like Directv and comcast they could broadcast the Fox regional games wherever they want, and get the ad revenue from all the broadcasts.

Down here in south Florida I get the Yankees, Mets or Red Sox EVERY Saturday.:bs:

Ditto for the DC market.

Huisj
04-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Ditto for the DC market.

We get all kinds of random crap here in MI. Last week, it was TB-Min, even if the Sox game hadn't been delayed. How is that regional coverage? There have been so many times in the last decade when local stations picked a completely meaningless game of far away teams over the Sox.

I still fail to understand how Fox restricting their product on Saturdays so that people can't see the games they want to see helps them or baseball or fans or anyone.

downstairs
04-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Joe Buck can actually be funny in a lot of their commercials.

ChiSoxGal85
04-21-2011, 02:29 PM
:rolling: That was awesome.

Nellie_Fox
04-21-2011, 02:39 PM
We get all kinds of random crap here in MI. Last week, it was TB-Min, even if the Sox game hadn't been delayed. How is that regional coverage?They're east-coasters. Michigan, Minnesota, same thing. One of those cold states out in the middle of the continent somewhere.

palehozenychicty
04-22-2011, 05:28 PM
We get all kinds of random crap here in MI. Last week, it was TB-Min, even if the Sox game hadn't been delayed. How is that regional coverage? There have been so many times in the last decade when local stations picked a completely meaningless game of far away teams over the Sox.

I still fail to understand how Fox restricting their product on Saturdays so that people can't see the games they want to see helps them or baseball or fans or anyone.

The TV marketplace for MLB is absurd. They constantly throw attendance records out there to justify it, but nobody can deny that they do an awful job of promoting the game.