PDA

View Full Version : Pure Baseball?

SlowMotion
04-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Don't know how much good it is that the organization can openly see that its most fervent fans are frustrated with the manager of the team and the cyclical nature of the way the Sox play each year and yet sit pat and do nothing year after year. Then again, we're all most likely to be fans no matter what.

Fans, maybe. But much less willing to go to games, buy concessions or t-shirts etc. If I'm not happy with the team/organization, I flat out don't go to games. I went to one last year and don't plan on going to any this year yet.

One of the guys on the Boers show said this morning how from a pure baseball fan standpoint, it will be more exciting to watch the Cubs this year than the Sox, and for once I couldn't agree more. Starlin Castro is a ridiculous hitter, and aside from that abomination Carlos Pena, they have a good deal of exciting young talent on the team. Marmol is one of the best/exciting closers in the game partly because of his inconsistent nature and partly because of how utterly dominant he is when he's missing bats. Soriano refuses stop trying to put together a truly great season and so far he's doing alright. Zambrano is always fun/funny to watch in that train wreck sort of way.

Then you have the lifeless Sox where the most drama they've put together so far in the past two seasons is Ozzie/Oney-Gate and the Kenny/Ozzie drama.

doublem23
04-21-2011, 10:18 AM
One of the guys on the Boers show said this morning how from a pure baseball fan standpoint, it will be more exciting to watch the Cubs this year than the Sox, and for once I couldn't agree more. Starlin Castro is a ridiculous hitter, and aside from that abomination Carlos Pena, they have a good deal of exciting young talent on the team. Marmol is one of the best/exciting closers in the game partly because of his inconsistent nature and partly because of how utterly dominant he is when he's missing bats. Soriano refuses stop trying to put together a truly great season and so far he's doing alright. Zambrano is always fun/funny to watch in that train wreck sort of way.

God are you going to look foolish if the Sox pick themselves out of this collective funk.

P.S., aside from Starlin, what exciting you talent do the Cubs have? Darwin Barney? :rolling:

:chillpill: Seriously.

voodoochile
04-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Nope not gonna hijack that thread...

Since when do pure baseball fans care about drama? If anything they care about... um... baseball...:scratch:

So your post contradicts itself inside of two sentences and this along with the blatant flubbie love makes it a prime candidate for the forum it now resides in.

Enjoy...

Brian26
04-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Nope not gonna hijack that thread...

Thanks for moving this bunk out of that other thread. You beat me to it.

Marqhead
04-21-2011, 11:22 AM
I can tell you're going to have a wonderful stay here. :welcome:

SlowMotion
04-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Thanks - it's been going OK so far. :wink:

sullythered
04-21-2011, 06:38 PM
I heard some of this silliness on the radio today. Of course the Cubs are more exciting right now. The Sox are in a ridiculous hitting slump. That's never exciting to watch, but I highly doubt the hitting woes will continue all season.

Edit: as I flip to the Sox from the Bullies and see we have a 5 spot up.