PDA

View Full Version : David Wright plays catch with young fans at Turner Field

ChiSoxGirl
04-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Sometimes, it pays to get to the park before BP; you never know what'll happen. Maybe David Wright will want to play catch (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Video-David-Wright-plays-catch-with-young-Brave?urn=mlb-wp3705) with you.

manders_01
04-18-2011, 11:58 PM
It would be way cooler, in my opinion, to have that memory rather than an autograph or ball. More so because there's video of course but just to be able to go into school on Monday morning and tell your friends that you were tossing around the ball with a big leaguer would be so awesome. I wanna play catch with a big leaguer!!! :D:

palehozenychicty
04-19-2011, 06:31 AM
Nice gesture by one of the game's true gentleman. Too bad his team has been up the creek since Wainwright's curveball.

g0g0
04-19-2011, 07:35 AM
That's awesome. It's what it's all about. I hate seeing/hearing this as the exception when it should be the rule. Have fun, make your millions and don't forget why you are playing or who is paying you. Those kids will never forget this.

CLUBHOUSE KID
04-19-2011, 10:13 AM
That's awesome. It's what it's all about. I hate seeing/hearing this as the exception when it should be the rule. Have fun, make your millions and don't forget why you are playing or who is paying you. Those kids will never forget this.

Exactly. Thank you! And Wright is a great guy not just for this but he does a lot around NYC.

SlowMotion
04-19-2011, 12:30 PM
That's kind of awesome.

thomas35forever
04-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Now that is cool. For all the bad things you hear about the Mets these days, it's nice to see something like this come out.

And I agree with manders. Anyone can get an autograph from a player, but very few can say they actually played catch with one, and right before a game no less. Those kids will have quite a story to tell down the line.

Bucky F. Dent
04-21-2011, 11:26 AM
That is SO Awesome! :)

daveeym
04-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Awesome. Problems with the story though. An autograph is still something cool to have and attitudes like that lead to the future blog post, actual story, that rips him for not playing catch with the next kid or from the selfish fan whose kid was 2 kids too late. I hate what the "media" has made of this world.

Back on point though, good for Wright, that's great to see.