PDA

View Full Version : Anybody get their Sox Kids Club membership packets yet?

vinny
04-16-2011, 09:00 PM
I signed my 4-year old up in December and the email said the memberships would be sent out at the start of the 2011 season but I haven't seen anything yet, other than a steady stream of spam from MLB.com and the White Sox.

diehardRLsoxfan
04-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Nope, nothing here yet.

Bobby Thigpen
04-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Nothing here either.

lizard6king6
04-16-2011, 10:10 PM
nope

ShooterMcGavin
04-17-2011, 12:52 AM
I haven't received anything to date.

I'd imagine the Sox would want to get these tickets out as soon as possible to increase attendance during April and while kids are still in school. Apparently I'm wrong.

ewokpelts
04-18-2011, 09:02 AM
This happens EVERY YEAR. And when you get your packets in, all the aprils games(save opening day, of course), will be on the list of available games.

I know the free tix dont count towards paid attendance, but you would THINK the sox would have liked to get a few more people in the park on two of the three weekends in april. Because there are NO weekend dates after May 1. only weekday games. makes it a bit harder for .......KIDS to go to a game.

ewokpelts
04-19-2011, 07:36 AM
Mod Edit

Looks like they JUST started arriving in mailboxes. This guy in CALIFORNIA Mod Edit

The April dates listed on the vouchers? Every Game EXCEPT Opening Day from this last homestand!

Way to go sox! Why even list those dates on the vouchers if you never intended to mail these packets out until after the homestand was over?!

There was NO reason these could not have been in mailboxes before April1st.

The last two sundays had good enough weather where paraents could redeem the vouchers and take the kids to FREE game. I imagine the concessions and parking money would have helped the sox this last homestand.

And then there was frank thomas bobblehead day. Some kids could have had that for FREE if the damm vouchers went out in time!

WhiffleBall
04-19-2011, 06:23 PM
We received the package today. It's smaller than the past few years. The main gift is a small but good quality southpaw bobblehead. Also included are a black Sox hat, Sox shoelaces, a large Frank Thomas sticker, 4 ticket vouchers, and the usual stickers/temporary tattoos. Totally worth it IMHO.

Edit: Also included a black cooler lunch bag with the Sox logo.

Brian26
04-19-2011, 07:05 PM
We received the package today. It's smaller than the past few years. The main gift is a small but good quality southpaw bobblehead. Also included are a black Sox hat, Sox shoelaces, a large Frank Thomas sticker, 4 ticket vouchers, and the usual stickers/temporary tattoos. Totally worth it IMHO.

A hat and a bobblehead? That's the best package they've ever sent out.

soltrain21
04-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Showed up faster than the team did this year AMIRITE?!

Streets
04-19-2011, 07:56 PM

I'm assuming that's the paid membership package and not the free one?

Lip Man 1
04-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Just got mine today for my grandson.

Lip

WhiffleBall
04-20-2011, 08:04 AM
I'm assuming that's the paid membership package and not the free one?

Correct. This was for the paid membership. The free membership includes 2 ticket vouchers and the stickers & temp tattoos.

Lip Man 1
04-20-2011, 10:41 AM
And shoelaces

Lip

ewokpelts
04-20-2011, 03:41 PM
FREE kits came in today.

NINE home dates were wasted due to these being shipped so late. And six of those games were fri/sat/sun games.

ewokpelts
04-20-2011, 03:42 PM
The best games to redeem as of now are 4/29 - Frank Thomas Bobblehead nite, and 7/4 - 4th of July fireworks.