PDA

View Full Version : Floyd to the Expos?

Chisox_cali
07-06-2002, 03:19 PM
FLOYD (http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0706/1402728.html)

Found this part interesting:

Floyd said in the past he wasn't a fan of artificial turf, which is the surface at Olympic Stadium. But he replaced the Expos with the Giants on his no-trade list. Floyd, a 2001 All-Star, also can block a trade to the A's, White Sox , Twins, Devil Rays and Rangers, the Sentinel reported.

I know he's from Chicago...must be a Flubs Fan.

Other Marlins Available:

Gammons reports that pitcher Brad Penny is very much available. Other "names" being mentioned: All-Star second baseman Luis Castillo, first baseman Derrek Lee, outfielders Preston Wilson and Eric Owens, catcher Charles Johnson , reliever Vic Darensbourg and right-hander Julian Tavarez.

RKMeibalane
07-06-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I know he's from Chicago...must be a Flubs Fan.

That's strange. Someone said they read an article in Sports Illsutrated about him. In the article, Floyd said he grew up a passionate White Sox fan. Hmmm...

Chisox_cali
07-06-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

That's strange. Someone said they read an article in Sports Illsutrated about him. In the article, Floyd said he grew up a passionate White Sox fan. Hmmm...

Must hate JR.

CubKilla
07-06-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Must hate JR.

He may be just one of many.

MattSharp
07-07-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

Hes from the south side, and maybe he is fan, but that's not what it is all about. I mean based on the way the Sox run their organization maybe no one would want to be on their team. Its understandable I think. It has nothing to do with hating the Sox, just the idiots that ruun the team I am sure,

Paulwny
07-07-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp

It has nothing to do with hating the Sox, just the idiots that ruun the team I am sure,

How many players is this now ~4 that we know of that list the sox as "no trade". I wonder how many players have the sox on their list. JR's rep may be a detriment to KW making a meaningful trade.

Lip Man 1
07-07-2002, 01:44 PM
For what it's worth:

I checked on the SI story on Floyd from last Summer and YES, he did grow up a passionate Sox fan. His hero according to the story was Harold Baines.

Floyd said he'd be in the stands with the rest of the fans singing that "sing song" chant of "Ha-rold...Ha-rold..."

That just shows you how disliked the Reinsdorf regime is around baseball, where a "local kid" has placed the Sox on his list of teams he can't be traded to along with Tampa Bay, Texas, Oakland, San Francisco, Minnesota and Kansas City. (Although the report stated that he'd waive that clause for a deal to the Giants...)

I also e-mailed the same info to Tribune columnists Phil Rogers.

Lip

RKMeibalane
07-07-2002, 01:50 PM
One would think all of the negativity surrounding questionable decisions by Reinsdorf and those who work for him (i.e. Krause, Williams) would serve as a wake-up call. The idea that a local kid doesn't even want to play for his child-hood rooting interest is sad. In all likelyhood, Floyd's admiration of the White Sox and Harold Baines was one of the things that drove him to be a sucessful Major League player. Yet, because of Reinsdorf, he doesn't want to come back to Chicago and play.

Reinsdorf needs to sell the team, NOW!

doublem23
07-07-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

I also e-mailed the same info to Tribune columnists Phil Rogers.

Oh, great. WHy don't you just print it out, tie it to a rock and drop it in the sewer because it might run across some more intelligent life down there.

Phil Rogers... LOL! What a shmoe!

pudge
07-07-2002, 03:39 PM
Wow, this is really bad, we really are going to suck for eternity, or at least as long as JR lives.

Lip Man 1
07-07-2002, 09:45 PM
Double 23:

The reason I sent that info to Paul Rogers is because he had a column today on Floyd and that column speculated that the reason Floyd wouldn't be coming back to Chicago was because the Sox couldn't afford him.

I let Rogers know it's because of the fact that Floyd has the Sox on his no trade list DESPITE being from Chicago and growing up a passionate Sox fan.

Lip