PDA

View Full Version : know what is funny too

Spiff
07-06-2002, 02:29 PM
this team has been relatively injury-free. i mean, sandy went down for a little while, and lofton and maggs were banged up for a couple days. that's nothing compared to the DL's that other teams (or last year's sox) have had, yet this team continues to play like garbage.

wonders never cease.

doublem23
07-06-2002, 02:36 PM
Don't give them more ammo, Spiff!

jklm
07-06-2002, 02:41 PM
Think positive! At least we are not the Yankees' farm team (yet)...

CubKilla
07-06-2002, 04:52 PM
You guys are a laugh a minute :D:

Foulke You
07-06-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Spiff
this team has been relatively injury-free. i mean, sandy went down for a little while, and lofton and maggs were banged up for a couple days. that's nothing compared to the DL's that other teams (or last year's sox) have had, yet this team continues to play like garbage.

wonders never cease.

Not to make any excuses for the "Bring your C- Game" 2002 White Sox but the Kenny Lofton injury(s) to his hamstring and shoulder were the beginning of the Sox offensive troubles. In April K-LO was hitting .380, was on base all the time, and stole a ton of bases giving us the leadoff guy we always dreamed about. Lofton started to sputter and so did the offense. It was only one guy injured but it was a big one. Plus the jury is still out on whether Frank is playing hurt right now too. I believe a healthy Lofton is one of the huge keys for the 2nd half along with Frank.