PDA

View Full Version : Picture request...

DonnieDarko
04-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Quite simply, I'm looking for a picture of the part of the outfield wall where Bobby Jenks' was a year or so ago. I googled and googled, but couldn't find anything. Could someone help me out? This is to settle a bet with my fiancee, so it would be appreciated if I could get some help on this one. :D

Brian26
04-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Quite simply, I'm looking for a picture of the part of the outfield wall where Bobby Jenks' is a year or so ago.

Bobby Jenks' what?

DonnieDarko
04-11-2011, 08:39 PM
...that "is" should be "was"...

soltrain21
04-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Quite simply, I'm looking for a picture of the part of the outfield wall where Bobby Jenks' was a year or so ago. I googled and googled, but couldn't find anything. Could someone help me out? This is to settle a bet with my fiancee, so it would be appreciated if I could get some help on this one. :D

Wasn't he only on the wall in "MLB: The Show"...?

DirtySox
04-11-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm not sure I understand what is being asked. Where Bobby Jenks was what?

DonnieDarko
04-11-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm not sure I understand what is being asked. Where Bobby Jenks was what?

Yeah, that paragraph was all messed up. Let me try again.

A few years back, I remember seeing Bobby Jenks' motif (or bust, whatever) on the outfield wall--I believe where the Walgreens sign is now? Could someone please find me a picture of it, because I can't seem to anywhere.

soltrain21
04-11-2011, 08:49 PM

A few years back, I remember seeing Bobby Jenks' motif (or bust, whatever) on the outfield wall--I believe where the Walgreens sign is now? Could someone please find me a picture of it, because I can't seem to anywhere.

I'm pretty sure that was only in MLB: The Show.

skobabe8
04-11-2011, 09:08 PM

:scratch::?:

Pay your fiancee.

pearso66
04-11-2011, 09:10 PM
This was only on MLB the Show. The only people on the outfield wall are retired numbers.

hi im skot
04-11-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm pretty sure that was only in MLB: The Show.

This was only on MLB the Show. The only people on the outfield wall are retired numbers.

Correct.

CWSpalehoseCWS
04-11-2011, 10:56 PM

It never was on the wall in real life. It was in MLB 10: The Show. They used both retired players and some of the bigger name players on the team to represent the retired numbers wall. This year retired numbers are out of the game, and they have nothing but the bigger name players on it. I know Rios, Konerko, and Quentin are three guys on it, but I can't recall the rest.

Thome_Fan
04-11-2011, 11:17 PM
It never was on the wall in real life. It was in MLB 10: The Show. They used both retired players and some of the bigger name players on the team to represent the retired numbers wall. This year retired numbers are out of the game, and they have nothing but the bigger name players on it. I know Rios, Konerko, and Quentin are three guys on it, but I can't recall the rest.

Not to hijack, but I've wondered for a while why that is. Is there some sort of weird royalty thing involved?

CWSpalehoseCWS
04-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Not to hijack, but I've wondered for a while why that is. Is there some sort of weird royalty thing involved?

I think it was something about a contract not getting done in time with the right association. There aren't any classic players in this years game. Not really complaining though, as Vizquel can finally have number 11 now as opposed to 13 the game had him use last year.

DumpJerry
04-12-2011, 07:53 AM
In the real world, the Sox only put the pictures of players whose numbers are retired on the outfield wall.

You won't see Bobby on there any time soon.

DonnieDarko
04-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Ugh, I guess that's what I get for playing too many video games--reality gets confused with fantasy. :P

Thanks anyway, people.

Chez
04-12-2011, 02:41 PM
This is one of the more unintentionally hilarious threads of the season! :D:

Jim Shorts
04-12-2011, 02:57 PM
This is one of the more unintentionally hilarious threads of the season! :D:

Yes. Yes, it was. I'm really curious now as to what was the bet. What does Donnie have to pay the fiance?

DonnieDarko
04-12-2011, 10:01 PM
$25, along with having to run around the block naked once. No big deal, right? Yeah, well, it was at her house. And she lives off of Touhy.

Le sigh. I'm just glad that I didn't get arrested. >_>

rookie
04-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Sox gals are pretty knowledgable about the game. Risky bet there.

DonnieDarko
04-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Sox gals are pretty knowledgable about the game. Risky bet there.

I know. Knowing that, I still went into it. Almost feel I should turn in my fandom right here and now for making such a stupid bet, heh.

ChiSoxGal85
04-13-2011, 01:48 PM
$25, along with having to run around the block naked once. No big deal, right? Yeah, well, it was at her house. And she lives off of Touhy.

Le sigh. I'm just glad that I didn't get arrested. >_>
:rolling: you must have been pretty darn sure of yourself to make THAT bet!

DonnieDarko
04-13-2011, 01:51 PM
I was, which is why I feel all the more stupid now. :redneck