PDA

View Full Version : 40+ years without winning the Series: best chance of winning

Railsplitter
04-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Which of the teams that had gone more than forty years without winning a World Series has the best chance of winning in the foreseable futre?

Moses_Scurry
04-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Of that group, I think the Rangers have the best chance right now, but I don't think they'll be able to do it. Their window will close and one of the other teams will have a window open. I don't know which team though. Maybe the Padres.

Railsplitter
04-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Judging by the Rangers winning the pennant last year and quick start this year, that's the team I would go with.

JermaineDye05
04-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Two years ago, I would have told you the Cubs.

They missed their window. It's really unfortunate.

It's amazing how quickly things can change in this game. Just goes to show you how bad contracts can really handcuff you.

thomas35forever
04-11-2011, 02:38 PM
As it stands now, most definitely the Rangers.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
04-11-2011, 03:00 PM
As it stands now, most definitely the Rangers.

A potent offense and good pitching....how could anyone NOT go with the Rangers right now?

downstairs
04-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Certainly the obvious choice is last year's AL champs- the Rangers. But all in all, once the door closes for them... I'd pick the Padres. They've been to the playoffs and World Series plenty of times in many different eras. Maybe the Indians too.

WhiteSox5187
04-11-2011, 04:03 PM
A potent offense and good pitching....how could anyone NOT go with the Rangers right now?

Well I picked the Brewers because I am an idiot and didn't see the Rangers listed until after I voted so that's how I didn't go with the Rangers.

Outside of the Rangers, the next best chance I think is the Brewers who pretty much have to do it this year, I hope they do.

g0g0
04-13-2011, 11:55 AM
How could you not say Rangers? Good showing last year and now off to like a 9-1 start?

fram40
04-16-2011, 03:36 PM
How could you not say Rangers? Good showing last year and now off to like a 9-1 start?

Rangers will choke. Just like the Flubs do. Neither team will win a WS in my lifetime. I probably have another 30 years.

I voted Brewers - I'm pretty sure I selected them to win it this year in the WSI contest

Fenway
04-16-2011, 03:40 PM
I really think Nolan Ryan has changed the culture of the Rangers....and with that insane cable deal they will be players for a long time now.

Taliesinrk
04-16-2011, 08:01 PM
I really think Nolan Ryan has changed the culture of the Rangers....and with that insane cable deal they will be players for a long time now.

:thumbsup: I also think that the "powerhouse" AL East is going to have a down year this year, and possibly the next couple (although you know the Yankees will make changes to improve their pitching situation by next year, if not even sooner). With that in mind, and considering the futures of other clubs that could challenge them (Angels, White Sox, Twins, maybe Tigers?, Oakland has great pitching, but Billy Beane prevents any possibility of potential success from them), I'd say their chances are the best out of this list, hands-down. If their SP is legit and not just pretending (and it's pretty young), they've definitely got a bright future. Nolan Ryan has done a phenomenal job.