PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Has Officially Become A Joke...

kevingrt
07-06-2002, 10:19 AM
When only one team looks to get players and get better and do everything to win. And other teams just feed players to 1,2, or 3 teams there isn't much fun in trying to pay attention. Second, can anyone name a sport that has gone threw two strikes in a decade and able to survive. And when your talking about strikes on maybe the 2nd biggest event of your sport, the All-Star Game, you're I think not doing the right thing. And let's say they do make a strike date for August 29, now who will go to the ballparks? No One. Who will try to win at the games? No One?

I'm sorry but this sport, well I shouldn't say sport because I like the sport, but this Association has lost all interest in me.

PS: Sorry Flubby Fans will still visit the Shrine they call Wrigley

oldcomiskey
07-06-2002, 11:53 AM
and I suppose you still think the expos deal with fat boy is a good deal for them

PaleHoseGeorge
07-06-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
When only one team looks to get players and get better and do everything to win. And other teams just feed players to 1,2, or 3 teams there isn't much fun in trying to pay attention. Second, can anyone name a sport that has gone threw two strikes in a decade and able to survive. And when your talking about strikes on maybe the 2nd biggest event of your sport, the All-Star Game, you're I think not doing the right thing. And let's say they do make a strike date for August 29, now who will go to the ballparks? No One. Who will try to win at the games? No One?

I'm sorry but this sport, well I shouldn't say sport because I like the sport, but this Association has lost all interest in me.

PS: Sorry Flubby Fans will still visit the Shrine they call Wrigley

Not to disagree with you, but by your measure, baseball has been a joke for its entire existence.

The Yankees have ALWAYS dominated. Or at least going back to 1918 when the owner of the Red Sox traded away his star pitcher to raise the capital necessary to finance his new play.

The pitcher he traded to the Yankees was Babe Ruth. The Yankees could afford him, the the Red Sox couldn't. Every other team has been doing pretty much the same thing for the last nine decades, too. Detroit trading Jeff Weaver for prospects is simply the latest example.

That's why the Yankees have 26 world championships. They didn't just start winning them recently. Free agency hasn't changed a single thing about Yankee domination--yet that's precisely what the owners want the public to believe.

Just another example of them lying to the fans. Some of us just laugh because it's no surprise at all.