PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay is in a LOT of trouble

Fenway
04-10-2011, 05:19 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/2011/04/09/2011-04-09_manny_ramirez_retiring_after_positive_drug_test _puts_the_struggling_tampa_bay_ra.html

Tampa is at 1-8 and we know the one win was a gift from the White Sox bullpen.

The team has been gutted, they raised ticket prices and you have to wonder what the long term future of the franchise is. Manny became a disaster, Damon appears to be done. They could have problems winning 50 unless something changes quickly.

Irony is they could be playing ANOTHER 1-8 team Monday night in Boston :whiner:

Foulke You
04-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Everything has gone wrong for the Rays so far. They are getting zero production from Damon and Manny retired. Throw in an early season injury to their best hitter Evan Longoria combined with losing Bartlett, Pena, and Crawford and you have a recipe for zero offense. It was a huge mistake for them to gamble so much on old players like Manny and Damon. They could have gotten some middle tier sluggers like Derrek Lee, Hideki Matsui, or Jack Cust to help fill out their lineup and they would be in a much better spot right now. As Hawk and Stone pointed out in today's broadcast, even when Longo comes back, nobody will pitch to him because who is there to protect him in the lineup? Casey Kotchman? Dan Johnson?

Fenway
04-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Tampa will face Boston next and the Red Sox are overdue to breakout.

This could be a brutal year.

Everything has gone wrong for the Rays so far. They are getting zero production from Damon and Manny retired. Throw in an early season injury to their best hitter Evan Longoria combined with losing Bartlett, Pena, and Crawford and you have a recipe for zero offense. It was a huge mistake for them to gamble so much on old players like Manny and Damon. They could have gotten some middle tier sluggers like Derrek Lee, Hideki Matsui, or Jack Cust to help fill out their lineup and they would be in a much better spot right now. As Hawk and Stone pointed out in today's broadcast, even when Longo comes back, nobody will pitch to him because who is there to protect him in the lineup? Casey Kotchman? Dan Johnson?

Foulke You
04-10-2011, 10:41 PM

If that Rays lineup doesn't get the Red Sox pitchers on track then nothing will. Not to take anything away from White Sox pitchers this weekend but outside of BJ Upton and Ben Zobrist...there just isn't anything in that lineup that can hurt you right now.

SOXSINCE'70
04-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Irony is they could be playing ANOTHER 1-8 team Monday night in Boston :whiner:

Nope. They'll be playing a 2-8 team.:D:

WSox597
04-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Just think, Not long ago many people wanted to trade Konerko for Casey Kotchman.

He was the "next big thing" around 4 years ago.

JermaineDye05
04-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Imagine the uproar if Tampa Bay miraculously sweeps Boston.

Tragg
04-11-2011, 07:10 PM
I think Boston's slow start is just a slow start.

I think Tampa's slow start indicates that they are bad. They have a few great players, but some fairly stiffs at various positions (Kotchman, e.g.). Pitching staff isn't daunting at all.

On a side note, at least one of these hot starting surprises- Royals, Tribe or Orioles, is going to be pretty good. My guess is Orioles or maybe, shudder, Royals.

JermaineDye05
04-11-2011, 07:20 PM
I think Boston's slow start is just a slow start.

I think Tampa's slow start indicates that they are bad. They have a few great players, but some fairly stiffs at various positions (Kotchman, e.g.). Pitching staff isn't daunting at all.

On a side note, at least one of these hot starting surprises- Royals, Tribe or Orioles, is going to be pretty good. My guess is Orioles or maybe, shudder, Royals.

Not this year.

DirtySox
04-11-2011, 07:22 PM
They have a few great players, but some fairly stiffs at various positions (Kotchman, e.g.). Pitching staff isn't daunting at all.

The offense is indeed a weakness, but that rotation is one of the more solid staffs in the AL. If they are to succeed it will be because of their starting pitching.

Marqhead
04-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Boston is in a LOT of trouble.

JermaineDye05
04-11-2011, 07:51 PM
That sure is some rotation Boston has assembled.

JermaineDye05
04-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Terry Francona just got a standing ovation for finally putting Daisuke out of his misery by bringing in Wakefield.

That's one pitcher that really needs to get out of Boston. Don't think he can handle the pressure.

Plus, he's not that very good.

guillensdisciple
04-11-2011, 08:02 PM
You want to hear a good joke?

The Boston Red Sox.

soltrain21
04-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Oh, Fenway. You so crazay!

guillensdisciple
04-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Alongside the many threads started to belittle the Sawks, I especially appreciate this one.

SI1020
04-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Terry Francona just got a standing ovation for finally putting Daisuke out of his misery by bringing in Wakefield.

That's one pitcher that really needs to get out of Boston. Don't think he can handle the pressure.

Plus, he's not that very good. Was he mad at him? For a while there it looked like he would never get anyone out in the 2nd, and still no one warming up in the pen.

JermaineDye05
04-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Was he mad at him? For a while there it looked like he would never get anyone out in the 2nd, and still no one warming up in the pen.

I don't know if he was mad at him. It was just your standard pitching change. The crowd just got up and cheered when they saw he was finally coming out to make the change.

SI1020
04-11-2011, 09:19 PM
I don't know if he was mad at him. It was just your standard pitching change. The crowd just got up and cheered when they saw he was finally coming out to make the change. I just thought Francona took his sweet time making that change. Dice K was throwing the most hittable pitch after pitch that I can remember in a long time. I actually felt a little bad for him.

doublem23
04-11-2011, 11:58 PM
:rolling:

palehozenychicty
04-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Tampa is definitely weaker this year in the lineup, but the Carmine's pitching staff is heavily overrated. I wasn't a believer in Lackey or Dice-K. Beckett threw a gem last night, but can he keep it up? It is an odd-numbered year and he is a lot better in those years. They will go as far as Lester can take them. He's the most consistent guy in there right now.

doublem23
04-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Tampa is definitely weaker this year in the lineup, but the Carmine's pitching staff is heavily overrated. I wasn't a believer in Lackey or Dice-K. Beckett threw a gem last night, but can he keep it up? It is an odd-numbered year and he is a lot better in those years. They will go as far as Lester can take them. He's the most consistent guy in there right now.

I cannot believe the Yankees and Red Sox can spend a combined $400 M and you can only squeeze 2 quality SP out of their rosters combined. It's mind-boggling.

Foulke You
04-12-2011, 02:09 AM
I wasn't a believer in Lackey or Dice-K.
I knew the Red Sox would regret the Dice-K contract. It was ridiculous money to throw at a guy who never proved himself in the big leagues. Lackey on the other hand surprised me. He was always rock solid in Anaheim and didn't really show signs of decline. Perhaps he just isn't a Fenway Park pitcher or a guy who can handle the media pressure there.

palehozenychicty
04-12-2011, 08:46 AM
I cannot believe the Yankees and Red Sox can spend a combined $400 M and you can only squeeze 2 quality SP out of their rosters combined. It's mind-boggling.

It's what happens when buying off the free agent market these days. You overpay and get a mediocre return.

Viva Medias B's
04-12-2011, 08:55 AM
Back to the Tampa franchise issue, I think that the Rays would be more prosperous in Orlando if things don't work out in Tampa.

SI1020
04-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Back to the Tampa franchise issue, I think that the Rays would be more prosperous in Orlando if things don't work out in Tampa. You might be right, but I think it's also possible that MLB in Florida is just one of those things in life not destined to work out.

bridgeportcopper
04-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Let's kick the dead horse..........

.........For BOSTON!:D:

VenturaFan23
04-12-2011, 10:42 AM
I just thought Francona took his sweet time making that change. Dice K was throwing the most hittable pitch after pitch that I can remember in a long time. I actually felt a little bad for him.

I don't. He's being grossly overpaid to suck.

ewokpelts
04-12-2011, 11:01 AM
idont think terry was "pissed" more like" oh god i need five more minutes for my bullpen to be ready. might as well let dice-k ruin our chances forf a win even more".

asindc
04-12-2011, 12:43 PM

But... but... I thought Cashman and Epstein were much, much smarter than KW.

asindc
04-12-2011, 12:45 PM
I just thought Francona took his sweet time making that change. Dice K was throwing the most hittable pitch after pitch that I can remember in a long time. I actually felt a little bad for him.

Can you imagine the meltdown that would be occurring on these boards now if the Sox were 2-8 and just got smacked down by a 1-8 team at home after Ozzie had left Edwin Jackson in too long?

gobears1987
04-12-2011, 12:56 PM
You might be right, but I think it's also possible that MLB in Florida is just one of those things in life not destined to work out.

http://www.movievillains.com/images/phelps.jpg

Why didn't anyone tell me about this?

JermaineDye05
04-12-2011, 09:53 PM
The Red Sox are three outs away from losing a series at home to the Longoria-less Rays.

3-2 Top 9.

DirtySox
04-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Red Sox lose again. :bandance:

JermaineDye05
04-12-2011, 10:08 PM

2-9

Lester starting. Rays without Longoria. You have to figure that's a win, right? Guess not.

They just lost a series at Fenway to that team. You can't excuse that.

asindc
04-12-2011, 10:24 PM

2-9

Lester starting. Rays without Longoria. You have to figure that's a win, right? Guess not.

They just lost a series at Fenway to that team. You can't excuse that.

But is Jenks still laughing?

TheOldRoman
04-13-2011, 12:15 AM
But is Jenks still laughing?Even with this terrible start, Boston is unfortunately still going to the playoffs. Let's not celebrate too much yet.

RadioheadRocks
04-13-2011, 12:26 AM
Even with this terrible start, Boston is unfortunately still going to the playoffs. Let's not celebrate too much yet.

But how fun would it be if they didn't? :D:

guillensdisciple
04-13-2011, 01:18 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HHA

The Red Sox joke continues. Definitely losing to the class of the league though hahahahahahahaha.

World Seriez Champz 4ever!!!

WhiteSox5187
04-13-2011, 01:32 AM
But how fun would it be if they didn't? :D:

If they did miss the playoffs, MLB would immediately swing into action by making sure that that would never happen again.

gobears1987
04-13-2011, 06:50 AM
Even with this terrible start, Boston is unfortunately still going to the playoffs. Let's not celebrate too much yet.

They didn't make the playoffs last year.

bridgeportcopper
04-13-2011, 07:50 AM
Can someone start one of those "Did the Red Sox win last night" websites"?

LITTLE NELL
04-13-2011, 08:38 AM
TB beats Boston again, Red Sox are in a lot of trouble. MLB might contract them.

asindc
04-13-2011, 08:38 AM

I'm not celebrating, I'm just responding to the notion that Jenks is laughing at our bullpen situation while his team has the worst record in MLB.

Red Barchetta
04-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Back to the Tampa franchise issue, I think that the Rays would be more prosperous in Orlando if things don't work out in Tampa.

The issue is that the Rays do not play in Tampa. They play in St. Petersburg which is the equivalent of the "Chicago" White SOX playing in Gary, IN both from a marketing perspective and from a logistical perspective.

They obviously market the team as "Tampa Bay" to attract fans from all around the Tampa Bay area, however when your ballpark is located on the wrong side of the bay and the majority of the fan population has to drive 60+ miles to go around the bay, you will have attendance problems.

I don't think we can come to the conclusion (yet) that MLB in Florida is a bad idea. Both the Rays and the Marlins have played baseball in arguably 2 of the worst baseball-friendly ballparks since they were awarded their franchises, so lets see what happens when the Marlins open their new ballpark in 2012 which looks like it will be "Miller Park South" in terms of amenities and design.

I don't think Orlando is an option for the Rays, similar to why Las Vegas is not an option - mostly tourist population.

The Rays ownership has already communicated that their preferred location for a new Rays ballpark would be in downtown Tampa proper with a design similar to Camden Yards with an urban feel mixed into the old cigar factories near Ybor.

TheOldRoman
04-13-2011, 09:53 AM
They didn't make the playoffs last year.Right, but they were decimated by injuries. Oh, and they added Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez since then.

FielderJones
04-13-2011, 10:11 AM

Which was the last team that started 2-9 that made the postseason? I can't imagine it happens that often.

SOXPHILE
04-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Care to rename the title of this thread, replacing "Tampa Bay" with "Boston" ?

Fenway
04-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Care to rename the title of this thread, replacing "Tampa Bay" with "Boston" ?

I have NEVER in my lifetime heard Fenway boo a home player louder than what Dice-K heard on Monday....

Boston IS in big trouble
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/207204_1911126090569_1014362077_32200752_7554143_n .jpg

SephClone89
04-13-2011, 11:28 AM
I have NEVER in my lifetime heard Fenway boo a home player louder than what Dice-K heard on Monday....

Boston IS in big trouble
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/207204_1911126090569_1014362077_32200752_7554143_n .jpg

Greatest Team Ever?

Crooked Number
04-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Which was the last team that started 2-9 that made the postseason? I can't imagine it happens that often.

Baseball Tonight showed this stat last night.

Last team to win the WS starting 2-9 was the '91 Twinks.

There was one other team in the 90's that had done it but i cant recall.

TheOldRoman
04-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Which was the last team that started 2-9 that made the postseason? I can't imagine it happens that often.It doesn't matter. All the stats are meaningless. ESPN shows these stats every year in football when one of their favored teams bombs in the beginning. In football, saying "no team which started 0-4..." has some meaning because it is only a 16 game season. However, the Red Sox are 1/16 of the way through the season, about the football equivalent of starting 0-1. The hoopla over this is silly. Every team goes through a 2-9 stretch during the season, but it makes it look worse since it is to start the year. They will be over .500 by June 1. Of course, I hope I am wrong and they lose 140 games.

Crooked Number
04-13-2011, 01:04 PM
It doesn't matter. All the stats are meaningless. ESPN shows these stats every year in football when one of their favored teams bombs in the beginning. In football, saying "no team which started 0-4..." has some meaning because it is only a 16 game season. However, the Red Sox are 1/16 of the way through the season, about the football equivalent of starting 0-1. The hoopla over this is silly. Every team goes through a 2-9 stretch during the season, but it makes it look worse since it is to start the year. They will be over .500 by June 1. Of course, I hope I am wrong and they lose 140 games.

100% correct. This is why i chuckle at some posts on here such as "2010 WhiteSox all over again!!!!" Last year has no bearing on this year. None. Even if the personnel on the team was exactly the same, it still would have no bearing.

WhiteSox5187
04-13-2011, 01:26 PM
They didn't make the playoffs last year.

And MLB started talking about expanding the playoffs.

thomas35forever
04-13-2011, 01:30 PM
And MLB started talking about expanding the playoffs.
I still think this is a bad idea. I really hope they don't go through with it.

sox1970
04-13-2011, 01:33 PM
I still think this is a bad idea. I really hope they don't go through with it.

I think it would be great, but they need to eliminate divisions.

You bring more teams into the race, which increases attendance, and if you're a 4- or 5-seed, you're not really in the playoffs until you win a best-of-three--assuming that's the format.

But they do need to shorten the season by a week and either go to 156 games or add 6 day/night doubleheaders.

Lamp81
04-13-2011, 01:39 PM
If an NFL team can't sell out in Tampa Bay, is there any hope for the Rays?

Rumor has it that the Bucs are positioning themselves to be London's teams if the NFL ever moves into International play.

The Bucs share an owner with the ManU soccer team, and they will now have played in London 2 out of the last 3 years. The more London fans are exposed to the team, the better chance they will be the team that they follow in the NFL.

thomas35forever
04-13-2011, 01:40 PM
I think it would be great, but they need to eliminate divisions.

You bring more teams into the race, which increases attendance, and if you're a 4- or 5-seed, you're not really in the playoffs until you win a best-of-three--assuming that's the format.

But they do need to shorten the season by a week and either go to 156 games or add 6 day/night doubleheaders.
One problem with adding more playoff teams is that it puts a damper on the competitiveness we see during the regular season. There's a chance teams won't be as motivated down the stretch because they know they have other options to fall back on if they don't win their division. Teams should be going ALL OUT for first place wherever they are. Yes, one of them doesn't get the benefit of home-field advantage in the LDS, but division winner is still a better title to hold than Wild Card winner.

However, if they absolutely must add playoff teams, some sort of realignment will most definitely have to take place first. Those are the only circumstances under which playoff teams have ever been added and it should stay that way.

sox1970
04-13-2011, 01:46 PM
One problem with adding more playoff teams is that it puts a damper on the competitiveness we see during the regular season. There's a chance teams won't be as motivated down the stretch because they know they have other options to fall back on if they don't win their division. Teams should be going ALL OUT for first place wherever they are. Yes, one of them doesn't get the benefit of home-field advantage in the LDS, but division winner is still a better title to hold than Wild Card winner.

However, if they absolutely must add playoff teams, some sort of realignment will most definitely have to take place first. Those are the only circumstances under which playoff teams have ever been added and it should stay that way.

If they just went with two, 15-team leagues and sent the top 5 to postseason, there would be a premium on getting the top seed and getting in the top 3. And likely with a balanced schedule, the difference between 3 and 6 would not be that great. Those games in September would likely be very important and taken seriously.

Nellie_Fox
04-13-2011, 03:17 PM
It doesn't matter. All the stats are meaningless. ESPN shows these stats every year in football when one of their favored teams bombs in the beginning. In football, saying "no team which started 0-4..." has some meaning because it is only a 16 game season. However, the Red Sox are 1/16 of the way through the season, about the football equivalent of starting 0-1. The hoopla over this is silly. Every team goes through a 2-9 stretch during the season, but it makes it look worse since it is to start the year. They will be over .500 by June 1. Of course, I hope I am wrong and they lose 140 games.
The 2001 A's started the season 2-10, finished the season 102-60. I'm sure the Red Sox would be happy with that finish.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/OAK/2001-schedule-scores.shtml

PKalltheway
04-13-2011, 04:03 PM
The 2001 A's started the season 2-10, finished the season 102-60. I'm sure the Red Sox would be happy with that finish.

I'm sure Boston would be happy with finishing 14 games out of first.:tongue:

All joking aside, I think they'll be fine. Now if they're entering June and they're still 8-10 games below .500, then yeah, they're in trouble. Even good teams have stretches of losing 7 out of 9, and for Boston, it just happens to be at the beginning of the season.

Nellie_Fox
04-13-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm sure Boston would be happy with finishing 14 games out of first.:tongue:

All joking aside, I think they'll be fine. Now if they're entering June and they're still 8-10 games below .500, then yeah, they're in trouble. Even good teams have stretches of losing 7 out of 9, and for Boston, it just happens to be at the beginning of the season. I know you're just joking, but I think any team will take 102 wins and see how it works out.

TommyJohn
04-13-2011, 08:46 PM

Oh, no! Here we go with that crap again! Don't you peasants get it? Can't you see that 2001 is not this year and that this is the worst Sox team in human memory? They have a stupid GM, a clown manager, and incompetent boobs all up and down the organgization!! Am I the only one here who is not a pie-in-the-sky dreamer?

Oh, wait a second. You're talking about the Red Sox, not the White Sox? Oh, OK! It's all good! Of course they will make the playoffs!

bridgeportcopper
04-13-2011, 08:57 PM

Boston IS in big trouble

Do you, putting your allegience aside, really believe that? I kinda do. I see a staff with 3 question marks and for Pete's sake that team has Marco Scutaro for an everyday shortstop, with Varitek who is almost as big a defensive liability as AJ behind the plate because Salty has been a letdown everywhere he's gone. Never much cared for JD Drew and Youkilis and Papi appear to have gotten old. I really think they finish 3rd behind Yanks and an improved O's, Rays or Jays squad.

Marqhead
04-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Man, the Red Sox couldn't even beat the weather today. They've got a real run of bad luck going.

soltrain21
04-13-2011, 11:00 PM
I know you're just joking, but I think any team will take 102 wins and see how it works out.

Is that the year they won 20 in a row?

DSpivack
04-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Is that the year they won 20 in a row?

Nope, that was 2002.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/OAK/2002-schedule-scores.shtml

soxinem1
04-14-2011, 07:55 AM
I was watching in disbelief when the 'experts' were predicting that TB would content for the AL East or Wild Card spot, even after losing a huge part of their starting lineup and their bullpen. This even after signing Manny and Damon.

And even with Longoria back in the lineup, where is the balance? Where is the power? Even though Carlos Pena hit .196 last year, at least he was a power threat.

At least BOS will have the history of their hitters to hold out hope, but this team flat out sucks.

They were better off just letting most of their lauded prospects play instead of taking AB's away from them with Damon and Manny.

And sorry, even with Price, the rotation is not all that good, especially when the starters realize they have to pitch a shutout every night just to stay in the game.

Saying that, I think Damon, Shields, Sonnanstine, among a few others, will be gone by July at the latest.

Fenway
04-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Do you, putting your allegience aside, really believe that? I kinda do. I see a staff with 3 question marks and for Pete's sake that team has Marco Scutaro for an everyday shortstop, with Varitek who is almost as big a defensive liability as AJ behind the plate because Salty has been a letdown everywhere he's gone. Never much cared for JD Drew and Youkilis and Papi appear to have gotten old. I really think they finish 3rd behind Yanks and an improved O's, Rays or Jays squad.

I started getting concerned when they lost 10 in a row at the end of spring training.

They have a real nightmare with DiceK - It is coming out that they were upset at the way he was nibbling the plate and told him to change and he then went out and threw EVERYTHING over the middle of the plate.

Man, the Red Sox couldn't even beat the weather today. They've got a real run of bad luck going.

By gametime it had stopped raining but there were 4,000 tickets to sell...so the sellout streak stays alive...

Now is Patriots Day weekend against a Toronto team that is now managed by last years pitching coach. It could get ugly....

THEN they go to to Oakland, Anaheim and Baltimore.

bridgeportcopper
04-15-2011, 02:19 PM
I started getting concerned when they lost 10 in a row at the end of spring training.

They have a real nightmare with DiceK - It is coming out that they were upset at the way he was nibbling the plate and told him to change and he then went out and threw EVERYTHING over the middle of the plate.

By gametime it had stopped raining but there were 4,000 tickets to sell...so the sellout streak stays alive...

Now is Patriots Day weekend against a Toronto team that is now managed by last years pitching coach. It could get ugly....

THEN they go to to Oakland, Anaheim and Baltimore.

Do you really think that rainout was to preserve the streak? Also, IF, the Sawx fall out at (or a little above) current pace and are buried early this year.....do you think they will feel the effects (ala the Scrubs) or are they sold-out all year?

Fenway
04-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Do you really think that rainout was to preserve the streak? Also, IF, the Sawx fall out at (or a little above) current pace and are buried early this year.....do you think they will feel the effects (ala the Scrubs) or are they sold-out all year?

They are pretty much sold out from mid May until September....

NESN was reminding people that there were GOOD seats available for Tampa.

You would never know the economy in Boston is shaky as all 4 major teams have sold out for every game going back to October of 2009 - ( last non-sellout was a Bruins-Columbus game)

Their biggest worry is TV ratings may tank especially if the Celtics or Bruins can put together a playoff run.

TheOldRoman
04-15-2011, 02:39 PM
They are pretty much sold out from mid May until September....

NESN was reminding people that there were GOOD seats available for Tampa.

You would never know the economy in Boston is shaky as all 4 major teams have sold out for every game going back to October of 2009 - ( last non-sellout was a Bruins-Columbus game)

Their biggest worry is TV ratings may tank especially if the Celtics or Bruins can put together a playoff run.Are there any real threats coming up in the next month that they might not be able to sell out?

Fenway
04-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Are there any real threats coming up in the next month that they might not be able to sell out?

Seattle end of April....

TheOldRoman
04-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Seattle end of April....Well, here's hoping the whole week is cold and dreary.

Fenway
04-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Well, here's hoping the whole week is cold and dreary.

By then, if the Broons get knocked out by Montreal, the Celtics fizzle against the Knicks and a bad roadtrip by the Sawx, New England will breakoff from the mainland and sail out to sea. :whiner:

Marqhead
04-15-2011, 03:20 PM
By then, if the Broons get knocked out by Montreal, the Celtics fizzle against the Knicks and a bad roadtrip by the Sawx, New England will breakoff from the mainland and sail out to sea. :whiner:

So long, stinktown!

Fenway
04-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Rays say we want to stay in Tampa....BUT

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/apr/15/rays-urge-tampa-businesses-to-advocate-for-stadium/