PDA

View Full Version : Stan Musial Battling Alzheimer's Disease

Viva Medias B's
04-09-2011, 08:18 PM
St. Louis Cardinal all time great Stan "The Man" Musial has been battling Alzheimer's Disease for a number of years, according to an upcoming George Vecsey book about Stan titled Stan Musial, an American Life. The Musial family has acknowleged this, but Stan manages to keep busy working at his office and going out to lunch every day. Even though he does not go out in public that often anymore, Stan still seems to be in touch with things in spite of his diagnosis.

Link (http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/article_9f418af4-15d7-58bb-adcf-f95f03a81c45.html) from the Post-Dispatch

tick53
04-10-2011, 07:45 AM
That's too bad. :(: Alzheimer's is a terrible disease that takes it toll on the afflicted person, family members, friends and health care providers. It's a sad way to end the life of such a man. I hope more people respond to this thread. If 124 people can respond to Manny Ramirez's retirement due to juicing his way through baseball then support for Stan Musial here should be overwhelming.

WSox597
04-10-2011, 08:08 AM
I hate to hear that. Stan was a great player, I really enjoyed seeing him play back in the '60s.

What a terrible affliction. I've seen it in other people, and I wish there was a cure for it. Hell, I wish they knew what caused it, that would be a start.

Best of luck to Stan and his family.

geofitz
04-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Best wishes to "The Man". A real credit to baseball and society, always seemed to do the right thing.