PDA

View Full Version : Yanks Sign Silva

Lip Man 1
04-09-2011, 07:58 PM
With the Cubs on the hook for a lot of salary:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/cbsports-report-yankees-sign-carlos-silva-20110409,0,2091250.story

Yanks are really reaching hoping to buy time until the trade deadline when they can go out and buy a Hernandez or a Liriano or both for prospects.

Lip

JermaineDye05
04-09-2011, 08:03 PM
With the Cubs on the hook for a lot of salary:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/cbsports-report-yankees-sign-carlos-silva-20110409,0,2091250.story

Yanks are really reaching hoping to buy time until the trade deadline when they can go out and buy a Hernandez or a Liriano or both for prospects.

Lip

I believe the Mariners front office has stated that Felix isn't going anywhere.

Liriano, on the other hand, is very tradable. I could see him in Yankee pinstripes around June or July with someone like Nova going to the Twins. I say Nova because he just owned us in his one start against us last year.

DumpJerry
04-09-2011, 11:18 PM
:):bandance::happybday:gulp::bandance::happybday

doublem23
04-09-2011, 11:41 PM
I cannot believe you can spend $220+ million and only wind up with 1 good starting pitcher and 1 intriguing SP who could be good.

JermaineDye05
04-10-2011, 12:14 AM
I cannot believe you can spend $220+ million and only wind up with 1 good starting pitcher and 1 intriguing SP who could be good.

The Yankees and Red Sox are fighting for the worst rotation money can buy.

Lorenzo Barcelo
04-10-2011, 12:18 AM

Liriano, on the other hand, is very tradable. I could see him in Yankee pinstripes around June or July with someone like Nova going to the Twins. I say Nova because he just owned us in his one start against us last year.

I thought I heard that Felix has NTCs with the Yankees, Red Sox, etc. The strategy on his end is that he can probably veto the big market teams, until they cave in with an extension for him. FWIW, the White Sox are not on his NTC list.

JermaineDye05
04-10-2011, 12:20 AM
I thought I heard that Felix has NTCs with the Yankees, Red Sox, etc. The strategy on his end is that he can probably veto the big market teams, until they cave in with an extension for him. FWIW, the White Sox are not on his NTC list.

If only we had the prospects to offer them. Even with Tyler Flowers' apparent resurgence, I don't think that'll cut it. We might be able to get a signed photo.

PeteWard
04-10-2011, 01:01 AM

I can't. The Twins are going to be in the race till September.

JermaineDye05
04-10-2011, 01:12 AM
I can't. The Twins are going to be in the race till September.

Trading Liriano wouldn't be a white flag move, I don't think. It was being discussed during spring training. Not sure if the Twins are confident in him.

PalehosePlanet
04-10-2011, 03:49 AM
They should have hung on to Sergio Mitre. He is not very good but he's better than Silva.