PDA

View Full Version : Post Strike Crowds

Jerry_Manuel
07-06-2002, 03:08 AM
There are still people who don't go to games because of the '94 strike. I'm sure they'll be many more who don't go because of the '02 strike.

My question to you is, how much of a hit will the Sox take in this? Reinsdorf hasn't said a peep about this strike yet. If the season ticket base shrinks down to 6,000-7,000 after the strike, what do you think he'll do? Well, besides for blame the fans.

CLR01
07-06-2002, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
There are still people who don't go to games because of the '94 strike. I'm sure they'll be many more who don't go because of the '02 strike.

My question to you is, how much of a hit will the Sox take in this? Reinsdorf hasn't said a peep about this strike yet. If the season ticket base shrinks down to 6,000-7,000 after the strike, what do you think he'll do? Well, besides for blame the fans.

Sit on his ass and spend even less to ensure he still makes some profit.

SOXSINCE'70
07-06-2002, 07:34 AM
I know it's the only option the players have,but if they do strike,i'm taking a 2 to 3 year sabatical from baseball.I'm outta here.Gone.No more weekend season tickets.Reinsdork doesn't care.Why should Sox fans??

Paulwny
07-06-2002, 09:46 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20020706/1038390.asp

CLR01
07-06-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by SOXSINCE'70
I know it's the only option the players have,but if they do strike,i'm taking a 2 to 3 year sabatical from baseball.I'm outta here.Gone.No more weekend season tickets.Reinsdork doesn't care.Why should Sox fans??

Dont forget about the players, they dont care either.

Binky_Bee
07-06-2002, 08:54 PM
What's totally weird is that these players seem to act like children when it comes to money. If you ask a kid where money comes from, he or she will usually reply "The ATM". The new(er) player seem to think that money comes from "The Owners", as if they have a hidden stash of golden goose eggs or something.

The money for baseball comes from the fans, in the form of higher ticket prices, higher costs for a ball cap, higher prices on products that advertise on the baseball networks. If they say "gimme more", I'm going to have to pull the plug on it. I figure one year absence from the park and watching the games for every month these guys are on strike. It sucks, because I am a die-hard baseball fan and have been a Sox fan since I was five and went to see the South Side Hit Men take on the Royals in 1977. :(

RedPinStripes
07-06-2002, 09:45 PM
It took me 2 years to go to a game on the last strike. I'm so disgusted with the way things work with the Sox organization, the only thing that might get me back is a new owner for the Sox if they strike again . I've been waiting 20 years for that.

CerberusWG
07-06-2002, 10:32 PM
Just think, with all the games gone, we will have a better chance to blow up Wrigley.

What, like you don't want to?!!??!?

/me runs

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-07-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Just think, with all the games gone, we will have a better chance to blow up Wrigley.

What, like you don't want to?!!??!?

it just wouldnt be as fun if chip carey wasnt in there.