PDA

View Full Version : Won the Score Season Tickets Today!!

yazz32
04-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Well after venturing to the park at the crack of dawn (5:30AM)
and visiting the new Bacardi Bar and surviving the eliminations, I was able to win the season tix and represent WSI winning today!

chisoxjtrain
04-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Congrats! Was that the contest where you had to call in when you heard Hawk say "He gone"?

yazz32
04-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Yes had to qualify when Hawk said "He gone" along with 40-50 people.

The Score had a reverse drawing at Bacardi Bar during Mulley and Hanley
from around 40-50 people.

Dub25
04-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Just curious, where are the seats and do you have the option to renew after the season?

BTW, congrats.

SephClone89
04-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Holy ****, that's incredible.

manders_01
04-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Congratulations! Very awesome!

Holy ****, that's incredible.

LOL Holy **** was my reaction as well! :tongue:

BainesHOF
04-08-2011, 02:36 AM
Awesome.

In all seriousness, please keep me in mind when you can't make a game. Feel free to hit me up at salukidave@comcast.net.

Dave

yazz32
04-08-2011, 06:47 AM
Just curious, where are the seats and do you have the option to renew after the season?

BTW, congrats.

Thks! Sec 544 Row 4 no option to renew

Rohan
04-08-2011, 07:49 AM
NICE! Was it two tickets?

Boiler up :)

yazz32
04-08-2011, 08:13 AM
NICE! Was it two tickets?

Boiler up :)

Yup two tickets. So unreal that I am a season ticket holder!!!

g0g0
04-08-2011, 08:50 AM
That kicks ass! Grats yazz! :bandance:

doublem23
04-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Congratulations. That's awesome. I'm glad someone from WSI won, it guarantees at least one person there will be giving Mark Teahen **** all year long.

LongLiveFisk
04-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Congrats! I can't even imagine how cool it would be to win something like that. :D:

#1swisher
04-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Congratulations! :gulp:

Rohan
04-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Congratulations. That's awesome. I'm glad someone from WSI won, it guarantees at least one person there will be giving Mark Teahen **** all year long.

Yeah. That's definitely the best part. :?:

salty99
04-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Congrats! I heard them draw it on the Score and was wondering if somewhere here won!

Jim Shorts
04-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Congratulations, yazz. I qualified for this same promotion last year when they had the final drawing at Maywood Park. I was certain I was going to win those tickets. I didn't.

Generally, the season tix they give away are sponsor tickets and the sponsor keeps the option to renew.

gregoriop
04-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Hello Mr. Yazz,

Do you need a new best friend? My name is Greg and I am just the guy for you. I like Purdue and going to Sox games.

manders_01
04-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Thks! Sec 544 Row 4 no option to renew

Congratulations, yazz. I qualified for this same promotion last year when they had the final drawing at Maywood Park. I was certain I was going to win those tickets. I didn't.

Generally, the season tix they give away are sponsor tickets and the sponsor keeps the option to renew.

I get that you wouldn't be able to renew those exact seats but would they give you an option to renew elsewhere? Since I've never been a season ticket holder, I'm assuming that renewing is somehow better than being a newb? If not, I guess it doesn't matter.

yazz32
04-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Doesn't look like it, technically the seats are under the Score's account and not transferred to my name directly, so they would control the seats. I would think some season tix account rep would contact to me after the season to sign me up for my own.

CPditka
04-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Congrats. Heard you on the radio yesterday.

Good to see a Boiler and Sox fan get em!

downstairs
04-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Doesn't look like it, technically the seats are under the Score's account and not transferred to my name directly, so they would control the seats. I would think some season tix account rep would contact to me after the season to sign me up for my own.

Yeah, I'd assume once they got your name and you had a season ticket experience... they'd absolutely try to sell you on another year. They'd be different seats, but still... I'm sure they'd try to wheel and deal you.

chisoxfanatic
04-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Do you get all of the playoff tickets as well, or does this prize end in September?
Yeah, I'd assume once they got your name and you had a season ticket experience... they'd absolutely try to sell you on another year. They'd be different seats, but still... I'm sure they'd try to wheel and deal you.
The Sox are good at doing that. I canceled my season tickets after 2009, and I still get calls and emails asking me if I'm interested in a ticket package.

downstairs
04-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Do you get all of the playoff tickets as well, or does this prize end in September?

The Sox are good at doing that. I canceled my season tickets after 2009, and I still get calls and emails asking me if I'm interested in a ticket package.

Heck, in 2005 I went to a bunch of games... and for my 30th b-day, had 30+ people attend a game (so we bought some group package from the Sox)... and after that I got sales pitches and packages all the time.

chisoxfanatic
04-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Heck, in 2005 I went to a bunch of games... and for my 30th b-day, had 30+ people attend a game (so we bought some group package from the Sox)... and after that I got sales pitches and packages all the time.
I have had an Ozzie Plan, a 27-game ticket plan, and have organized group outings through group sales. When I get the mailings from the Sox, they send me THREE copies of them in different addressed envelopes or postcards. What a waste of paper and postage! Like getting 3 of the same mailing is going to make me decide to purchase something.

yazz32
04-08-2011, 02:19 PM

Looks like only up to Sept.

all*star quentin
04-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Well after venturing to the park at the crack of dawn (5:30AM)
and visiting the new Bacardi Bar and surviving the eliminations, I was able to win the season tix and represent WSI winning today!

Congratulations, is it a full ST?

rookie
04-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Trying not to be jealous! Enjoy every game. Rain or shine!

Dub25
04-09-2011, 12:21 AM

Hell yeah they are. I got Southpaw once and they call and send me stuff all the time. I guess that means they are aggresive and trying to make up the difference when it comes to fans in the park unlike that other team that sits back and lets the neighborhood sell itself. Then again, they might be in the start of having issues related to that...

yazz32
04-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Congratulations, is it a full ST?

Thks! They are full ST

hula
04-09-2011, 09:53 AM
What a great way to start the season!!! Congrats & enjoy!! :D:

yazz32
04-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the congrats everyone! Wish my first game in the seats yesterday was a better game.. Arghh..

Here's a pic a friend took of me with the tickets

manders_01
04-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Hell yeah they are. I got Southpaw once and they call and send me stuff all the time. I guess that means they are aggresive and trying to make up the difference when it comes to fans in the park unlike that other team that sits back and lets the neighborhood sell itself. Then again, they might be in the start of having issues related to that...

Ehhh, it's not just them. I took my nephew to a Cards game in '07. I bought the tickets through the Cards website. Despite the fact that my address was clearly not a hop, skip and a jump from the ballpark, I got a ton of stuff from them for a couple of seasons afterward.

soxfanreggie
04-09-2011, 05:10 PM
I have had an Ozzie Plan, a 27-game ticket plan, and have organized group outings through group sales. When I get the mailings from the Sox, they send me THREE copies of them in different addressed envelopes or postcards. What a waste of paper and postage! Like getting 3 of the same mailing is going to make me decide to purchase something.

Have you tried calling them and letting them know this? They probably have three entries in the system for you.