PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day StubHub seat upgrade

ChiSoxGirl
04-07-2011, 10:19 PM
The winner of this little event at every Sox home game was WSI's very own skobabe8 and his wife! Anybody else see that?

GoGoCrede
04-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Cool! I didn't notice that, but that sounds awesome. I hope those chairs were heated.

DumpJerry
04-07-2011, 10:23 PM
I missed that. Congrats to them!

Last year, Soxstarter and I competed for the seats. We played Four Across and came in second.......they gave us Chevy Pride shirts as a consolation.

Streets
04-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Congrats to the WSIer!

How do you even get picked to compete?

DumpJerry
04-07-2011, 10:53 PM
How do you even get picked to compete?
We were walking by the Scout Seat gate and two Chevy Pride Crew people approached us. They told us about who they were and about the contest and asked if we wanted to do it. We said absolutely and got paired us with another couple. It was fun.

Skobabe, by the way, has plenty of excellent Opening Day memories. He and his wife got engaged on Opening Day when he proposed to her during the Brick Plaza dedication and his then-fiance got to throw our the first pitch.

manders_01
04-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Congrats Jason & Liz!!! How cool!

We were walking by the Scout Seat gate and two Chevy Pride Crew people approached us. They told us about who they were and about the contest and asked if we wanted to do it. We said absolutely and got paired us with another couple. It was fun.

Skobabe, by the way, has plenty of excellent Opening Day memories. He and his wife got engaged on Opening Day when he proposed to her during the Brick Plaza dedication and his then-fiance got to throw our the first pitch.

I don't think it was Opening Day but right around that time. I think the dedication was before a night game.

skobabe8
04-08-2011, 10:02 AM
The winner of this little event at every Sox home game was WSI's very own skobabe8 and his wife! Anybody else see that?

Thanks for the thread Jen!

Cool! I didn't notice that, but that sounds awesome. I hope those chairs were heated.

You are probably the 41st or 42nd person to ask if the chairs were heated. They weren't! :D:

Liz and I had just left Bacardi at the Park around 11:30 and we were trying to decide if we should enter the gates or swing by Paco's tailgate when we were approached by 2 Chevy Pride Crew members. We won bean bags against another couple 11-3.

Congrats Jason & Liz!!! How cool!

I don't think it was Opening Day but right around that time. I think the dedication was before a night game.

Thanks!

And no, our engagement wasn't opening day, but it was the first Friday of the 2008 season.

We had a blast yesterday. Its about time StubHub did something for us...we've given them plenty of money! :cool:

chisoxfanatic
04-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Those look like some awesome seats! They recline? And, is that a flat screen TV in front of your seats?

Bruizer
04-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Was that your wife jumping up and down :bandance::bandance:when the camera was on you??
Or was that you?

skobabe8
04-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Was that your wife jumping up and down :bandance::bandance:when the camera was on you??
Or was that you?

That was me. :redface::gulp:

skobabe8
04-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Those look like some awesome seats! They recline? And, is that a flat screen TV in front of your seats?

Yeah, there is a flat screen in the metal box. I never realized it either until yesterday. It plays the Comcast feed of the game and the scoreboard graphics in between innings.

And yes, the seats recline. The sightlines weren't the greatest with the table of people in front of us and the foul pole to deal with, but they were some comfy chairs.

ChiSoxGirl
04-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the thread Jen!

You're welcome! I heard your names announced before they showed you on the Jumbotron and I was like, "Hey, that's skobabe and his wife!" I had to start a thread - you deserved it!

Yeah, there is a flat screen in the metal box. I never realized it either until yesterday. It plays the Comcast feed of the game and the scoreboard graphics in between innings.

And yes, the seats recline. The sightlines weren't the greatest with the table of people in front of us and the foul pole to deal with, but they were some comfy chairs.

That's pretty awesome! Sounds like it's the same TV feed you get if you're inside the Club Level or in a Diamond Suite.

manders_01
04-08-2011, 12:53 PM
We had a blast yesterday. Its about time StubHub did something for us...we've given them plenty of money! :cool:

WOW! Those are awesome seats! The StubHub upgrade a Coors is just to the large, public suite exterior seats.

That was me. :redface::gulp:

:rolling:

doublem23
04-08-2011, 01:01 PM
That's pretty awesome! Sounds like it's the same TV feed you get if you're inside the Club Level or in a Diamond Suite.

That sounds like every TV in the park.