PDA

View Full Version : Haha...I Got Cussed At By Orioles HOF Pitcher Jim Palmer Today!!

Thome25
04-07-2011, 05:22 PM
HOF Pitcher Jim Palmer endorses/uses the products that my company makes.

Today we had a meet-and-greet with him at work. He was a very nice guy...he took the time to address all of us and tell us how he grew up, about his playing days etc.

He even took time to sign autographs for us....he was nice enough to bring 8X10 glossys to sign for those that didn't bring anything for him to sign.

I got a baseball signed by him and then went back to work.

When it was time to punch out, He was still there talking to people and signing autographs.

I walked up to him wearing my Bulls cap that I've been sporting for a while now. I walked up to him and said:

"Excuse me Mr. Palmer, I have to ask you a question before I leave. I'm a White Sox fan"....and before I could get my question out, he says "I can see that by that Bulls **** you have on your head".....

I then proceeded to ask him "What was it like playing those good White Sox teams in the 60's ?"

He then told me about how Little Looie was a teammate of his. (which I already knew), How he hit his first home run as a major league player at Comiskey Park, and he talked a little about Moose Skowron.

It was great....now I have a story that goes with my baseball!!

thomas35forever
04-07-2011, 05:38 PM
You should have asked him if he plans on doing those commercials again.

Red Barchetta
04-07-2011, 05:56 PM
You should have asked him if he plans on doing those commercials again.

...or brought a pair of underwear in for him to sign! :tongue:

Sounds like a good time.

Thome25
04-07-2011, 06:00 PM
...or brought a pair of underwear in for him to sign! :tongue:

Sounds like a good time.

Lol...it was hilarious one of the female supervisors had him sign a picture of himself from one of those questionable underwear ads...lol