PDA

View Full Version : *** OFFICIAL *** JacKKKKKKKKKKKKKson post-game thread

doublem23
04-07-2011, 04:45 PM
:bandance:

MtGrnwdSoxFan
Very well-played, well-executed, well-pitched game.

soxnut1018
EdWIN JacKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKson! :bliss:
kM7C_yNlCLU

Ex-Chicagoan
Thank you, Edwin. That was outstanding.

manders_01
04-07-2011, 04:46 PM
That was a great game! Hope all of you that went managed to stay somewhat warm!

gobears1987
Good game all around.

guillensdisciple
Great game. Edwin was an absolute beast, and this offense finds a way to find runs. Keep it going boys.

soltrain21
Can't complain about anything in that game. I'd really, really like the team to keep on Lillibridge once Peavy is back. He adds the speed aspect you need off the bench.

And obviously he hits like a monster on monster steroids.

DirtySox
Dominating performance by Edwin.

Let's resign him instead of Buehrle.

MUsoxfan
04-07-2011, 04:47 PM
This is setting up to be a very exciting year

SoxFan1979
Sweet outing by Edwin. 13ks woooooo and lillibeast lol

voodoochile
Just a nice solid team effort with great pitching. Got an early lead and rode Edwin to the finish. Glad they put up the insurance runs in the 8th to let Ozzie use Santos. I still think he might be the best option for a closer long term, but not having to push Thornton today makes me extra happy.

:soxwin:

:)

:supernana:

johnnyg83
Ed-WIN!

downstairs
kkkkkkkkkkkkk

Boondock Saint
04-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Edwin is a monster when he's throwing strikes. Can't wait for tomorrow.

SephClone89
04-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, Edwin ****ing Jackson.

cheezheadsoxfan
04-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Nice game after yesterday's slop fest.

gobears1987
04-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Lillibridge almost got caught stealing. He needs to do something about those ears because their added drag can't help his speed.

soxnut1018
04-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Lillibridge almost got caught stealing. He needs to do something about those ears because their added drag can't help his speed.

http://iwillsue.com/wp-includes/images/wlw/cache/Dumbo-movie-01.jpg

manders_01
04-07-2011, 04:56 PM
http://iwillsue.com/wp-includes/images/wlw/cache/Dumbo-movie-01.jpg

Much as I would like to say otherwise, Brent is not nearly that cute. :wink:

asindc
04-07-2011, 04:57 PM
I'd like to commend Mr. Jackson for pitching exactly the kind of game the team needed after two 12-inning games and playing less than 24 hours after the last one on the road. Magnificent!:gulp::gulp:

I also note, once again, that manufacturing runs is a productive way to score when properly executed (I'm looking at you, AJ). Well played game all around.:gulp:

soxnut1018
Much as I would like to say otherwise, Brent is not nearly that cute. :wink:

He's adorable!
http://umpbump.com/press/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Brent-Lillibridge.jpg

TheOldRoman

Let's resign him instead of Buehrle.All things equal, maybe, but we all know that Edwin is going to demand many more years and dollars.

Risk
04-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Great game by Edwin today. He went deep into the game, was dominating and even gave the most of the bullpen a rest after two extra inning games.

Not to mention the Sox were running the Rays out of the ballpark today. Can't say that I saw that one coming.

Risk

manders_01
04-07-2011, 04:59 PM
He's adorable!
http://umpbump.com/press/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Brent-Lillibridge.jpg

To each their own! LOL :D:

JorgeFabregas
04-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Great stuff from Jackson. I wish Ozzie didn't let him throw quite so many pitches, though. He is definitely a horse who will give you a lot of innings, but he faded in the second half during his best year (in Detroit) likely because Leyland abused his arm. He also struggled for a couple of games with the Sox last year after Ozzie had him throw a bunch of pitches.

Hitmen77
04-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Jackson gives our bullpen a much needed break by going 8 IP for the win.

Right now, he's the one starter I have the most confidence in. If Peavy can come back healthy soon, then I'll be excited about having Jackson, Danks, and Jake as our top 3 starters.

We need some more starters going deep into games because our bullpen looks pretty bad right now.

LITTLE NELL
04-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Great job with pitching, defense and timely hitting. Lets win at least 2 out of the next 3 from the Rays, they are down and aren't hitting. Nothing wrong with kicking someone when they are down.

ChiSoxGal85
04-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Outstanding performance by Edwin, offense was pretty lively, overall a wonderful start to the home season.

DirtySox
04-07-2011, 05:03 PM
All things equal, maybe, but we all know that Edwin is going to demand many more years and dollars.

I know I know. If only it was that simple.

SoxSpeed22
04-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Just what we needed. That Rays lineup looks a lot different without Longoria. I'm sure if our bullpen wasn't in such bad shape from the last two days, Ozzie would've taken him out sooner, but it went well. Nice hitting and great way to greet the fans.

mrs. hendu
04-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Nice bday present for hendu from the WS. :D:

jaguiar2
04-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Random question, might have been addressed, did they sell SRO tickets? The outfield terrace looked slammed, more than I've ever seen, and the Bullpen Bar was closed because of capacity issues by the 5th inning.

thomas35forever
04-07-2011, 05:17 PM
I missed this game except for the first two innings, but I guess the two runs I saw score were all we needed.

On another note, I remember a lot of people were skeptical when we acquired Jackson last year. I was not one of them. Now you can see why.

fisk4ever
04-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Those 2 stolen bases made me nervous, but all's well. Let's go Bulls!

Lip Man 1
04-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Jackson is extremely impressive in the early going. The Sox needed it today to give the battered bullpen a breather.

Very nice win in very difficult conditions.

Lip

soxfanreggie
04-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Great job Edwin! I hope he can do the same thing if he throws against them down here. Whether it's at the games I'm at or not, maybe he could strike out 14 Rays next time! :D:

soltrain21
04-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Jackson is extremely impressive in the early going. The Sox needed it today to give the battered bullpen a breather.

Very nice win in very difficult conditions.

Lip

?

No different than playing in October. I know you would like the Sox to play their first home game in June, though.

Red Barchetta
04-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Very solid win. Great to see those stolen bases manufactured into runs. Only rough spot was AJ's brain cramp during the Upton rundown attempt. :scratch:

chisoxfanatic
04-07-2011, 05:45 PM
I was following this on gamecast, and it was nice to do it without any doubts.

The game report will be typed and uploaded when I get home. Stay tuned.

GoGoCrede
04-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Fun game. I was freeeeezing, but it went well. As soon as I stepped into the park and smelled those hot dogs, I knew I was home. Also great to hear Lori play. I love organ music.

Soxman219
04-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Those 2 stolen bases made me nervous, but all's well. Let's go Bulls!

Going to the UC tonight with some friends, already in a good mood from Jackson's performance.

gobears1987
04-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Great game by Edwin today. He went deep into the game, was dominating and even gave the most of the bullpen a rest after two extra inning games.

Not to mention the Sox were running the Rays out of the ballpark today. Can't say that I saw that one coming.

Risk

It was hard for the Rays to run the Sox out of the ballpark when the Rays weren't getting any baserunners.

chisoxfanatic
04-07-2011, 05:56 PM
So, is anyone else expecting a sweep here? I mean, Tampa has only scored 8 runs in their first 6 games, apparently not even holding a lead in any of them.

Hitmen77
04-07-2011, 06:01 PM
So, is anyone else expecting a sweep here? I mean, Tampa has only scored 8 runs in their first 6 games, apparently not even holding a lead in any of them.

No. It's always tough to sweep a 4 game series. Plus I have my doubts about Saturday's Humber vs. Cy Davies matchup.

Lip Man 1
04-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Just wondering...how was the new organist Lori?

Lip

CWSpalehoseCWS
04-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Great game. Cold, but the W made all worth while.

ZombieRob
04-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Very nice showing by K Jackson today. Pierre off to a strong start so far this year.

Foulke You
04-07-2011, 07:44 PM

Lip
She has a bit of a different style to her play but it was good. "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" was played about a beat quicker than Nancy but overall I enjoyed her playing.

Bruizer
04-07-2011, 07:56 PM
It didn't seem like she played very much, except for a bit before the game started. She never did the Na Na Nana bit when the Rays pitchers were removed or when the game ended, and I definitiely missed the play on names and numbers Nancy would do when an opposing batter stepped up to the plate. She has her own style. It will take some getting used to.

Hendu
04-07-2011, 08:42 PM
What a huge game from Edwin, and the 'pen got a much needed rest. Hopefully this performance will rub off on the rest of the staff.

konerko 14
04-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Awesome game, I predict Jackson finishes with 19 wins :smile:

SephClone89
04-07-2011, 09:28 PM
It didn't seem like she played very much, except for a bit before the game started. She never did the Na Na Nana bit when the Rays pitchers were removed or when the game ended, and I definitiely missed the play on names and numbers Nancy would do when an opposing batter stepped up to the plate. She has her own style. It will take some getting used to.

:o:

That is honestly shocking.

soltrain21
04-07-2011, 09:30 PM
:o:

That is honestly shocking.

Yeah. Hopefully someone up top told her that is a huge no no. That's part of our tradition. She should have known that.

pmck003
04-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Yeah. Hopefully someone up top told her that is a huge no no. That's part of our tradition. She should have known that.

Honestly I liked that she didn't play it this game - Price pitched well enough (or AJ did terrible enough). Agree with the OP didn't really get a feel for her; seemed to blend in with other music.

soltrain21
04-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Honestly I liked that she didn't play it this game - Price pitched well enough (or AJ did terrible enough). Agree with the OP didn't really get a feel for her; seemed to blend in with other music.

He still left the game losing. I think it's dumb when it's played when the other team is winning - but if we chase a pitcher with the lead than that needs to get organed like nothing has ever been organed before.

Viva Medias B's
04-07-2011, 09:49 PM

Lip

She has a bit of a different style to her play but it was good. "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" was played about a beat quicker than Nancy but overall I enjoyed her playing.

As I said in the separate thread about Lori, it would be unfair to her if we demand that she be a carbon copy of Nancy. We have to let Lori develop her own musical identity. Even if that means a different tempo to "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" or not hearing "Na Na Na Na..." when an opposing pitcher is yanked, we have to move on.

SephClone89
04-07-2011, 09:50 PM
As I said in the separate thread about Lori, it would be unfair to her if we demand that she be a carbon copy of Nancy. We have to let Lori develop her own musical identity. Even if that means a different tempo to "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" or not hearing "Na Na Na Na..." when an opposing pitcher is yanked, we have to move on.

No. That's just wrong.

Viva Medias B's
04-07-2011, 09:51 PM
No. That's just wrong.

Is that a White Sox tradition or a Nancy tradition?

SephClone89
04-07-2011, 09:52 PM

It's a White Sox tradition.

Period.

soltrain21
04-07-2011, 09:53 PM

Became a White Sox tradition.

ChiSoxGirl
04-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Today was so awesome -- good company, great game by the Sox, and I was back "home" at the ballpark. :smile:

However, this was one of the coldest Opening Days I've attended. This was my tenth in eleven years and I can't remember it being as cold & damp as it was, nor that foggy! We were tailgating at the south end of Lot F and at one point, it was difficult to even see the ballpark! I wore four layers, but it took a hot shower when I got home for me to fully thaw out.

Harry Potter
04-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Today was so awesome -- good company, great game by the Sox, and I was back "home" at the ballpark. :smile:

Couldn't have said it better myself!

whitesox4eva
04-07-2011, 10:46 PM

However, this was one of the coldest Opening Days I've attended. This was my tenth in eleven years and I can't remember it being as cold & damp as it was, nor that foggy! We were tailgating at the south end of Lot F and at one point, it was difficult to even see the ballpark! I wore four layers, but it took a hot shower when I got home for me to fully thaw out.

It was quite cold...but I thought I remember it being colder like 2 or 3 years ago (don't remember the exact year). I for one didn't dress warm enough. All I wore was a knit sweater, a semi-light sox jacket, and my grandpa brought a very light windbreaker that I wore. I survived though! :redneck

Viva Medias B's
04-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Today was cold, but it wasn't the only cold Opening Day. I particularly remember April 13, 1992 which was very cold too. That was also the day of the Great Chicago Flood, coincidentally.

JB98
04-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Cold weather? Pffftttt...I'll put up with anything as long as the White Sox win.

The club really needed Jackson to pitch deep into today's ballgame. Brilliant performance. Just what the doctor ordered.

rdivaldi
04-07-2011, 11:13 PM
For all those talking about cold opening days, 2003 is by far the coldest I've ever attended. Overcast, windy and 37 degrees.

thomas35forever
04-07-2011, 11:15 PM
For all those talking about cold opening days, 2003 is by far the coldest I've ever attended. Overcast, windy and 37 degrees.
I can attest to this. It remains the only home opener I've ever been to.

Lip Man 1
04-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Viva:

You have no idea what cold is on an opening day. Try 1973 vs. the A's when they were still shoveling snow off to the sides of the field three hours before game time. And yes I and my high school friends were there watching all of it sitting in the first rowof seats in right center. We were able to speak with Reggie Jackson for a while.

Lip

RF/DH#3
04-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Became a White Sox tradition.

I understand your "Nancy" Tradition thing but outside of the White Sox? Where else did Nancy play this during the pulling of the oposing team pitcher? So, considering she was the White Sox organist for the past 40 years YES! It is a White Sox TRADITION!

Zakath
04-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Had to listen to this one on the road, but as many said, a team coming off two 12-inning games needed a starter to go deep into the game and EJ did just that.

What's scary is that after being 6-hit by EJ and Santos, Tampa's team BA for the season went UP from .136 to .145.

Another weird stat: After six games, the Sox have 77 hits to Tampa's 27, but only one more HR (5 to 4). The Yankees, in comparison, have 47 hits, 13 of which are homers. Small ball indeed...

slavko
04-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Just a nice solid team effort with great pitching. Got an early lead and rode Edwin to the finish. Glad they put up the insurance runs in the 8th to let Ozzie use Santos. I still think he might be the best option for a closer long term, but not having to push Thornton today makes me extra happy.

If there's two of us who think that we must be right. :smile: But Sergio didn't fool anyone in his one inning of work today. Thornton scared me as a closer before this season and he still does until proven otherwise.

cards press box
04-08-2011, 12:21 AM

Let's resign him instead of Buehrle.

The Sox very well might try to re-sign him. In any event, I cannot imagine the Sox not offering Jackson arbitration. If Jackson leaves as a free agent at the end of the season (and the Sox offer arbitration), the Sox will get a draft pick (or picks).

Lip

She was fine. Her playing style is different than Nancy's (and fans are going to have to adjust to that) but she did quite well.

DirtySox
04-08-2011, 12:24 AM
The Sox very well might try to re-sign him. In any event, I cannot imagine the Sox not offering Jackson arbitration. If Jackson leaves as a free agent at the end of the season (and the Sox offer arbitration), the Sox will get a draft pick (or picks).

Without question. Hopefully he continues to dominate and garners type A compensation.

TDog
04-08-2011, 01:12 AM
Viva:

You have no idea what cold is on an opening day. Try 1973 vs. the A's when they were still shoveling snow off to the sides of the field three hours before game time. And yes I and my high school friends were there watching all of it sitting in the first rowof seats in right center. We were able to speak with Reggie Jackson for a while.

Lip

I was there, too, skipping a day of high school. And watching the Sox lose 12-2 made it feel a lot colder. It wasn't a quick 12-2 either. Steve Stone in relief of Wilbur Wood just kept walking people. The next opener, in 1974, was cold, too, but that didn't stop the streaking in the stands when the game turned ugly on the way to an 8-2 loss. In 1974, I sat through a game that was called because of snow with the score tied in extra innings, but that wasn't opening day. Still, brutal weather is part of the opening day tradition.

I totally missed following today's game because I had to drive up to Oakland. This year's home opener was just a score to me, although I'm impressed and not surprised with what I've read of the game, weather-wise and baseball-wise. Even without Dunn, this looks like a very good White Sox team.

My favorite opener was spent sitting with Viva in 2003, but I think the game was only half as long as the pregame rain delay.

PeteWard
04-08-2011, 05:13 AM
Viva:

Lip

Opening Day 1980 vs Balt. I cut classes and came up from I.U. on a smelly Greyhound, the night before opening day. 4 1/2 hours. I did that because I also was there in 78 (and cut high school) when Blomberg hit the game tying homer off Boston and wanted to relive that.

It did not work out. Bad day all around, It was about 37 game time and the wind was bitter. Comiskey was a bit more than half full.Steve Trout vs Jim Palmer. Froze, froze and froze and Palmer pretty much had his way. Not a good opener and not a good year. 70-90. LaRussa's first year I think.

Could not face that Hound again and hitchhiked back in even worse weather. The **** I did when I was 19.

PeteWard
04-08-2011, 05:16 AM
If there's two of us who think that we must be right. :smile: But Sergio didn't fool anyone in his one inning of work today. Thornton scared me as a closer before this season and he still does until proven otherwise.

Thornton still has to prove himself but KC had to weak hits to tie up the Wed game. His stuff was good, I thought.

#1swisher
04-08-2011, 11:19 AM

Same weather, just add fog!

chisoxfanatic
04-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Same weather, just add fog!
http://www.sportsbuy.com/images/ordscans/new_thumbs/seller_listing/13564343.jpg
"What, I wasn't there!!!" :redneck