PDA

View Full Version : Bacardi Club/Will Call Question

Walker29
04-07-2011, 11:40 AM
My father in law is flying in for the game on Friday night 4/8. His flight was scheduled to arrive at 5:30pm at Midway, which would have given him plenty of time to meet up with my group, put his suitcase in a car, enjoy a tailgate beverage and then we could mosey into the stadium right around 7:11ish. Problem is, he might have to take a later flight that wouldn't get him to the ballpark until probably the 3rd inning or so, in which case we will all be in the park. Question #1 Would Bacardi in the Park be the perfect solution to this? Can I enter the stadium and go there to meet him inside and give him his ticket? Question #2 What to do with the suitcase? Does anyone know if it can be checked at the Guest Relations booth inside the stadium or outside at Gate 4...You can check your pet? Why not a small carry on bag...Has anybody ran into this problem before or have any other suggestions. Thanks for your help!

russ99
04-07-2011, 02:03 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ballpark/information/index.jsp?content=security

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ballpark/information/index.jsp?content=groundrules

I'd measure the carry-on bag, to see if it gets to that measurement. Some ballparks have restrictions on computers, and the Yankees don't allow iPads into the stadium. As far as I know there's no bag check-in at the park.

As for getting him the ticket, once you go in the stadium, you can't re-enter. Last year leaving TBD's (which is now the outdoor area of Bacardi's) gave you quick access into the park, but that was still a gate. I don't think you can leave the park, go to Bacardi's and go back in.

If he does take the late flight, I'd watch the first few innings in Bacardi At the Park, meet him there, then go up to your seats.

fisk4ever
04-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Bag Check Facility For any items that are too large to be carried into U.S. Cellular Field, guests may use the independent bag check facility located outside of Gate 5 in between parking lots A and B. There is a $2 fee per bag and the facility closes 30 minutes following the end of the game.

Walker, if you get a chance please let us know how the Bacardi option worked out. Enjoy a WS win!

Walker29
04-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the help. Father In Law ended up making it in plenty of time and had a blast at the game. Didn't go in Barcard at the Park, peeked inside though. Can't wait to check it out wait, I've seen the food menu and it sounds phenomenal.

WhiffleBall
04-13-2011, 08:13 AM
The bag check "facility" is actually the souvenir trailer stand east of the Bacardi Club. Most security and ticket workers did not know this on opening day. It took a trip to the sox offices near gate 4 to find someone who knew exactly which stand will hold your luggage. The guy just puts it right there behind the counter.