MtGrnwdSoxFan
04-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Awesome comeback, and Carlos is a god.

soltrain21
Christ. I'll take it.

harwar
All's well that end's well .. nice comeback guys ..

soxnut1018
Who needs defense? :bliss:
kM7C_yNlCLU

russ99
Great comeback and the pen held it together (somehow) in extras.

cbone
4 errors and we still get a W. Way to come back guys. :gulp:

Gavin
04-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Chris Sale with a walk, a hit, and two Ks over two IP. I like that.

Zakath
We absolutely stole a game we were destined to lose.

I'll take it.

gf2020
"In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: 'We will not go quietly into the night!' We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive!"

DirtySox
Ugly ugly game. I'll take it though.

delben91
THE Carlos Quentin is making his presence felt!

JermaineDye05
04-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Quentin is batting .500 with 7 XBH

I think he's earned this:

THE Carlos Quentin.

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/mlb/players/full/6192.png&w=350&h=254

palehozenychicty
THE Carlos Quentin is making his presence felt!

I just hope he can keep it up until everyone else joins the party.

KMcMahon817
It's a win...and they all count the same! Great to see they didn't lay down when they were down to their last out. Better bunt by Alexei there in the 12th...didn't end up mattering, but it was a nice bunt that did its job and turned into a hit. GO SOX!

JermaineDye05
04-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Hey, it's a winning roadtrip.

I'll take it.

Boondock Saint
04-06-2011, 05:58 PM
We won. Let's never do this again.

Noneck
04-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Maybe its time to lock up Quentin.

Foulke You
They stole last night's game, we stole today's game. We're even. I'll take a 3W-2L road trip. Now, let's have a nice homestand and give a rude welcome to the Tampa Bay Rays.

ChiSoxGal85
I was most thrilled that the boys scored 4 runs off of Soria to take it to extra innings. Now everyone can quit talking about "the last time the Sox scored against Soria was in 2009..."

Teahen dropping that routine fly ball was ugly. There were plenty of other mistakes too, but that one was blatant. Still don't know why Ozzie thinks he can play the outfield.

The good news was that the Sox didn't take Teahen's error as a momentum-changer, and go belly up like last night's Lillibridge base-running error, or the triple play in Cleveland. They showed guts and heart and I like it. :bandance::bandance::bandance:

WhiteSox5187
04-06-2011, 06:00 PM
THAT was an ugly win. Ugly, ugly, ugly. Having said that, I'll take it.

chisoxfanatic
04-06-2011, 06:01 PM
We absolutely stole a game we were destined to lose.

I'll take it.
It kind of evens things out for what happened last night.

voodoochile
Wow the Sox had no excuse winning that game. I mean that was some ugly ugly baseball, but in the end the Sox had TCQ and Chris Sale's ass and that was all they needed.

Actually it's kind of surprising Sale managed to get hit by that ball. I mean he's kind of scrawny, but in the end his end led to directly to the end and let that be the last ass joke we ever make on this subject. We certainly don't want to make Sale the butt of our jokes, we'd just look like asses...

Oh and on that note I awarded this in the game thread, but I don't know if anyone will see it, so...

Well done MtGrnwdSoxFan, you've earned the dubious distinction of winning POTW (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=13&id=4071)for your well timed comment.

:soxwin:

:)

:supernana:

Jimmy John
I need a shower after watching that game.

sox1970
How bad does Teahen get booed before the game tomorrow? He is not a fan favorite.

JermaineDye05
04-06-2011, 06:02 PM

They stole last night's game, we stole today's game. We're even. I'll take a 3W-2L road trip. Now, let's have a nice homestand and give a rude welcome to the Tampa Bay Rays.

I still think we gave them that game. At least, Lillibridge did.

johnnyg83
04-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Tnx Carlos.

ohthosechisox
04-06-2011, 06:04 PM
This two-game series in Kansas City has felt like it's been going on an entire week.

Nevertheless, I'm really glad to see that the '11 offense doesn't quit, and the fact that we may be witnessing the second coming of Quentin.

amsteel
I noted yesterday that the Sox had scored 6 runs in the 5th inning or later through 4 games, today they scored 10 in the 5th or later (technically the 7th or later).

That's what I call turning it around. It'll be nice going to USCF tomorrow in a good mood.

voodoochile
Oh and for all the grief they've taken this season, a shoutout to the bullpen who pitched 7 innings well yielding only 5 hits and one earned run. If Teahen had had Chris Sale's ass instead of his glove this game would have ended in regulation.

Zakath

That one was a bit more up in the air after the Peasants came back to tie it early.

We were absolutely dead in the water today.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
04-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Well done MtGrnwdSoxFan, you've earned the dubious distinction of winning POTW (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=13&id=4071)for your well timed comment.

My first POTW! :D:

Well, first I'd like to thank Chris Sale's glutes, because without them, none of this would have been possible! :redneck

But most of all, I'm glad I can revel with all you knuckleheads during a wild Sox win!

DumpJerry
04-06-2011, 06:12 PM
"Mark Teahen, report to the Principal's Office immediately."

Can Principals engage in corporal punishment? Please say yes.

Can we just leave Teahen in Kansas City? I see we activated Viciedo from the DL today and sent him to Charlotte. How soon can he get ready?

JermaineDye05
04-06-2011, 06:12 PM
What concerns me (What doesn't concern me?) is that now we're hitting the Rays when they're 0-5. They always play us hard.

Lip Man 1
04-06-2011, 06:13 PM
I agree...the last 24 hours felt like a month.

It's a win but my God, this team needs to clean some things up. Wow.

At least it's a "winning" road trip, perhaps getting back home will help solve a few issues.

Oh and like the thread title says "**** Kansas City" LOL

Lip

hawkjt
04-06-2011, 06:14 PM
I honestly think that ass-slap woke up Sale,and he was lites out the rest of the way in that closing innning...it was like he got pissed and said ''I am king kong and nobody slaps me in the arse!!''

That was a wild last 5 innings....thats baseball,as they say.

It was truly a beautiful way for the Sox to come into the home opener tomorrow...our buzz is no longer harshed!!

Oh,and thanks Carlos!!

Lip Man 1
04-06-2011, 06:14 PM
JD:

The Rays will almost certainly win the game Humber starts. I try to look at things in terms of road trips and home stands. The Sox have 10 at home, win six at least and you've done the job.

Lip

kevingrt
04-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Our bullpen is freaking me out right now though. It seems our guys just come in out of the bullpen unprepared. I know it's only been six days and five games but yuck this is not cool.

soltrain21
04-06-2011, 06:29 PM
I still want to know what purpose Mark Teahen serves.

Boondock Saint
04-06-2011, 06:30 PM

He's an ultra-strong laxative, according to my pants.

soxnut1018
04-06-2011, 06:36 PM
TCQ through 5 games: .500 avg, 2 homers, 5 doubles, 10 RBI's, and a 1.522 OPS. DAMN!

DumpJerry
04-06-2011, 06:42 PM
:reinsy:KW
Somebody has to carry our bags on and off the team plane.

guillensdisciple
04-06-2011, 06:43 PM
TCQ through 5 games: .500 avg, 2 homers, 5 doubles, 10 RBI's, and a 1.522 OPS. DAMN!

Noooo bigggg deaaaall!!! I back the Q up until he leaves the Sox. have had a mad obsession with him since the 08' season.

anyway, glad to see us show some fighting character after being down the entire game. That's definitely a good sign, and something we rarely did last year. I am worried about our pitching though. It has been really shady. Mark is obviously not the same starter he used to be, and that worries me because without Peavy we're trotting 3 pitchers out there. Granted Mark played with Milledge in the outfield, but still.

Crooked Number
04-06-2011, 06:49 PM
You want to talk about what makes baseball awesome. It's games like these. It's also what makes it terrifying, teeth clenching, and heart attack inducing.

Here's to getting to Soria finally gentlemen! :gulp:

Good to have that monkey off our back. Looking forward to the opener tomorrow, section 108.

Let's try to catch the baseball tomorrow.

Corlose 15
04-06-2011, 06:50 PM
A win is a win but this game wasn't pretty. Milledge and Teahen both look like absolute butchers in the outfield.

Obviously I'm less concerned about Alexei and Morel but overall this team isn't doing the little things that separate good teams from great ones.

That said, it's early, let's go home and start ourselves a bit of a winning streak.

Corlose 15
04-06-2011, 06:51 PM
JD:

The Rays will almost certainly win the game Humber starts. I try to look at things in terms of road trips and home stands. The Sox have 10 at home, win six at least and you've done the job.

Lip

That's some nice pessimism there Lip. :cool:

Foulke You
04-06-2011, 06:59 PM
From whitesox.com:

"The last time the White Sox came from three or more behind in the ninth inning on the road to win was Aug. 10, 2001, at Seattle"

soltrain21
04-06-2011, 07:00 PM
From whitesox.com:

"The last time the White Sox came from three or more behind in the ninth inning on the road to win was Aug. 10, 2001, at Seattle"

2001! Oh, wait...

quadcitiesfan
04-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Any chance we could get rid of Teahan before he hurts us any more? $4.7 mil for dropping fly balls and popping up, Put me in coach, I'm ready to play!:mad:

Carolina Kenny
04-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Carlos, I want to bear your children.( Based on a great line from Cathrine O'Hara on SCTV)

THE Carlos Quentin.

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/mlb/players/full/6192.png&w=350&h=254

hi im skot
04-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Any chance we could get rid of Teahan before he hurts us any more? $4.7 mil for dropping fly balls and popping up, Put me in coach, I'm ready to play!:mad:

Quad Cities represent!

Lip Man 1
04-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Corlose:

I prefer to call it realism. If they wind up somehow winning the game, all the better but I'm not willing to risk your life on it.

Like I said, 10 at home, win at least six...doesn't matter how or against whom.

Lip

quadcitiesfan
04-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Quad Cities represent!

Long time lurker, infrequent poster. Thanks.

TDog
04-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Maybe it is an indication of how good the White Sox, at least the offense, is this year when they can win a game on the road against a hot team while looking so bad.

The four errors on the scoreboard don't express how poorly the Sox played this afternoon. The misplay by Milledge in the first led to two runs. The missed swipe tag by Ramirez on a baserunner who had yet to arrive led to another. (Infielders aren't taught to swipe tag, at least they shouldn't be, but they do that to avoid getting spiked, especially if they've been spiked before. I hope Vizquel takes Ramirez aside.) Even on offense, Quentin running into an out on a play he could see developing in front of him was a head-scratcher. Konerko striking out with runners on first and third and none out was heartbreaking, especially when the Royals came back with three more to take a 5-0 lead in the bottom of the inning. Some Sox fans would have left early when Teahen dropped a routine fly to give the Royals another run in the eighth, seeming to drive the final nail in the coffin. (Shades of Keith Moreland, but at least he made a nice play at first later on a poor Pierzynski throw.) Even the fans who hit the tunnels after Soria got two routine groundouts to lead off the ninth should know better to ever leave a baseball game early.

Against Soria, with the Sox down to their last strike a couple of times, a single, a walk, two singles and a Quentin double that scored Lillibridge, a pinch runner who some here never wanted to see pinch-run for the White Sox again. It would have given the win to a relief pitcher who some here never wanted to see pitch for the Sox again, but for a second blown save in as many games in Kansas City.

To the bullpen's credit, Thornton limited to the Royals to just the one run, and Sale pitched out of a huge men-on-first-and-third-and-one-out jam in the 11th so that Quentin could lead off with another double. And Ramirez could beat out what was intended to be a very good sacrifice bunt. And Morel could pick up Teahen who failed to get the runner in from third. And Pierre would get the runner in from third with one out.

That wasn't a sloppy game that the Royals handed to the Sox, who had no business winning. That was a sloppy game in which the White Sox never gave up and did something to the Royals' All-Star closer that has never been done to him in his major league career. Even when the Royals came back and looked like a fifth straight last at-bat win was inevitable, the Sox didn't give up. It was only ugly if you are a Royals fan.

Quentin's four hits and nine total bases seems like a footnote, the clutch offense was so team-oriented today. And for most of the afternoon, it seemed meaningless.

So much for the White Sox giving up and never scoring after grabbing the early lead.

Today's game didn't show off defense, but it certainly showed off character.

It'sADunnBomb
04-06-2011, 07:26 PM
I may not have heard hawk say this the past few games after HR's, but does Alex Snelius still donate $100 after every Sox homer?

SoxSpeed22
04-06-2011, 07:26 PM
We really had no business winning this game with the way we played in the first 8 innings. But it still counts as a win. Obviously we need Edwin to go at least 7 tomorrow night.

Corlose 15
04-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Corlose:

I prefer to call it realism. If they wind up somehow winning the game, all the better but I'm not willing to risk your life on it.

Like I said, 10 at home, win at least six...doesn't matter how or against whom.

Lip

I'm touched you're not willing to risk my life on it..:cool:

In the last couple years the Sox have won games that Lucas Harrell, Felix Diaz, Carlos Torres, and Tony Pena have started. Would the Sox be favored? No, but to say that it's an "almost certainty" that they lose is pessimistic no matter what you call it.

BringHomeDaBacon
04-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Milledge and Teahen (and Lillibridge to a lesser extent) are complete garbage. The bench doesn't necessarily have to win a bunch of games for you but one would hope it isn't going to lose many. The division is so tight that the presence of these clowns could easily make the difference. I hope something is done sooner rather than later.

voodoochile
04-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Milledge and Teahen (and Lillibridge to a lesser extent) are complete garbage. The bench doesn't necessarily have to win a bunch of games for you but one would hope it isn't going to lose many. The division is so tight that the presence of these clowns could easily make the difference. I hope something is done sooner rather than later.

After 5 games you're willing to make that assessment are you?

Falstaff
04-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Saw Sale pitch thru the 11th inning excitement. After the boot put 2 on no out I started to think the game was lost. When he got the side out, I remembered El Duque against Boston, and realized the White Sox would likely win this one too. Sale able to keep his cool even with stressy situation I like that.

DirtySox
04-06-2011, 07:45 PM

Defensively he's right. But that shouldn't be news to anyone.

tstrike2000
04-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Rough outing for Mark coupled with 4 errors would normally be a loss, but nice comeback.

KMcMahon817
04-06-2011, 07:47 PM

I think you should give Milledge more of a shot. He'll hit. But, he sure did look bad in the field today. No reason he should be in LF and Juanny at DH. DH Milledge until Dunn is ready.

I have never been a Teahen fan, but I always thought he would be a decent super-utility player. But, after today, I just wish the SOX would DFA him. The SOX need a 4th outfielder that can actually field. DFA Teahen and promote De Aza. If he can't even catch routine fly balls, he has absolutely no purpose on this team because he is not going to get many innings in the infield.

soltrain21
04-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Saw Sale pitch thru the 11th inning excitement. After the boot put 2 on no out I started to think the game was lost. When he got the side out, I remembered El Duque against Boston, and realized the White Sox would likely win this one too. Sale able to keep his cool even with stressy situation I like that.

Nothing in a million years will ever compare to what El Duque did that magical inning.

BringHomeDaBacon
04-06-2011, 07:55 PM
I think you should give Milledge more of a shot. He'll hit. But, he sure did look bad in the field today. No reason he should be in LF and Juanny at DH. DH Milledge until Dunn is ready.

I have never been a Teahen fan, but I always thought he would be a decent super-utility player. But, after today, I just wish the SOX would DFA him. The SOX need a 4th outfielder that can actually field. DFA Teahen and promote De Aza. If he can't even catch routine fly balls, he has absolutely no purpose on this team because he is not going to get many innings in the infield.

Juan's getting up there in age. Even though it's early, I don't have a problem with giving his legs a bit of rest. Other than the next five days or so, Dunn's going to be in the DH slot so the opportunity to keep Juan in the lineup while resting his legs some will be rare if at all.

If you can't trust your fourth OF to play left, he shouldn't be on the team. Yes, Milledge might hit some but definitely not enough to justify atrocious fielding. Ideally, the fourth OF should be able to play a competent CF. Problems in LF are absolutely unacceptable.

KMcMahon817
04-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Juan's getting up there in age. Even though it's early, I don't have a problem with giving his legs a bit of rest. Other than the next five days or so, Dunn's going to be in the DH slot so the opportunity to keep Juan in the lineup while resting his legs some will be rare if at all.

If you can't trust your fourth OF to play left, he shouldn't be on the team. Yes, Milledge might hit some but definitely not enough to justify atrocious fielding. Ideally, the fourth OF should be able to play a competent CF. Problems in LF are absolutely unacceptable.

Which is exactly why I said Teahen has no spot on this team. De Aza could be the 4th outfielder and Milledge would mainly just get pinch hit at bats and occasional innings in the outfield. The problem is that both of the SOX current reserve outfielders at terrible outfielders. Cutting Teahen solves that problem, although I doubt it happens.

guillensdisciple
04-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Nothing in a million years will ever compare to what El Duque did that magical inning.

eL duque is my favorite baseball player of all time, and that was definitely one of my favorite memories in White Sox history.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
04-06-2011, 08:04 PM

+1.

That was just amazing. Even though the Sox were up 2-0 in the series, the momentum was definitely on Boston's side up until that point, and had they cashed in that opportunity and won the game, who knows what would have happened.

When El Duque kept them off the board in that bases loaded, no out situation, you just KNEW that the Sox were going to win. Not just the game and the series, but the whole thing. There was just too many signs showing it.

Iguchi's 3-run bomb off of Wells in Game 2 after Graffanino's boner, AJ's steal of first base, Konerko's HR frenzy in the first inning in the last games of the ALCS, the Sox coming back with that 5 run 5th against Houston, etc. That WAS magical.

I didn't feel the same magic with Sale's outing..only relief.

Red Barchetta
04-06-2011, 08:12 PM
I just hope he can keep it up until everyone else joins the party.

I agree. I'm hoping for .500 until Dunn and Peavy are back full time.

GoGoCrede
04-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Missed the whole thing, but I'm just glad we won, no matter if it was ugly.

We're ready for you here, Sox! See you tomorrow!

russ99
04-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Which is exactly why I said Teahen has no spot on this team. De Aza could be the 4th outfielder and Milledge would mainly just get pinch hit at bats and occasional innings in the outfield. The problem is that both of the SOX current reserve outfielders at terrible outfielders. Cutting Teahen solves that problem, although I doubt it happens.

Funny that every other Sox player gets slack but for some idiotic reason Teahen never does.

Think of all the boneheaded plays we've seen the last few years. Heck, think of some of the other boneheaded plays this game.

Where's the "cut Milledge" posts?

thomas35forever
04-06-2011, 08:42 PM
At least early on, we've learned our offense never quits. What they did against Soria proves it.

The pitching still hasn't hit its stride yet though and it's definitely a concern going forward, but for now, let's be glad we stayed above .500.

Hendu
04-06-2011, 08:53 PM
We should have won last night and lost; should have lost today and won. End up with a winning road trip. Need better starting pitching, better bullpen pitching and fewer mental mistakes in the field and on the basepaths.

LITTLE NELL
04-06-2011, 09:03 PM
I know Kotsay was last years whipping boy but strickly as a 4th outfielder and backup at first base I would take him over Milledge and Teahen in heartbeat.
Have a friend who is a Met fan and remembers him well, he told me when we got Milledge that he is useless.

beasly213
04-06-2011, 09:04 PM
That was just an awful couple games of baseball but they spilt the series. Over 162 games you're going to have crappy games and hopefully the Sox can come through more often than not.

Was happy to see Ozzie throw Sale out there again today and even happier to Sale pitch well. We're going to need him this year and getting his confidence back is huge.

KMcMahon817
04-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Funny that every other Sox player gets slack but for some idiotic reason Teahen never does.

Think of all the boneheaded plays we've seen the last few years. Heck, think of some of the other boneheaded plays this game.

Where's the "cut Milledge" posts?

Ya' know, I was on your boat until today. You are always the first to back up Teahen. While I didn't go that far, I did think he served a purpose on this ball club.

But really, the more I think, what is that purpose? He can't play an adequate outfield...which is even more important if your 4th outfielder is Milledge. He has a major league average bat..but his defense more than negates that. So, let's say the SOX keep him around as a super utility player...when's he going to play? Late inning pinch hit for Morel? I would sure hope Vizquel then replaces him in the field. Outfield replacement for Quentin late in games? Nah...Quentin is a better defender. The only real positives he brings to this line-up are his ability to play first base (probably the easiest position on the field) late in games when Paulie has been pinch-ran for....That'll happen under 20 times this year. And a pinch hit here and there for Morel? Oh, and as a DH against RHP for the next 4-6 days? SOX are way better off using his roster space with a guy who can actually play the outfield (De Aza). And, no, Lillian has not overtaken my account.

SI1020
04-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Nothing in a million years will ever compare to what El Duque did that magical inning. He did it with an ump that was squeezing him.

TheVulture
04-06-2011, 09:56 PM

Teahen and Lillibridge have been part of the team for a year... with Milledge can't really say at this point, but at the least this team could obviously improve by replacing Teahen and reducing Lillibridge's role to a minimum.

I don't know how it would effect his development, but I'm willing to say at this point this team would be better with Viciedo than Teahen.

TheVulture
04-06-2011, 09:59 PM

That's because the other Sox players are actually good at least at something and fulfill a role for the team.

Teahen does nothing for us.

MountainCur
04-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Quentin is the man.

But I have to spread a little love to Juan. He had a good game today. 3 of 6 and a couple of RBIs.

KMcMahon817
04-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Quentin is the man.

But I have to spread a little love to Juan. He had a good game today. 3 of 6 and a couple of RBIs.

Could not agree more. Juan rarely gets love around these parts. He has become one of my favorite players in baseball the past two years. Obviously playing for the SOX contributes to that, but he is a lot of fun to watch. Expecting a .300 average out of him this year.

Carneyman14
04-06-2011, 10:14 PM

soltrain21
04-06-2011, 10:18 PM

this. Is. Sparta!

kaufsox
04-06-2011, 10:19 PM
I believe that falls into Hawk's "other 40."

Frater Perdurabo
04-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Since we're talking about the back end of the bench, and given that we have an excellent fielder in Vizquel who can back up 3B, SS and 2B, I would rather have Mark Kotsay and DeWayne Wise than Brent Lillibridge and Mark Teahen.

Kotsay and Wise were big WSI whipping boys (including by me), but at least Kotsay plays good 1B defense and can pinch hit, while Wise plays solid defense at all three OF positions and can pinch run. (Their problems were that Ozzie overrated their mediocre hitting abilities by having Wise lead off and having Kotsay DH.)

OTOH, Lillibridge and Teahen are butchers with the glove and don't hit well enough to make up for their defensive butchery.

KMcMahon817
04-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Since we're talking about the back end of the bench, and given that we have an excellent fielder in Vizquel who can back up 3B, SS and 2B, I would rather have Mark Kotsay and DeWayne Wise than Brent Lillibridge and Mark Teahen.

Kotsay and Wise were big WSI whipping boys (including by me), but at least Kotsay plays good 1B defense and can pinch hit, while Wise plays solid defense at all three OF positions and can pinch run. (Their problems were that Ozzie overrated their mediocre hitting abilities by having Wise lead off and having Kotsay DH.)

OTOH, Lillibridge and Teahen are butchers with the glove and don't hit well enough to make up for their defensive butchery.

I agree. But, when Peavy comes back that probably spells AAA for Lillibridge...so he gone. And then just replace De Aza, who is actually similar to Wise (LH, decent speed, good outfielder, can't hit for a lick) with a little less power and BOOM! Problem solved.

asindc
04-06-2011, 10:32 PM

Love it!:D:

MountainCur
04-06-2011, 10:37 PM
I don't like to make complaints after a win - but I think I would feel great if I never have to see Milledge playing the outfield for us ever again.

manders_01
04-06-2011, 10:38 PM
My fellow chatters, you will be happy to know that while I ducked out of chat right before the 9th, I changed into my gym clothes and was back in front of the computer to see the whole rally. :bandance: But I did "watch" the rest of the game via pitch-by-pitch on my phone at the gym. The guys at the gym got a kick out of it. Especially the Twins fan who came in a tried to give my ****. I had to remind him that he doesn't have a leg to stand on at this point in time. :cool: They couldn't help but remind me how many games are left. My response, "If I'm like this now, just imagine what I'm like later in the season!" :D:

That might be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. :giverose:

I may not have heard hawk say this the past few games after HR's, but does Alex Snelius still donate $100 after every Sox homer?

No, Hawk has not mentioned it. I would assume since he has not announced after any of the HRs he does not.

That is an awesome pic! I can hear it perfectly! :tongue:

Marqhead
04-06-2011, 11:38 PM

And we have ourselves a new Facebook picture.

Crazy game, I'm hoping for a little less drama this weekend.

Thome_Fan
04-06-2011, 11:55 PM
I miss Pablo Ozuna. Can we trade Teahen for a few years ago's Pablo Ozuna?

ChiSoxGirl
04-06-2011, 11:56 PM

Speaking of last night, where is that game's TBGR?

slavko
04-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Quentin is the man.

He typically starts slowly. This is an aberration for him. Keep it up!

I agree. But, when Peavy comes back that probably spells AAA for Lillibridge...so he gone. And then just replace De Aza, who is actually similar to Wise (LH, decent speed, good outfielder, can't hit for a lick) with a little less power and BOOM! Problem solved.

Wise. One miracle catch erases 2 seasons of bad routes in our minds. No question that our OF defense is less than questionable. Rios is the one exception. Ok, Pierre can catch but not throw. We need another defensive OF, somewhere, somehow.

chisoxfanatic
04-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Speaking of last night, where is that game's TBGR?
Ummmm, I am no longer Ms. Tuesday. I am Ms. Thursday. Didn't you get the email? :?:

manders_01
04-07-2011, 12:21 AM

Wise. One miracle catch erases 2 seasons of bad routes in our minds. No question that our OF defense is less than questionable. Rios is the one exception. Ok, Pierre can catch but not throw. We need another defensive OF, somewhere, somehow.

If only Brad Hawpe would have decided to come to camp. Though his stats are comparable to Pierres, he's got a better arm in my opinion.

Gavin
04-07-2011, 12:23 AM
Just watched the MLB.com video recap of the game.. Hawk sounds so damn tired by the 12th inning that he's just like "...thattaboy" on Morel's go-ahead double.

Noneck
04-07-2011, 12:31 AM
Hawk sounds so damn tired by the 12th inning that he's just like "...thattaboy" on Morel's go-ahead double.

I got tired watching 24 innings in less than 24hrs. Announcing 24 innings must be tough from a guy thats a heck of a lot older than me and I'm no spring chicken.

Jurr
04-07-2011, 12:45 AM
Sloppy play so far this season by our Sox on the defensive side.
We are blessed to be rooting for a 3-2 ballclub after that nonsense.

Very good effort late in this game. It's time to get all phases going.

Corlose 15
04-07-2011, 12:45 AM
I miss Pablo Ozuna. Can we trade Teahen for a few years ago's Pablo Ozuna?

You must not remember Pablo Ozuna very well. He was BRUTAL in the outfield.

ZombieRob
04-07-2011, 12:51 AM
Ummmm, I am no longer Ms. Tuesday. I am Ms. Thursday. Didn't you get the email? :?:
Dammit I didn't get the mail either. My Internet life is Ovah!!

BigHurt3515
04-07-2011, 12:53 AM
You must not remember Pablo Ozuna very well. He was BRUTAL in the outfield.

I miss me some Willie Harris!!!

soxnut1018
04-07-2011, 12:57 AM
I miss me some Willie Harris!!!

I want Timo Perez back. Come on Timo!!!

chisoxfanatic
04-07-2011, 12:59 AM
Dammit I didn't get the mail either. My Internet life is Ovah!!
I'm sorry, ZR...I promise I will forward all of my emails to you from now on. :cool:

ZombieRob
04-07-2011, 01:15 AM
I'm sorry, ZR...I promise I will forward all of my emails to you from now on. :cool:
Good about time someone shows consideration around here. :redneck

doublem23
04-07-2011, 06:52 AM

That's because Mark Teahen has a multi-year deal worth over $10 million. And HE ****ING SUCKS.

Milledge and Lillibridge suck, too, but they're just organizational filler.

asindc
04-07-2011, 08:04 AM
If I had known the Sox were waiting for me to put Soria on my fantasy team before getting to him, I would have done it awhile ago. :cool:

asindc
04-07-2011, 09:05 AM

While Wise did take bad routes to balls and struggled with positioning, he is still much better defensively than either Teahen or Milledge. Teahen is on the fast track to being the worse Sox player of the KW era to be on the regular roster full-time.

gobears1987
04-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Teahan gets crap because he's Roger Dorn.

cws05champ
04-07-2011, 09:40 AM
While Wise did take bad routes to balls and struggled with positioning, he is still much better defensively than either Teahen or Milledge. Teahen is on the fast track to being the worse Sox player of the KW era to be on the regular roster full-time.
How soon we forget how Wise was roundly booed by the crowd (whether right or wrong) even when we knew what he was....a 4th OF. It was when we had injuries and he had to play more than he should have, that he was exposed.

Do you think we could get Brian Anderson back? No teal...he would be perfect for this team as long as the expectations are realistic. Maybe he could aid the Bullpen too....OK, teal on that one.

TomBradley72
04-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Cut Lillibridge and Teahen.

Replace with DeAza and a 12th pitcher.

STOP using Ohman as anything but a LOOGY.

We have zero organizational depth- so we'll be on a tightrope all season.

TheOldRoman
04-07-2011, 10:01 AM
While Wise did take bad routes to balls and struggled with positioning, he is still much better defensively than either Teahen or Milledge. Teahen is on the fast track to being the worse Sox player of the KW era to be on the regular roster full-time.Dude, Andy Gonzalez? It isn't even really close.

gobears1987
04-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Dude, Andy Gonzalez? It isn't even really close.

I'll call that and raise you a Royce Clayton.

BringHomeDaBacon
04-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Teahen's contract must have been a huge impediment to bench construction. Just off the top of my head I noticed Andruw Jones making $2 mil and Willie Bloomquist making $1 mil (both signed this off season).

Either that or they couldn't resist the temptation to prove themselves smarter than everybody else with Milledge.

TDog
04-07-2011, 10:39 AM

I always thought Wise played too shallow for his abiltity to get balls over his head, but of course his most famous catch was a ball crushed over his head. A lot of balls seem to drop in front of Pierre that probably shouldn't considering his speed. He doesn't seem to get a good jump on shallow flies. But Milledge gets no break at all on balls hit over his head. His first movement when a ball is hit seems to be forward. After Wednesday, I might trust Teahen more in left. Dropping a routine fly and appearing completely clueless in the outfield are two different things, although they have been known to overlap.

FielderJones
04-07-2011, 12:39 PM
I'll call that and raise you a Royce Clayton.

You can't call and raise. That's a string bet.

Besides, Clayton didn't make errors on the few balls he could get to.