PDA

View Full Version : Phil Humber

pythons007
04-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Can someone give somemore information on him. I just looked at his stats and noticed he's moved quite a bit in the small amount of time he's been a MLB player. The White Sox are his 4th team and he's only 29. Is there a reason why that is. I see that he's a prototypical KW guy (former first rounder).

Just curious.

kittle42
04-06-2011, 03:54 PM
The White Sox are his 4th team and he's only 29.

To be blunt, it's because he is not a very good professional baseball player.

DumpJerry
04-06-2011, 03:55 PM
He was the main guy the Twins got from the Mets for Johan.

Oooops.

pythons007
04-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Wow. That's who the Twins got for Johan?

Chez
04-06-2011, 04:07 PM

I believe Carlos Gomez was a big part of that trade too.

doublem23
04-06-2011, 04:43 PM
I believe Carlos Gomez was a big part of that trade too.

Yeah, Humber and Gomez were part of that deal as well as Delois Guerra and Kevin Mulvey.

Now that the Mets owe Johan $72 M over the next three years, plus $5.5 M to buy out his 2014 season if they want, it's looking like Minnesota might have gotten the better end of that deal.

soxfanreggie
04-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Yeah, Humber and Gomez were part of that deal as well as Delois Guerra and Kevin Mulvey.

Now that the Mets owe Johan $72 M over the next three years, plus $5.5 M to buy out his 2014 season if they want, it's looking like Minnesota might have gotten the better end of that deal.

Looking back, yes it looks like the Mets got the shaft. The Mets seem about as cursed as any team*, and I venture to guess that he may have remained healthy in Minnesota.

*besides the Cubs...nature...karma...whatever just doesn't like them.

asindc
04-06-2011, 04:51 PM

Yes, and they could have gotten Phil Hughes or Jon Lester or Clay Bucholz.

Marqhead
04-06-2011, 05:54 PM

You can thank their late season collapses for that turn of events. He had a couple stellar years and if they had gotten to the post season the outlook might have been different, but of course they're the Mets.

Right now it's looking like both teams got a raw deal, and Johan made out like a bandit.

DumpJerry
04-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Johan is on the 15 DL recovering from shoulder surgery. How effective will he be this year?

Humber might wind up with a better record.

Lip Man 1
04-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Humber might... in Charlotte because that's where he's heading in a few weeks assuming Peavy keeps moving forward.

Lip

KMcMahon817
04-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Humber might... in Charlotte because that's where he's heading in a few weeks assuming Peavy keeps moving forward.

Lip

Doubt it. Lillibridge. You think the SOX are going to carry 11 pitchers all year?

palehozenychicty
04-06-2011, 07:45 PM
You can thank their late season collapses for that turn of events. He had a couple stellar years and if they had gotten to the post season the outlook might have been different, but of course they're the Mets.

Right now it's looking like both teams got a raw deal, and Johan made out like a bandit.

This, is where the circle gets the square.

TheVulture
04-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Doubt it. Lillibridge. You think the SOX are going to carry 11 pitchers all year?

Not to mention Ohman...

doublem23
04-07-2011, 06:46 AM

Lip

The Sox are only able to carry 11 pitchers right now because of the way the April schedule works out, not necessitating a 5th start for most of the month. Lillibridge and Milledge are still going head-to-head to see who will stick once Peavy comes back, Humber to the bullpen. The way these jokers have pitched so far, the Sox are going to need every arm they can get.

russ99
04-07-2011, 09:43 AM

Lip

If Humber has a good outing on Saturday, that may change things up a bit, since he may end up being the long man.

I wonder how long Kenny would let salary get in the way of keeping Pena or Ohman on the roster if they don't start pitching better.