PDA

View Full Version : Is WSI Safe?

kermittheefrog
07-06-2002, 12:21 AM
MLB just ran AstrosDaily.com to is death. So this is a serious question, could WSI be a potential target of MLB's wrath on something like this?

http://www.astrosdaily.com/cgi-bin/forum/bbs?read=3872

PaleHoseGeorge
07-06-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
MLB just ran AstrosDaily.com to is death. So this is a serious question, could WSI be a potential target of MLB's wrath on something like this?

The flying sock is ours, Kermie. It dates back to the good ol' days at Rivals.com. One of their artists created a unique logo for this specific reason.

We're not that dumb. It only seems that way. :smile:

kermittheefrog
07-06-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

The flying sock is ours, Kermie. It dates back to the good ol' days at Rivals.com. One of their artist created a unique logo for this specific reason.

Awesome, my heart can now rest.

Daver
07-06-2002, 12:31 AM

I resemble that remark French Fry Boy.

Jerry_Manuel
07-06-2002, 12:33 AM
Essentially, any photos of Astros in uniform would constitute a violation.

Is Selig this dumb? Pissing off fans is the last thing he should be doing right now.

LongDistanceFan
07-06-2002, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Is Selig this dumb? Pissing off fans is the last thing he should be doing right now. yeah esp with the strike coming and this strike will hurt the image of baseball.

kermittheefrog
07-06-2002, 12:50 AM

Is Selig this dumb? Pissing off fans is the last thing he should be doing right now.

What are you talking about? AstrosDaily.com is a detriment to the proud Houston franchise and major league basbeall.

DUH

Jerry_Manuel
07-06-2002, 12:58 AM
What are you talking about? AstrosDaily.com is a detriment to the proud Houston franchise and major league basbeall.

DUH

I'm just a fan, what do I know?

CLR01
07-06-2002, 02:07 AM

The flying sock is ours, Kermie. It dates back to the good ol' days at Rivals.com. One of their artist created a unique logo for this specific reason.

It wouldnt be (as in the case with astros daily) just the flying sock, which they would have no case. It would be the various photos of players where the Sox logo are shown, the wall paper, the COTW, etc....anything that is a trademark of any ball club or MLB unless you have a agreement with the club or the MLBP.

baggio202
07-06-2002, 02:26 AM

are you really asking if selig is dumb?? :)

riensdorf would never attempt to shut down sox sites run by fans...he doesnt have the luxary of 45k a night going to his park like the astros do..how many more fans can he afford to alienate???...nevermind...dont answer that

Jerry_Manuel
07-06-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by baggio202
are you really asking if selig is dumb?? :)

I know he's dumb, was just asking if he was that dumb. :smile:

TheBigHurt
07-06-2002, 03:09 PM
how many teams actully have sites like WSI or Astrosdaily im guessing almost everyteam.

Foulke You
07-06-2002, 04:47 PM

http://www.astrosdaily.com/cgi-bin/forum/bbs?read=3872

Yet another example of how lawyers and corporate entities are f#$@ing up this country. I feel bad for the guy who ran that site and I don't blame him for not wanting to support a team or league that doesn't want his support.

:tool
"MLB and I has decided that the following fan sites will be left alone: Brewersdirect.com, Breweronline.com, BernieBrewer.com, Brewerjunction.com, MilwaukeeBrewerInteractive.com."

raul12
07-06-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

"MLB and I has decided that the following fan sites will be left alone: Brewersdirect.com, Breweronline.com, BernieBrewer.com, Brewerjunction.com, MilwaukeeBrewerInteractive.com."

the irony of it all is that the brewers organization has to be one of the worst if not THE worst organization from top to bottom in the entire MLB. they have a new stadium, but the roof is already f'ed up, someone got killed during the construction of the stadium, their attendence is already going into the *****ter....i could go on, but i'd just get more pissed.

Nellie_Fox
07-07-2002, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by raul12
the irony of it all is that the brewers organization has to be one of the worst if not THE worst organization from top to bottom in the entire MLB. they have a new stadium, but the roof is already f'ed up, someone got killed during the construction of the stadium, their attendence is already going into the *****ter....i could go on, but i'd just get more pissed. Most of your point is well taken, but construction work is dangerous work. People get hurt, people get killed. This is one thing that is definitely not the fault of Selig or the Brewers.

CLR01
07-07-2002, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Most of your point is well taken, but construction work is dangerous work. People get hurt, people get killed. This is one thing that is definitely not the fault of Selig or the Brewers.

Agreed. There was a consturction accident here in Schaumburg a few years back when a man died after falling off the top floor of an office building then being built.

palehosemike
07-09-2002, 12:15 AM
Another Astro's fan site got hit - Astrosconnection.com

I tell you what Selig has figured out a great way to alienate fans. Go after the diehards who put together these sites - PITIFUL

All those sites do is promote baseball - PITIFUL

Between the looming strike and this crap I think Baseball is headed for the ****ter.

PHM

Soxheads
07-09-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by palehosemike
Another Astro's fan site got hit - Astrosconnection.com

I tell you what Selig has figured out a great way to alienate fans. Go after the diehards who put together these sites - PITIFUL

All those sites do is promote baseball - PITIFUL

Between the looming strike and this crap I think Baseball is headed for the ****ter.

PHM

Damn! My favorite 'Stros site.

This is now getting to the point where I'm not really going to care if there's a strike.

palehosemike
07-09-2002, 12:24 AM
SH - Nice signature! You think the Cyclones can bring forth a Heisman winner? Look for CU's Chris Brown to contend for the hardware - if he gets enough carries - The Buffs have a three headed running beast in Brown, Bobby Purify, and Marcus Houston.

PHM

Soxheads
07-09-2002, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by palehosemike
SH - Nice signature! You think the Cyclones can bring forth a Heisman winner? Look for CU's Chris Brown to contend for the hardware - if he gets enough carries - The Buffs have a three headed running beast in Brown, Bobby Purify, and Marcus Houston.

PHM

Thanks, Mike.

Seneca Wallace should be a canidate, but the Clones will never get a Heisman winner in my lifetime. I look forward to the CU-ISU game, they are always good. Remind me you're a Buffs fan when it's closer to the game.

Well, although none of you care, I'm off to bed.