PDA

View Full Version : Man Ram getting booed in the Trop

doublem23
04-06-2011, 12:29 AM
1-12 to open the season, the boo-birds are out in Tampa.

Question... Does he make it to the end of the year in TB or does he get outrighted?

CWSpalehoseCWS
04-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Depends on how he does. If he pulls what he did here, he's ousted.

DumpJerry
04-06-2011, 08:01 AM
1-12 to open the season, the boo-birds are out in Tampa.

Question... Does he make it to the end of the year in TB or does he get outrighted?
Hold on there......are you saying there might be someone in the stands at The Trop?

Or is it his teammates that are booing?

LITTLE NELL
04-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Me thinks it was a big mistake for the Rays to sign Manny and Damon.

C-Dawg
04-06-2011, 08:12 AM

LOL Good one!

Manny needs to hang it up.

asindc
04-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Me thinks it was a big mistake for the Rays to sign Manny and Damon.

Me thinks you are right. They both strike me as PR moves more than baseball moves. Ramirez plays as if he doesn't care anymore. Damon is just plain washed-up.

ChiSoxGal85
04-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Hold on there......are you saying there might be someone in the stands at The Trop?

:rolling:

He didn't do that great here last year, but I don't remember him getting booed by Sox fans. I wonder if he's doing his "Manny being Many" act and/or isn't putting forth the effort.

Boondock Saint
04-06-2011, 09:53 AM
:rolling:

He didn't do that great here last year, but I don't remember him getting booed by Sox fans. I wonder if he's doing his "Manny being Many" act and/or isn't putting forth the effort.

That's being awfully generous.

ewokpelts
04-06-2011, 10:41 AM
remember, florida has plenty of transplanted bostonians. AND transplanted new yorkers

Bobby Thigpen
04-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Man, that's too bad. Such a nice guy.

C-Dawg
04-06-2011, 10:58 AM
I wonder if he's doing his "Manny being Manny" act and/or isn't putting forth the effort.

Yep.... To me, "Manny being Manny" means looking bored and uninterested in the batter's box.

Foulke You
04-08-2011, 02:00 AM
Me thinks you are right. They both strike me as PR moves more than baseball moves. Ramirez plays as if he doesn't care anymore. Damon is just plain washed-up.
I think Manny is washed up AND he doesn't care. I don't believe he has a shred of the power he once had and has become a singles/walks hitter just like he was for us last September. The Rays are going to likely be trading away some of their remaining veteran pieces to contenders at the deadline if they don't get that ship righted. The AL East doesn't lend itself to miracle comebacks.

VenturaFan23
04-08-2011, 07:17 AM

No kidding. They were desperate attempts to plug up holes in the lineup left by Crawford and Pena which predictably aren't working.

EnglishChiSox
04-08-2011, 04:21 PM
He gone, Manny alledgedly retires, twitter is the source though

Red Barchetta
04-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Living in Sarasota, I have a good source that told me all 4,327 fans at the game boo'd him! :?:

If any of you need a nice break from Chicago, come on down later this month. You will have NO problems getting good tickets! They could barely sell out the place as the AL Champs and post-game concert on Saturday nights so the SOX M-TH will be no problem!

Bobby Thigpen
04-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Just thought I'd throw this up there-

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=125693&page=2

Post 20 cracks me up. Especially now.