PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Groupon Offer 49 bucks for lower deck tix and patio party.

cbone
04-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Just got this e-mail.

Pretty good deal.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/groups/gsg/groupon.jsp?partnerId=1Q3184EM1-26CM9

gregoriop
04-05-2011, 08:58 AM
How is the food usually at these? We were going to go this weekend and I can put a hurtin' on a buffet.

ewokpelts
04-05-2011, 08:59 AM
How is the food usually at these? We were going to go this weekend and I can put a hurtin' on a buffet.solid. if you've been to a grinder bash, then you've had the patio food.

unlimited beer is usually the selling point i use when organizing a group in the patio.

cbone
04-05-2011, 09:09 AM
How is the food usually at these? We were going to go this weekend and I can put a hurtin' on a buffet.

"The Patio Party consists of an all-you-can-eat buffet with a delicious menu catered by Baseball Buffet featuring BBQ ribs, Cajun chicken, fried chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers, side salads, wine, Miller and Pepsi products."

Can't beat if for the price. 49 bucks? That's about 4 beers and 2 hot dogs from a vendor during the game.

Harry Potter
04-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Yep, it's the standard Bertucci Brothers patio party spread.

The Sox had this Groupon last year as well. A great way to fill the ballpark early on.

Gavin
04-05-2011, 11:23 AM
The weather this weekend is supposed to be pretty awful.

skobabe8
04-05-2011, 11:35 AM
They are offering a $37 Monday deal as well.

Foulke You
04-05-2011, 01:53 PM
A friend of mine fwded this to me so I thought I'd share. Pretty good deal for a lower reserve ticket plus a patio pass:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/chicago-white-sox-1?utm_campaign=chicago-white

Foulke You
04-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Sorry mods. Didn't see this one posted already.:redface:

everafan
04-05-2011, 04:18 PM

The food is very good. This is actually an unbelievable deal. 2 hour buffet and bar plus decent tix. Had my husband's 40th there and it was LEGEN (wait for it) DARY!

Cat Thief
04-05-2011, 04:42 PM
I must be the only one who thinks the food is average and that the patio area can you use a total overhaul.
I still bought 4. The beer is always cold.

:gulp:

salty99
04-05-2011, 09:41 PM
I must be the only one who thinks the food is average and that the patio area can you use a total overhaul.

Definitely agree on the overhaul part

ewokpelts
04-06-2011, 12:05 PM

Definitely agree on the overhaul partwhy are they going to "overhaul" something that was rennovated a few years ago?

fox23
04-06-2011, 12:08 PM

I agree on both counts. It would be nice to see a few other options too, at least something like fries or chips or something.

Streets
04-06-2011, 05:06 PM
I agree on both counts. It would be nice to see a few other options too, at least something like fries or chips or something.

Wait they serve burgers, dogs and chicken but no chips to go with?

skobabe8
04-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Wait they serve burgers, dogs and chicken but no chips to go with?

potato and macaroni salads

Cat Thief
04-06-2011, 05:42 PM
why are they going to "overhaul" something that was rennovated a few years ago?

I get it that you think the Patio is great. In my opinion its very drab. I still go when the price is right.

skobabe8
04-06-2011, 06:47 PM
I get it that you think the Patio is great. In my opinion its very drab. I still go when the price is right.

I dont disagree. They made some nice and much needed changes, but it could use a facelift.

spongyfungy
04-06-2011, 07:06 PM
If you recently joined groupon, they send out $10 coupons to first time buyers. I would join groupon, wait a few days for them to send it, then buy it

skobabe8
04-06-2011, 07:13 PM
If you recently joined groupon, they send out $10 coupons to first time buyers. I would join groupon, wait a few days for them to send it, then buy it

That would be an amazing idea if the deal was still available.

#1swisher
04-06-2011, 07:17 PM
This Groupon (http://www.groupon.com/deals/chicago-white-sox-1) deal ended April 5th @ 11:59pm

DaveIsHere
04-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Weather looks good for Saturday, good enough for me to chance it and take the boys to their first game. Score 4 tickets in section 130. Not bad at all.

ewokpelts
04-07-2011, 09:27 PM
I get it that you think the Patio is great. In my opinion its very drab. I still go when the price is right.explain to me, expert on stadium party areas, how the RENNOVATED patio area needs an "overhaul". and keep in mind the limitations of the space itself.

ewokpelts
04-07-2011, 09:27 PM
If you recently joined groupon, they send out $10 coupons to first time buyers. I would join groupon, wait a few days for them to send it, then buy itgroupon cash does NOT apply to the offer, as it's administered by ticketmaster

fox23
04-07-2011, 10:15 PM
explain to me, expert on stadium party areas, how the RENNOVATED patio area needs an "overhaul". and keep in mind the limitations of the space itself.

Personally, I think it would be nice to get rid of the long rows of picnic tables and replace them with smaller tables. I understand why they don't do it as they can fit more people in a cattle style picnic area, but it does get old trying to climb over bodies to make it to the food/bathrooms.

Cat Thief
04-08-2011, 10:49 AM
explain to me, expert on stadium party areas, how the RENNOVATED patio area needs an "overhaul". and keep in mind the limitations of the space itself.

Excuse me mister know it all, which ****ing part of "in my opinion" didn't you get? Did I claim to be an expert?

ewokpelts
04-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Excuse me mister know it all, which ****ing part of "in my opinion" didn't you get? Did I claim to be an expert?still havent answered my ****ing question.

They rennovated the patio a few years ago. And made needed improvements. I dont see what else they can do. It's not in an ideal spot, to say the least, so they have limits on what they can add to the experience. and the bullpen bar still seems to be a higher priority of the Bertuccis and the Sox.

ewokpelts
04-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Personally, I think it would be nice to get rid of the long rows of picnic tables and replace them with smaller tables. I understand why they don't do it as they can fit more people in a cattle style picnic area, but it does get old trying to climb over bodies to make it to the food/bathrooms.maybe they can reallign the tables. there's no need to rows that long.