PDA

View Full Version : Twinks Winning Big

Viva Magglio
07-05-2002, 11:09 PM
Torii Hunter has two i's in his first name and 4 RBI's as he hit a grand slam to put the Twinks up on Seattle 8-4.

7˝, here we come!

CerberusWG
07-05-2002, 11:14 PM
Good to see JB still blows!

Nellie_Fox
07-06-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Torii Hunter has two i's in his first name and 4 RBI's as he hit a grand slam to put the Twinks up on Seattle 8-4.

7˝, here we come! Not only 7 1/2 out against a team that's more talented, but now only 2 games ahead of the Jndjans, who already ran up the white flag. Better start worrying more about staying in second than catching first. This team has quit.

LongDistanceFan
07-06-2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Not only 7 1/2 out against a team that's more talented, but now only 2 games ahead of the Jndjans, who already ran up the white flag. Better start worrying more about staying in second than catching first. This team has quit.

release royce, bring up crede, move jose to ss, trade ray move willie to 2b and trade lee if need to play jeff and rowand out there.

hopeful we can get good prospect from someone.

ohhh i know i am going to get flame by you for the royce comment. :D:

Jerry_Manuel
07-06-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
release royce, bring up crede, move jose to ss, trade ray move willie to 2b and trade lee if need to play jeff and rowand out there.

hopeful we can get good prospect from someone.

They won't do anything of the kind, and that's more frustrating then watching them lose.

LongDistanceFan
07-06-2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

They won't do anything of the kind, and that's more frustrating then watching them lose. i would even be happy with the releasing of the curr name royce.

Nellie_Fox
07-06-2002, 01:17 AM
i would even be happy with the releasing of the curr name royce. Yep, if it wasn't for Clayton, this team would be ten games in front and cruising.

Jerry_Manuel
07-06-2002, 01:42 AM
Yep, if it wasn't for Clayton, this team would be ten games in front and cruising.

They'd still be 3 or 4 back minus Royce.

I'd just find the games easier to watch if Crede were here.

LongDistanceFan
07-06-2002, 05:20 AM
Yep, if it wasn't for Clayton, this team would be ten games in front and cruising. yup....... but at least crede will be playing, the infield situation will be taken care and the cancer that we think he is will be gone.

Nellie_Fox
07-07-2002, 02:50 AM
yup....... but at least crede will be playing, the infield situation will be taken care and the cancer that we think he is will be gone. How is the infield situation taken care of? By moving Valentin and his errors back to arguably the most important defensive position on the team? Get rid of Clayton and the Sox have no shortstop. Not only is Valentin terrible defensively, but his hitting has gone back to his career levels. 2000 was a career year, and people on this site can't let go of it. They keep thinking it will happen again.

Jerry_Manuel
07-07-2002, 02:57 AM
How is the infield situation taken care of? By moving Valentin and his errors back to arguably the most important defensive position on the team? Get rid of Clayton and the Sox have no shortstop. Not only is Valentin terrible defensively, but his hitting has gone back to his career levels. 2000 was a career year, and people on this site can't let go of it. They keep thinking it will happen again.

The Sox can live with Jose at short in 2003 because they won't be winning the Series anyway. You'll go into 2004 with Crede and Hummell on the left side.

Valentin hit great in 2000 because he was hitting in front of a red-hot Thomas. That's not the case any longer.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-07-2002, 09:11 AM
How is the infield situation taken care of? By moving Valentin and his errors back to arguably the most important defensive position on the team? Get rid of Clayton and the Sox have no shortstop. Not only is Valentin terrible defensively, but his hitting has gone back to his career levels. 2000 was a career year, and people on this site can't let go of it. They keep thinking it will happen again.

Come on, Nellie. Your point is silly.

CATCHER is the most-important defensive position on the team, not Clayton's. If not for playing Clayton everyday, somebody like Mark Johnson could be rocking in the easy chair of the #9 slot, like he did in 2000 when the Sox won 95 games.

Acquiring Clayton has been a nightmare for this organization. It's been nearly a year since KW went public, admitting he only ever traded for Clayton so he could turn around and trade him again. You are truly on your own if you still think anybody in the Sox organization thought picking up Clayton was a smart move.

And please stop whining about errors. We've done this topic to death. Nobody has come up with a convincing argument to change anybody else's opinion on it for months. If you believe Clayton should be playing everyday based strictly on making fewer errors, you're in a definite minority. That is, of course, unless you can come up with a new argument we haven't heard in the past 15 months from somebody else.

Frankly, it's all pointless. Clayton is going to keep playing, and Joe Crede is going to stay in the minors. It will stay this way until the end of the season, or a strike. I'm betting on the latter.

It's also clear Clayton won't be with the team after this season. The Sox are looking to cut payroll. We can't afford the team we have, remember? I wouldn't be surprised if Clayton ends up on somebody's bench next season, or out of baseball entirely. Draw your own conclusions about what that says about his true value.

And I'm betting he whines about needing to hit .300, too. Except next year nobody will bother to listen to him, because he'll be doing it inside his home while watching baseball on TV.

Give him a call. He'll probably enjoy the company.

LongDistanceFan
07-07-2002, 09:43 AM

i been wondering, are you related to clayton or what. your love affair with him is amazing. when he is gone from this team, we will see how much damage he has done. what a great team player he really is

Jjav829
07-07-2002, 10:07 AM

i been wondering, are you related to clayton or what. your love affair with him is amazing. when he is gone from this team, we will see how much damage he has done. what a great team player he really is

O please. Some of you people are just obsessed with this hate for Clayton. Lets get this straight right now. He is not ruining this team. Im tired of hearing that everything is Clayton's fault. I don't like him either, but Im not going to sit here and say that hes ruining the team, blah blah blah. Is it Clayton's fault Frank is hitting .239? Is it Clayton's fault that the Sox have only one consistent starter? Is it Clayton's fault that players like Lofton, Valentin, Lee, and Durham have been far from consistent at the plate this year? Is it Clayton's fault that Manuel can't manage his bullpen correctly? And I can go on with some of the things that some people seem to like to put on Clayton. He is not that big of a cancer, if at all. Some of his teammates may not like him, but the majority of the team likes Clayton and can get along with him. Im sure the removal of Clayton will add atleast 10 wins to the Sox record next year. What a cancer...

LongDistanceFan
07-07-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

i have said over and over again that the blame should fall on KW for putting and assembling this team. from his overestimation of ritchie to not realizing the extent of those who were rehabbing from last yr injuries.

lets go with pit
1. MB the real ace
2. JG ... at times showed real good stuff.
3. ritchie????
4. ?, 5. ? come on, let see this for what it really is

playing,
dh. frank he is a real slump
1b. paulie - allstar and leader
2b. ray, where is he???
ss. no hit and regardless of those in love with him limited range
3b. jose - ok he is prone to errors but he is a ss and provides more to the team just like frank
of. mags - all star cf. lofton is he going to reappear but is still better than rowand and lets not forget about lee

ok, royce whether he is a cancer or not, he should be released, move jose to ss and bring up crede. imo trade lee and ray for prospects and wait for frank to get out of his slump........... and i hope he does. 1 or 2 players can't carry a whole team like they use too. the pit has to be there and it hasn't..........

there is alot of blame to go around .............. but to tell me that he, royce does not have a negative effect on the team is senseless unless you have proof that he doesn't, whereas it has been mention that he is a cancer. last yr their was plenty of info that got passed around............ in addition his ex teammate from other teams have told of his personality. even kw have mention that it was a mistake to have traded for him, that does not bode well for clayton ........ the performance of the team relies on management as well....... so again there is plenty of blame to go around but whose responsibility is it to acquire the players to put on the field????????