PDA

View Full Version : Evan Longoria to 15 day DL

illini81887
04-03-2011, 11:35 AM
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/03/longoria-thinks-oblique-injury-wont-require-disabled-list/

California Sox
04-03-2011, 11:41 AM
We miss him for four games at home. Eligible to return for the first game of four at quirky Tropicana Field.

SephClone89
04-03-2011, 11:44 AM
We miss him for four games at home. Eligible to return for the first game of four at quirky Tropicana Field.

Damn, I hadn't thought of that. I really like Longoria, would've been nice to see him.

LITTLE NELL
04-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Watched the Rays last night and in the 5th inning, Brian Anderson, the color man commented on Longoria's swing and said he needs to be a little more aggresive, little did he know that Longoria was hurting and did not come out to the field for the 6th inning.
I don't think the Rays are going to be much better than .500 this year, Johnny Damon is no Carl Crawford and Manny is just about done. Dan Johnson is no Carlos Pena either, Carlos had a lousy BA the last few years but is still good for 30 HRS and 90 RBIs and is also one of the best fielding first basemen in MLB.

PS That is not our Brian Anderson.

doublem23
04-03-2011, 01:23 PM
that's good

DirtySox
04-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Good timing.

PeteWard
04-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Watched the Rays last night and in the 5th inning, Brian Anderson, the color man commented on Longoria's swing and said he needs to be a little more aggresive, little did he know that Longoria was hurting and did not come out to the field for the 6th inning.
I don't think the Rays are going to be much better than .500 this year, Johnny Damon is no Carl Crawford and Manny is just about done. Dan Johnson is no Carlos Pena either, Carlos had a lousy BA the last few years but is still good for 30 HRS and 90 RBIs and is also one of the best fielding first basemen in MLB.

PS That is not our Brian Anderson.

Is Damon playing 1B now? If so, is he any good?

Thanks

LITTLE NELL
04-04-2011, 05:12 AM
Is Damon playing 1B now? If so, is he any good?

Thanks

First 2 games; started in LF.
Sunday; did not play.

doublem23
04-04-2011, 08:26 AM

Maddon's comments yesterday didn't make it sound like he'd be ready then, either.

hawkjt
04-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Maddon's comments yesterday didn't make it sound like he'd be ready then, either.

Yes, I heard that Longoria will be out at least 3 weeks.
Sorry, but I am pleased to hear that.
Sox play them 8 times in the next 3 weeks.
Sox need every edge they can get.

This is pro sports...just win.

I hope Nathan is a shell of his former self,and that Morneau never regains his form either.