PDA

View Full Version : Lost season?

balboner
07-05-2002, 09:25 PM
Instead of everyone on the Sox saying how they can make up ground w/their schedule right now, they should be more concerned about falling out of the race completely. The team is as flat as can be, and it's all the veterans that look like they dont want to be there (lofton, thomas, foulke)

Foulke You
07-05-2002, 10:32 PM
We're fading fast. It's starting to be a chore to watch this team play. I hope the Osuna strike out of Sammy wasn't the last high point of the season for us.

Nellie_Fox
07-06-2002, 01:42 AM
This team is dead in the water. This was supposed to be the big chance; the Twins on a deadly west coast swing while the Sox get weak teams. Well, we can see where that is going. The Twins are a better team, player for player, and they are playing with heart. They have come from behind to win over twenty times this year. The Sox have, what, maybe 2?

The Sox are on Fox tomorrow and WGN Sunday, and I'm not all that enthused about watching. All I ask is a team that looks like it cares.

Jerry_Manuel
07-06-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
This team is dead in the water. This was supposed to be the big chance; the Twins on a deadly west coast swing while the Sox get weak teams. Well, we can see where that is going. The Twins are a better team, player for player, and they are playing with heart. They have come from behind to win over twenty times this year. The Sox have, what, maybe 2?

The Sox just don't have the horses to get the job done. I've been saying it since March. Minnesota just wants it more then the Sox do.

Paulwny
07-06-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

The Sox are on Fox tomorrow

I see very few games and always look forward to seeing them. I'll be watching but, suspect my wife will leave the room when the cursing begins.

Pete Ward
07-06-2002, 12:01 PM
Im in Dallas and its been very disheartening to watch. When you get very few games to watch and see the effort this team is putting forth it makes me sick.

Im sorry but the only thing left might be to fire Manual to "Schock" this team out of the doldrums. Although Im not sure who is out there that could do a better job with this bunch of under achievers.

I'll be watching Sunday vs Cleveland in the hopes that we will take 2 of 3. Im afraid that a STRIKE may finely take the heart out me. I feel really bummed by this year... :gulp:

This is a very young team and it already is headed for a rebuilding effort. :whiner: