PDA

View Full Version : Busch Stadium Opening Day Attendance

MARTINMVP
03-31-2011, 10:18 PM
Very shocked to see today that the attendance for opening day at Busch Stadium was rather bleak. A lot of empty seats. Weather wasn't that cold there (thought should chilly weather affect opening day in St. Louis?), and it was an early afternoon game. I remember U.S. Cellular being sold out opening day last year (right?).

Kind of odd for St. Louis today don't you think?

canOcorn
03-31-2011, 10:50 PM
Very shocked to see today that the attendance for opening day at Busch Stadium was rather bleak. A lot of empty seats. Weather wasn't that cold there (thought should chilly weather affect opening day in St. Louis?), and it was an early afternoon game. I remember U.S. Cellular being sold out opening day last year (right?).

Kind of odd for St. Louis today don't you think?

400 less people than last year. :shrug:

soxlady8
04-04-2011, 04:34 PM
People might be getting mad because most likely Albert won't be back in St. Louis next year. Mr. Soxlady 8 who is a die hard fan of the Cards said he would cheer more for the Sox than the Cards next year if they don't shell out the money for Albert !!!

Foulke You
04-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Very shocked to see today that the attendance for opening day at Busch Stadium was rather bleak. A lot of empty seats. Weather wasn't that cold there (thought should chilly weather affect opening day in St. Louis?), and it was an early afternoon game. I remember U.S. Cellular being sold out opening day last year (right?)
Opening Day was sold out last year and has been sold out for the Sox for the last 6 or 7 seasons. The last time they didn't sellout an Opener was 2003 I believe but there was still 41,000 in the house though. (This was prior to UD renovations)