PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic coaching

balboner
07-05-2002, 08:16 PM
Great job of Manuel leaving Garland in for the 7th after Fryman's hit as it was obvious he was throwing lollipops to the plate. Also, I've never seen a team try to hit homers on every pitch. Gary Ward must think they're in Colorado or something, cause their swings are horrible

Chisoxfn
07-05-2002, 08:20 PM
I just want to know what Ward tells Frank because its so obvious that Hurt, first off isn't seeing pitches and secondly that he is flying open. To me thats the sole reason Frank is struggling. Of course having a new stance every at bat doesn't help either, but Gary needs to do something to help him. Maybe he is, I don't know, but it sure doesn't look like it.

If I were him I'd throw him extended batting practice without having him swing(Have the Real Sox pitchers throw so its like a bullpen session) and don't even have him swing. Just have him reading the pitches and calling out what is coming. Then after a while of doing that have him start hitting them and work on going opposite field which will help keep his weight back. Then when thats complete he'll be ready to roll again. Hopefully Ward reads this or at least sends him to Hrniak who will know what to do.

balboner
This team is the most heartless bunch I've seen in a long time. It starts with the manager and G.M.

Chisox_cali
Originally posted by balboner
Great job of Manuel leaving Garland in for the 7th after Fryman's hit as it was obvious he was throwing lollipops to the plate. Also, I've never seen a team try to hit homers on every pitch. Gary Ward must think they're in Colorado or something, cause their swings are horrible

Man Wunsch has been horrible lately :angry:

Daver
07-05-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
I just want to know what Ward tells Frank because its so obvious that Hurt, first off isn't seeing pitches and secondly that he is flying open. To me thats the sole reason Frank is struggling. Of course having a new stance every at bat doesn't help either, but Gary needs to do something to help him. Maybe he is, I don't know, but it sure doesn't look like it.

If I were him I'd throw him extended batting practice without having him swing(Have the Real Sox pitchers throw so its like a bullpen session) and don't even have him swing. Just have him reading the pitches and calling out what is coming. Then after a while of doing that have him start hitting them and work on going opposite field which will help keep his weight back. Then when thats complete he'll be ready to roll again. Hopefully Ward reads this or at least sends him to Hrniak who will know what to do.

:von

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

They fired me for what?

Iguana775
07-05-2002, 08:32 PM

That is pretty good, chisoxfn. you want the hitting coach job?? lol :)

Chisoxfn
07-05-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Man Wunsch has been horrible lately :angry:

Wunsch is over-rated. He had one good year and its because no one knew his arm angle. People figured him out and now all he is a bp coach. He doesn't have good movement on his pitches, nor does he have control. There was a reason he was in the minors as long as he was and thats where he'll be the rest of his career after we get a decent gm and manager that realizes he has nothing. We'd be much better off giving someone like Parrish a shot to be our lefty in the pen. He's doing awesome since coming up to AAA and who knows maybe he can stabilize the pen. Its not like he'd do worse then Porzio.

Chisoxfn
07-05-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775

That is pretty good, chisoxfn. you want the hitting coach job?? lol :)

Lol, I'll take it as long as they keep paying me when those greedy players go out and strike :D:

Jerry_Manuel
07-05-2002, 08:38 PM

Could it be that Frank is tuning Ward out?