PDA

View Full Version : How often do you watch nationally televised baseball games?

SephClone89
03-30-2011, 03:39 PM
I think baseball is inherently bad for national television because each team plays damn near every day. If the White Sox are on, I'm going to be watching them. So I don't really watch as much national baseball as I would in a perfect world. I'll watch ESPN Sunday night and at least part of the FOX Saturday game...and if MLBN is having their day games I'll watch those too. But TBS on Sunday? More or less every team is playing at that time. If the ESPN Monday or Wednesday night games are in the Eastern time zone I'll at least start watching that one, but then switch to the Sox when they start.

This is why I'm excited to try mlb.tv this year--West coast games.

Madvora
03-30-2011, 03:51 PM
I watch every Sox game and that is all.

Lip Man 1
03-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Rarely, very rarely do I watch national telecasts because they usually are nothing but Yankees and or Red Sox.

No thanks...I'd sooner watch my old Sox tapes then go through that.

Lip

downstairs
03-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Almost never. Other teams just don't interest me beyond stats and standings.

RockJock07
03-30-2011, 05:19 PM
I love the Sox and I love baseball so I watch every game I can, I generally don't watch Red Sox/Yankees if I can avoid it.

I have Dish network so I don't have MLB Network or Extra Innings so I don't get to watch to many games anyways so I take the chance to watch baseball whenever I can.

DirtySox
03-30-2011, 05:26 PM
I love the Sox and I love baseball so I watch every game I can, I generally don't watch Red Sox/Yankees if I can avoid it.

This.

WhiteSox5187
03-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Baseball is baseball, so when it's the only game on TV, I will watch it, but passively.

soltrain21
03-30-2011, 05:35 PM
I watch any game that's on. I even flip back and forth if the Cubs and Sox are playing at the same time.

Boondock Saint
03-30-2011, 05:42 PM
I'll generally watch one or two games a month.

LITTLE NELL
03-30-2011, 07:35 PM
I usually watch the Sunday night game on ESPN.
Living in the Sunshine State I also watch the Rays a lot and some Marlin games. Watch the Sox when they are on WGN or when they are on a national game.

VenturaFan23
03-30-2011, 10:14 PM
As an Extra Innings subscriber, I watch the 8 game mix channel almost every night.

Foulke You
03-31-2011, 02:15 AM
Baseball is baseball, so when it's the only game on TV, I will watch it, but passively.
This is pretty much how I watch those type of games too. A very passive, clinical viewing of the game of baseball. I won't actively seek these games out but if I'm at a bar or something, I'm watching the baseball game over anything else that might be on. I just don't get emotionally invested unless the Sox are involved though.

GoGoCrede
03-31-2011, 02:21 AM
I lose interest quickly if it's a team I am not emotionally invested in. And I'm usually too busy to watch anyone but the Sox. I'll only keep it on as background noise. The only time I'll actively watch is if:

- it's a no-hitter, perfect game, or some other milestone
- it's an AL Central team and the outcome of the game has an effect on the Sox's place in the standings
- it's gone into extras and is in the 13th inning or something.

chisoxfanatic
03-31-2011, 08:39 AM
The Sox are the only team I have emotional ties to...I watch maybe 3-4 non-Sox games per month, usually the ones on MLB Network.

g0g0
03-31-2011, 09:08 AM
With 162 games, I'll try to catch them when I have time, but won't try to watch every one that's on TV. Especially if the other team is one I don't care for like AZ, Florida or Colorado. I just have no interest in those teams for some reason.

asindc
03-31-2011, 09:19 AM
I'll watch other AL Central games, Nats games, and Baltimore games. Otherwise, I'll tune in to other games to see how my fantasy players are doing.

Bucky F. Dent
03-31-2011, 09:23 AM
Generally watch whatever game is on, though I am more inclined to watch
if it's an AL game, but less inclined to watch if its the Yankees or Red Sox.

WhiteSoxJunkie
03-31-2011, 09:46 PM
I may watch a little bit, but the only games I watch every pitch of are Sox games. Even when the Sox have an off day, I still don't really watch any games.

rdivaldi
04-01-2011, 12:04 AM
I will watch if there is an excellent pitching matchup (eg. Lincecum and Kershaw tonight), unless any of the teams are named Yankees, Red Sox or Cubs.

white sox bill
04-01-2011, 07:31 AM
If the Sox are on, I always watch the national broadcast . But other than that, hardly ever. Have better things to do

gobears1987
04-01-2011, 08:01 AM
I almost never watch baseball if it isn't the Sox. Baseball isn't the type of sport where I can get interested if it's not my team.

Huisj
04-01-2011, 09:59 AM
When I don't get mlb.tv, I tend to watch a lot more of the ESPN, Fox, and TBS broadcasts just to see games. Otherwise it's just Tigers games and the occasional Sox WGN game, and that doesn't get me excited. I like seeing other players from around the league.

TDog
04-01-2011, 10:31 AM
I live in national California, so except for a few games against the A's, I only get the White Sox as the national game. Quite often, when the White Sox are on the national game, I get a different national game. As with most places I've lived, my current local cable company doesn't carry WGN, and I don't pay for any sort of baseball package.

Baseball is one of the few reasons to have a TV.

fcl
04-03-2011, 09:13 AM
I might watch if there is an AL Central impact or in other words to root against the Tigers or Twins.

Sunday night baseball is generally the only national game I watch, but I don't plan around it. Kind of a nothing else to do and nothing else on TV thing. But if the Sox lost on Sunday, especially if Ozzie gives away a sweep by playing all scrubs, I'm angry at baseball and won't watch that game either.

If the Sox are hot and pounded someone on Sunday, I'm jacked about baseball and generally watch. Yea I know, kind a weird.......