PDA

View Full Version : Tonites Line-up.....NO FRANK!

Chisox_cali
07-05-2002, 06:34 PM
Lofton cf
Graffy 2b
Maggs rf
Paulie dh
Manos 3b
Clee lf
Leif 1b
Alomar c
Royce ss

doublem23
07-05-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Leif 1b

I guess the squeaky wheel really does get the grease.

Chisox_cali
07-05-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Maybe they're parading him out there for a look for a possible trade?

Mathew
07-05-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by
Leif 1b

That is brutal. He whines and plays just like every other whiner before him! This is a big series and we dictate our line up to please a 27 year old man who is paid a lot of money because he's frustrated.

guillen4life13
07-05-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Mathew

That is brutal. He whines and plays just like every other whiner before him! This is a big series and we dictate our line up to please a 27 year old man who is paid a lot of money because he's frustrated.

i'd love to see what you would say if jeff hits a gw walk off hr in the bottom of the 9th. not necessarily saying you'd jump bandwagons, but a lot of the posters here (i'm not even close to innocent, but i'm getting a lot better) tend to jump bandwagons when they are proven wrong, and so on.

Mathew
07-05-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13

i'd love to see what you would say if jeff hits a gw walk off hr in the bottom of the 9th. not necessarily saying you'd jump bandwagons, but a lot of the posters here (i'm not even close to innocent, but i'm getting a lot better) tend to jump bandwagons when they are proven wrong, and so on.

I'm pretty blatent in my opinion that Jeff Leifer isn't very good. But I'd probably be very upset(other than the result) if he hit a gw homer, because that would mean he likely struck out 3 times in the game trying to hit one, rather than hit the ball hard every time to the plate. I don't doubt he would be put into the hall of fame for 3 days and then everyone would again call for his head when he sucked again. Failing that I could always go for the "well with pitches like that Frank would have hit 3 home runs today!"

Dadawg_77
07-05-2002, 07:14 PM
hey maybe this is to give Paulie and Frank a rest and who else would you put at first? Tony? Aaron?

Mathew
07-05-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
hey maybe this is to give Paulie and Frank a rest and who else would you put at first? Tony? Aaron?

Convenient rest after a whine and cheese session. I would personally save the All-Star break for resting players as I would like the gap narrowed before they get there. It's not that big a deal, don't get me wrong, but a bit gutless.

Not that it matters but anyone can play first.

RKMeibalane
07-05-2002, 09:10 PM
Has anyone considered the possibility that Manuel is resting Frank because he hasn't been hitting well? Anyway, I was dissapointed to see that Liefer is whining now. This is just on the heels of Clayton bitching and moaning because he was "benched" last month. There are so many whiners and complainers on this Sox team. It's amazing they've held together as well as they have.

I'm having trouble buying the argument that the Sox have great team chemistry, because it looks as though too many players are in their own worlds right now.

Frank is busy trying to fix his swing. I don't fault him for that. He is one of the few guys who is trying to help the club. The results aren't there at the moment, but the effort is. That's more than I can say for several others on the team.

Royce is just awful. In spite of his current "hot streak," he's hitting in the .220-.230 range. His glove is not what it's cracked up to be. I am sick of seeing his name on the lineup card. I have no more confidence in his ability to hit than in Chris Dudley's ability to knock down free throws. This is just ridiculous. Furthermore, he has complained several times about starting at shortstop. When he was "benched" earlier, he tried to blame all of us, saying that we as fans expect too much of him. His excuse was, "You expect me to hit .330 every year, and then you're dissapointed when I don't." No, Royce. We are dissapointed because you cannot even put up average numbers. When you actually make solid contact, half the people in the stands do a double-take in order to be sure they aren't seeing things.

What's the matter with Valentin? Every time he seems to be swinging the bat well, something happens, and his game goes down the toilet. His defense is awful. If there was ever a reason to bring up Crede, it is because he's already far superior to the incumbent third baseman.

Lofton has not done anything right since April. I hope he isn't injured again, as he was most of last season. If something is bothering him, he should come forward and consider going on the disabled list for the time being. I don't think Rowand would be any better, but at least he is 100%.

Nardi must suffer the same fate as Don Baylor, and soon.

I would love to see a huge brawl similar to the one involving the Tigers in 2000.