PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Kim is the perfect Cubs manager

Bisco Stu
07-05-2002, 05:31 PM
Let's face it, the Flubs ARE the wimps of baseball. Possibly all of sports. Playing in the "friendly confines," lovable losers, et al.

Bruce = Stereotypical "gay" name

Kim = Chick's name

Don Baylor was too macho it seems.

doublem23
07-05-2002, 05:33 PM
Now there's intelligent baseball analysis.

Paulwny
07-05-2002, 06:11 PM
I hope you never bump into Bruce Smith.

TornLabrum
07-05-2002, 06:19 PM
Let's face it, the Flubs ARE the wimps of baseball. Possibly all of sports. Playing in the "friendly confines," lovable losers, et al.

[QUOTE]Bruce = Stereotypical "gay" name

[QUOTE]Kim = Chick's name

I guess I have a longer memory than most of this board. Bruce Kimm (not Kim) spent a season with the Sox. That came from my memory. Now what I looked up. Kimm played in 186 ML games, 100 with the Sox, for whom he closed out his MLB career at age 29.

He spent at least part of 4 season in the major leagues, two with the Tigers (77 games), one with the Cubs (9 games) and one with the Sox (100 games), all as a catcher/DH. He hit .237 overall, .243 with the Sox in 1980.

Don't go knocking ex-Sox players unless they're Albert Belle!

Spiff
07-05-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu

Kim = Chick's name

Not that it matters to you, but Kimm has two m's.

rmusacch
07-05-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Now there's intelligent baseball analysis.

Well Bisco Stu would know about gays being he is in San Francisco <insert sarcasm>

Bisco Stu
07-05-2002, 06:52 PM
I was waiting for the SF joke. Gee, I thought it'd be in the spirit of bashing the Cubs and all.

Good thing I didn't start a thread about Ted Williams being a baby-killer...

Jerry_Manuel
07-05-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

Can we still knock Williams?

Soxheads
07-05-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

I can't knock Singelton? Aww, man! :(:

baggio202
07-05-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu

Kim = Chick's name

the way the white sox are playing how can you have the nerve to call any other team whimpy??..even the scrubs...we are more of a laughing stock because more was expected of us

LongDistanceFan
07-06-2002, 06:34 AM
for me i wanted the northsiders to still keep Don Baylor, like this they will always be in the cellar where they belong.......... i for 1 will miss him. :whiner:

SOXSINCE'70
07-06-2002, 07:39 AM
Have you seen the Sox play lately??Losing 2 of 3 to the "Toothless Tigers",a team that hadn't won a series on the road all year, is not my idea of macho.
When can we fire Manuel, Nardi,Gary Ward and Lenny??
Is yesterday too soon??