PDA

View Full Version : Garcia makes NYY rotation

Fenway
03-26-2011, 11:20 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2011/03/26/2011-03-26_yankees_rotation_set_as_girardi_names_ivan_nova _freddy_garcia_starters_bartolo_c.html

Ummm he wins the spot with a spring ERA of over 12

Viva Medias B's
03-26-2011, 11:42 AM
The Yankees are on a downward trend, needless to say. They, Jeter and Posada in particular, are aging rapidly.

soltrain21
03-26-2011, 11:43 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2011/03/26/2011-03-26_yankees_rotation_set_as_girardi_names_ivan_nova _freddy_garcia_starters_bartolo_c.html

Ummm he wins the spot with a spring ERA of over 12

He is a veteran who has shown up and time and time again in the regular season (and playoffs). I doubt they are worried about his spring ERA. Especially with the awful situation their rotation is in to begin with.

Corlose 15
03-26-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm not sure what to make of the Yankees for this year.. 200M payroll and you've got Garcia and Colon battling for a spot in the rotation. If the Sox were in this position people would be going ape**** right now.

gobears1987
03-26-2011, 06:55 PM
The Yankees have collected our trash the way we used to collect Royals pitchers.

BartoloColon
Brian Anderson
Damaso Marte
Nick Swisher
Freddy Garcia
Boone Logan

Am I forgetting anyone?

Foulke You
03-26-2011, 06:59 PM
He is a veteran who has shown up and time and time again in the regular season (and playoffs). I doubt they are worried about his spring ERA. Especially with the awful situation their rotation is in to begin with.
Freddy was awful in Spring Training last year for us as well and when the season started, he was fine. With that Yankee offense, I wouldn't be surprised if Freddy won another 10 to 12 games in 2011.

mzh
03-26-2011, 07:05 PM
The Yankees have collected our trash the way we used to collect Royals pitchers.

BartoloColon
Brian Anderson
Damaso Marte
Nick Swisher
Freddy Garcia
Boone Logan

Am I forgetting anyone?
Neal Cotts, and if you're going with a Chicago theme, Mark Prior. :gulp:

HomeFish
03-26-2011, 07:27 PM
There is no greater honor in baseball than to wear Yankee pinstripes. Congratulations to Freddie, may he do better than Esteban Loaiza and Damaso Marte did over there.

Red Barchetta
03-26-2011, 08:21 PM
I'm not sure what to make of the Yankees for this year.. 200M payroll and you've got Garcia and Colon battling for a spot in the rotation. If the Sox were in this position people would be going ape**** right now.

...we were pretty close to that position a couple years ago. Colon basically went missing and then we grabbed Garcia for the 5th starter.

I hope Sweaty Freddy does well. He was part of our success in 2005 and he performed admirably last season as the #5 guy.

Lip Man 1
03-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Given Peavy's status for the first month or so and the way Marquez and Humber have looked recently I wish the Sox still had Freddy.

Lip

rdivaldi
03-26-2011, 09:43 PM
There is no greater honor in baseball than to wear Yankee pinstripes.

Teal implied, yes?

PaleHoser
03-27-2011, 01:07 AM

BartoloColon
Brian Anderson
Damaso Marte
Nick Swisher
Freddy Garcia
Boone Logan

Am I forgetting anyone?

Mark Teahan? One can wish. :praying:

DirtySouthsider
03-27-2011, 09:59 AM

BartoloColon
Brian Anderson
Damaso Marte
Nick Swisher
Freddy Garcia
Boone Logan

Am I forgetting anyone?

Andruw Jones...right?

Lip Man 1
03-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Corlose:

I've already seen it discussed among the national shows that the Yanks will be making their usual pitch to get both Hernandez from Seattle and Liriano from the Twins by the trade deadline. Assuming they can stay in the race for the wild card that would make a major difference. (Liriano is a free agent after the season I think and the Twins don't know if they can sign him...)

Lip

DirtySox
03-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Corlose:

I've already seen it discussed among the national shows that the Yanks will be making their usual pitch to get both Hernandez from Seattle and Liriano from the Twins by the trade deadline. Assuming they can stay in the race for the wild card that would make a major difference. (Liriano is a free agent after the season I think and the Twins don't know if they can sign him...)

Lip

They will be gunning for Danks too if the White Sox aren't performing as expected.

mzh
03-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Corlose:

Lip
I know it's true, and it is the sort of thing that goes on with the Yankees every year, but it just bothers me. The greatest reason I truly despise the Yankees is the attitude of them and the attitudes of their fans. They're like spoiled children walking around a mall. Many of their fans are just as bad as Cubs fans. "Oh, Felix Hernandez? He's a pretty good ballplayer I guess, let's get him." Just because they ****ing can. Same thing with Cliff Lee. It's been debated for years about a possible salary system fix, but it's bull**** like that that makes me want it to get done.

/rant :tongue:

SOXSINCE'70
03-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Neal Cotts, and if you're going with a Chicago theme, Mark Prior. :gulp:

Continuing that Chicago theme:

Their manager is Joe Girardi.
Their new pitching coach is Larry Rothschlid.:o:

Let the towel tossing begin. :D:

Foulke You
03-27-2011, 02:48 PM
They will be gunning for Danks too if the White Sox aren't performing as expected.
Should the worst happen and the Sox don't perform as expected, it is far more likely to see Edwin Jackson or Mark Buehrle traded since they are high salary pitchers in the last year of their contracts. I'd be shocked if the Sox moved Danks.

DirtySox
03-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Should the worst happen and the Sox don't perform as expected, it is far more likely to see Edwin Jackson or Mark Buehrle traded since they are high salary pitchers in the last year of their contracts. I'd be shocked if the Sox moved Danks.

I wouldn't. According to much I've read and heard this off-season, Danks isn't all that interested in signing an extension, especially with only this year and next until free agency. He's setting up for a huge payday. He would also provide the best return for the Sox who would likely endure a rebuilding of sorts if this year is a failure. I see him as the starter that is most likely moved if a down year is to occur.