PDA

View Full Version : Auto tags....

MiamiSpartan
03-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Don't live in Illinois any more, but why can you buy a Blackhawks' auto tag, and a cubs' tag, but no White Sox tag??

soxfan21
03-25-2011, 10:12 PM
I was told by the secretary of state office that sox plates would be made available later in the year, they are just finalizing the design.

34rancher
03-25-2011, 10:54 PM
Direct quote by Jesse White directly to me when I asked him:
Releasing each team at time they think it will sell most. Hawks after cup, cubs (before year over), sox later in season. Plan was for bears to be in sync with camp, sox at post season. The plates go to charity.

MiamiSpartan
03-27-2011, 05:11 PM
OK...good to know they're coming...now everyone up there needs to represent!!!

Red Barchetta
03-27-2011, 06:38 PM
I wish you could get sports team-specific tags regardless of each state. I live in Florida and we must have over 30 different types of plates supporting various causes.

I image the Chicago team plates will be popular up north, however someone in downstate Illinois might want a Cardinals plate instead.

It would be nice if MLB could offer up the design for each team and then each state come buy into the program for charity, etc.

gregoriop
03-27-2011, 09:51 PM
I wish you could get sports team-specific tags regardless of each state. I live in Florida and we must have over 30 different types of plates supporting various causes.

I image the Chicago team plates will be popular up north, however someone in downstate Illinois might want a Cardinals plate instead.

It would be nice if MLB could offer up the design for each team and then each state come buy into the program for charity, etc.

The other day we saw a John Lennon FL one in front of us. My wife went from jealous to angry in a seconds. "What does John Lennon have to do with Florida?"

New York has every NBA team available, but they look pretty terrible.

HomeFish
03-27-2011, 11:13 PM

It's getting a bit absurd, you can buy a Michigan State license plate here in Virginia :scratch:

DSpivack
03-27-2011, 11:59 PM
The other day we saw a John Lennon FL one in front of us. My wife went from jealous to angry in a seconds. "What does John Lennon have to do with Florida?"

New York has every NBA team available, but they look pretty terrible.

It's getting a bit absurd, you can buy a Michigan State license plate here in Virginia :scratch:

Virginia has got to be the craziest state for different license plates. I think I once counted well over 200 different plates, including many for out-of-state colleges. I also want to say that Virginia has way more vanity plates, as a percentage, than any other state, because they're a lot cheaper by comparison.