PDA

View Full Version : Want a Beer at the Ballpark? There's an app for that..

ComiskeyBrewer
03-25-2011, 01:24 PM
The Brewers have installed Bypass Lanes at Miller Park this season, and you can now order(and pay for) your concessions with an app on your smartphone. It will apparently send you a text message when your food is ready, and you just go and pick it up(you confirm who you are thru entering a username/password combo at the stand).

I think this is pretty cool, and while i don't eat much in the ballpark(tailgating is half the fun) i am sure i will try it out once this year, just to see how much time it saves.
http://www.wiba.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=118857&article=8339702

downstairs
03-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Seems cool to me, however I wonder how they'll handle the idiotic beer limitations (unless Miller Park doesn't have them). If I were with a large group... could I order 5 beers for 5 people? I believe you can't do that at US Cellular right now can you?

ComiskeyBrewer
03-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Seems cool to me, however I wonder how they'll handle the idiotic beer limitations (unless Miller Park doesn't have them). If I were with a large group... could I order 5 beers for 5 people? I believe you can't do that at US Cellular right now can you?

You would have to bring up the IDs of those you are buying the beers for(at least, that's how they do it now when you buy more than the limit)