PDA

View Full Version : Sox line-up

balboner
07-04-2002, 10:28 PM
If Manuel wants to continue to play Frank, he needs to move him way down in the line-up. Batting him 3rd prevents almost any big inning that may involve Konerko and Mags. W/the way Lee is hitting and taking pitches, as well as the one game he batted there, I'd like to see him get the chance in the 3 hole. If not, move Mags to 3, Konerko 4, and Lee 5th. We have nothing to lose right now, this team isnt going anywhere w/its current order

guillen4life13
07-04-2002, 10:30 PM
tru that.

Tragg
07-04-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by balboner
If Manuel wants to continue to play Frank, he needs to move him way down in the line-up. Batting him 3rd prevents almost any big inning that may involve Konerko and Mags. W/the way Lee is hitting and taking pitches, as well as the one game he batted there, I'd like to see him get the chance in the 3 hole. If not, move Mags to 3, Konerko 4, and Lee 5th. We have nothing to lose right now, this team isnt going anywhere w/its current order

Who could he play besides frank? We have nothing off the bench.

CerberusWG
07-04-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Tragg

Who could he play besides frank? We have nothing off the bench.

:crede

I'M ALIVE DAMN YOU!

Bisco Stu
07-04-2002, 11:21 PM
TOTALLY AGREE.

While I want Frank to retire with the ChiSox, right now he should be batting 7th.

Nellie_Fox
07-04-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
Who could he play besides frank? We have nothing off the bench. This thread is not discussing benching Frank, it's about getting him out of the three hole. The #3 hitter is your best hitter, and no way that's Frank right now. I still want to believe that he'll get it back, and this is just the result of missing virtually a whole year. But he can't keep killing scoring chances in the three spot.

TheBigHurt
07-05-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
This thread is not discussing benching Frank, it's about getting him out of the three hole. The #3 hitter is your best hitter, and no way that's Frank right now. I still want to believe that he'll get it back, and this is just the result of missing virtually a whole year. But he can't keep killing scoring chances in the three spot.

the thing that really surpries me about Frank is his average. He always has a high BA. Isnt this like the 1st year frank has a under 300 BA. Thats what's holding him down.

RKMeibalane
07-05-2002, 11:37 AM
He hit only .265 in 1998.

TheBigHurt
07-05-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
He hit only .265 in 1998. 3

ok i guess thats the only year then

Nick@Nite
07-05-2002, 01:16 PM
I can't help but think JM is trying to get Frank to see good pitches (to hit). After all, PK and Maggs are hitting after Frank. The theory should be that opposing pitchers are more willing to pitch to Frank (with his sub-par B.A.) versus pitching to the best hitters on the club.

Either Big Frank see's good pitches at the 3-spot and base hit's/slugs his way back to respectability, or he does it in the 6th or 7th spot (which will be much more difficult to do).

C'mon Hurt, give'm a Thrill!

Maggliosfan09
07-05-2002, 05:03 PM
The problem with Frank is he's not seeing anything. I'd love to see Frank hitting again. Maybe if we had a solid line-up the pitching wouldn't matter as much.