PDA

View Full Version : Rowand hurt?

KempersRS
08-06-2001, 03:24 PM
I saw there was a long delay after a fly out to center, then Rowand came out of the game, what happened? Please let it be minor...

doublem23
08-06-2001, 03:26 PM
I'm listening to the game on the radio, and Farmer & Rooney were saying that it mey be a shouler/wrist/collar bone thing, but they didn't make it seem TOO serious.

Jerry_Manuel
08-06-2001, 03:27 PM
He ran into the wall in left center, he walked off the field by himself and looked fine. Herm was checking his shoulder when he went out to check on him. He should be ok.

FarWestChicago
08-06-2001, 03:29 PM
:rowand

I ain't afraid of no stinkin' wall!

Soxboyrob
08-06-2001, 03:59 PM
I think they're just playing it safe w/ this young up and comer. So far, this guy really looks like the real deal to me, doing the little things that help a team win games....and doing some of the big things. I wonder if Randars has changed his mind on Rowand yet. Are you still maintaining that he'll be adequate, or about the same as a Jeff Abbott?

Randar68
08-06-2001, 04:13 PM
Are you still maintaining that he'll be adequate, or about the same as a Jeff Abbott?

He has impressed me, and thus far, has played better defense in CF than he ever did LF in the Minors.

He is adequate and I equated his hitting abilities to Jeff Abbott, although I never said they would have similar careers. Jeff has battled little playing time and injuries to this point in his career, and wil probably never get a real shot.

Rowand has played much better defense thus far.

Still, I don't think Aaron Rowand is ever going to be the starting CF'er on a championship quality team....

danman31
08-06-2001, 04:18 PM
I was watching the postgame show and for a Rowand interview he said the injury was in his right shoulder. He is day to day.

Soxboyrob
08-06-2001, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Still, I don't think Aaron Rowand is ever going to be the starting CF'er on a championship quality team....

I suppose that'll remain to be seen. Right now, he's showing all the promise of an up and coming superstar. It's way too early to make any predictions of glory or doom for the guy, but he seems to have that certain something that makes a guy a good or even great player...that sort of grit and determination that can take you to the next level. He has good power, good speed and guts. I expect big things from him. He's certainly a better CF prospect than Borchard(from a defensive standpoint). If anything, don't be surprised if our long range plan has Lee at 1B, Borchard in LF, Rowand in CF and Maggs in RF. Everyone and their mother knows that the Sox are looking to ship Konerko and if that happens, look for them to try Lee at first base.