03-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Also says he doesn't have a bad relationship with the Sox:

http://bit.ly/ev1c2t

MARTINMVP
03-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Of course he doesn't.

Lip Man 1
03-18-2011, 12:08 AM
The relationship isn't good from everyone that I spoken with on this both from the organization itself and from the media.

Boras, isn't the best agent in the game for nothing. He's not going to openly say something like that and piss off a club that someday might be wanting one of his clients.

The relationship wasn't good from the start but when Alex Rodriguez stiffed an interview with Kenny Williams and Boras accused in public the Sox of not being prepared, that pushed it over the edge. That and JR's insistence that he wanted a private meeting with A-Rod without Boras present.

What does something like that tell you?

These folks aren't ever going to be exchanging Christmas cards...

Lip

DumpJerry
03-18-2011, 06:45 AM
This is from the guy who lied to the Rangers about another team showing interest in A Rod to tweak more money from them.

Lord knows how many other lies he has told.

Sargeant79
03-18-2011, 11:45 AM
If I'm remembering correctly, Boras is actually partially correct here, except he has selective memory...

From what I remember, Boras did pitch an extension to the Sox after 2005, but Kenny wasn't ready to lock up Crede at that point since the 2nd half of 2005 was really the only time in his career Crede had really hit well. Then he had his monster 2006 season, and the Sox approached Boras about an extension. I don't remember what the terms were that the Sox wanted at that point, but Boras would have none of it by then. After 2006, Crede's value was at it's peak, and Boras was determined to get top dollar by then.

So did the Sox rebuff an attempt by Boras to get Crede locked up? Yes...before the 2006 season. Did Boras cost Crede money by not getting him signed to an extension that the Sox wanted to do (after the 2006 season)? Yes.

34rancher
03-19-2011, 05:47 AM
The relationship isn't good from everyone that I spoken with on this both from the organization itself and from the media.

Boras, isn't the best agent in the game for nothing. He's not going to openly say something like that and piss off a club that someday might be wanting one of his clients.

The relationship wasn't good from the start but when Alex Rodriguez stiffed an interview with Kenny Williams and Boras accused in public the Sox of not being prepared, that pushed it over the edge. That and JR's insistence that he wanted a private meeting with A-Rod without Boras present.

What does something like that tell you?

These folks aren't ever going to be exchanging Christmas cards...

Lip

Well Mr. Reinsdorf is Jewish.....

In all seriousness, Boras does what he is paid by his clients. I get that. But in life, there are always consequences. By getting his players more, they drain the resources of their prospective teams. So the player is getting more, but the team is less competitive. In the end, it comes down to how much is enough for the individual, and how much does a player want to work with and for a team. I NEVER fault people for getting paid. In a semi-free market, I think people get what they deserve...

That being said, I think Kenny hates dealing with the guy, as Kenny seems pretty honest and upfront in wanting to have a private relationship on the business end. Boras likes to drag things through the court of public opinion. JR and KW want to deal directly with the man and create a "family" atmosphere, with an eye on hiring in management in the future. I loved Joe Crede here, but he may go down as one of the most maddening players for me. I felt like I heard about him forever before he got here, and then he was always hurt. I'll forever be grateful for having him in 2005 and wish him luck.

DrCrawdad
03-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Well Mr. Reinsdorf is Jewish.....

Yeah, well there is that.

:)